Great EA in backtest! - page 136

abrs70:
have you forward tested cyberia? how long has it been?

I started forward testing 1.95 SR variable SB about a week ago. I hasn't taken any positions yet. I started forward testing 1.93b only last Thursday. It took one position and won it. The markets have been closed for the weekend and the new year since. Before that I tried other version when my broker was ibfx but I consider that it's all a new ball game now at fxdd.

BrazilianTrader:
yeah, that is a good strategy... I wish you success!!

thank you, I wish you success in this new year also it's good to collaborate with other objective investor/traders.

abrs70:
instead of backtesting 7 years, can you backtest month of may until december individually???

I could never make CT pass through may-july 2006.

It was a very bad period...

It also had bad results on december.

My worries about using this EA on a real market is the bad results it gets some months...

I had hoped to see this being more active today. It has not entered any trades since the one it entered Dec 29. I'm going to have to find another EA to study and develop while I allow this one to run or I will wither away from sheer boredom. Does anyone have a suggestion what other EA or EA's merit exploring either as complimentary or alternative to this one?

what happend in those months?

BrazilianTrader:
I could never make CT pass through may-july 2006.

It was a very bad period...

It also had bad results on december.

My worries about using this EA on a real market is the bad results it gets some months...

Can you list the worst month during the last 5 years?

Something tells me that we will find some kind of fundamental influance that effect the CT.

Anyway, I'm new to this forum, and I'm about to start forward testing the 1.93b CT EA. I just want to get my parameters strate, so I won't do any stupid mistakes.

its GBPqUSD, TF:1H, stop it on news.

What are the defult TP, SL, Lot size?

anything else?

thank in anticipation,

CRE666.

cre666:
Can you list the worst month during the last 5 years?

Something tells me that we will find some kind of fundamental influance that effect the CT.

Anyway, I'm new to this forum, and I'm about to start forward testing the 1.93b CT EA. I just want to get my parameters strate, so I won't do any stupid mistakes.

its GBPqUSD, TF:1H, stop it on news.

What are the defult TP, SL, Lot size?

anything else?

thank in anticipation,

CRE666.

CT doesn't perform fine on other pairs but EUR.USD...

We use standard parameters, except for the risk that will go as you wish.

1.93b worst months

BrazilianTrader:
CT doesn't perform fine on other pairs but EUR.USD... We use standard parameters, except for the risk that will go as you wish.

sorry, I ment Eur/Usd. typo...

As I have asked before, can you list the worst month during the last 5 years?

cre666:
sorry, I ment Eur/Usd. typo...

As I have asked before, can you list the worst month during the last 5 years?

I have to test month by month.

Backtests 99% over GAIN Capital data feed and Forward Tests

Hey pple...

I recently asked Tross to test CT 1.93b with 99% modeling quality and the results were CRAP: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175901/page2. It dumped the deposit.

Another guy asked the same about CT 1_9 R2.2 and got more CRAP:https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175901/page2. Deposit was dumped too.

Lets note that Tross' datafeed isn't from any broker who use MT4, so the reliability isn't very high, but it was a 99% backtest anyways. A 90% backtest is theoricaly less reliable than one of those at 99%.

Even so, Aragorn got disappointed with his results on his live at IBFX. It seems that it ran there as CT did on Tross' 99% backtest. I also got a bad result on my demo account while Aragorn was having his bad one. But I blamed (and still believe on that) CT's bad performance to the year's end.

Despite all of this, a 99% backtest giving us consistent Crap results must be a warning to us. Perhaps 90% backtest wouldn't be reliable at all for CT.

My Demo test (only nov-dec at FXDD Server), Aragorn's Live test (only nov-dec IBFX Server** I might be wrong) and Tross' 99% backtest (Entire 2006 over Gain Capital Servers' data), SO FAR, has one thing in common: Bad Results.

Perhaps Aragorn's and my results are only a reflect of EUR.USD bad pattern for CT Logics and Tross' 99% backtest wouldn't be reliable for us, given it is from a different data feed. But the "Bad results" coincidence between them must be a warning for us on taking conclusions over 90% backtests.

hi!

just curious..

how's the performance so far?

i see only bad results in the earlier posts...

kindly attached the .htm file too.

thankz =)

Reason: