Aaragorn's EA workbench - page 2

Hey people...

I think that scalper EAs are for dreams...

No Broker will ever let them to be used... the more one search for the word "Scalper" on internet, the more you find people asking for brokers that let them scalp...

I may be wrong, but I never found any broker that allow scalpers;

The 2 EAs that seem to be able to work fine in a live account are Cyberia Trader Open Source (current version I prefer is 1.93b) and BollTrade (current version I prefer is 03n);

They are being tested in demo...

Need time to take conclusions...

http://www.mbtrading.com/

Maybe this broker permits scalping

Many brokers allow scalping, they just request a big account (+100.000-500.000), i thing Oanda allows for 500k, and heard of others.

The problem with scalping is that execution time must be really fast, because if not, the order gets to the broker and the broker cant execute it properly, that way they end up loosing money, because their clients would complain and the broker cant really make any excuses, so they prohibe scalping and that way avoid all those problems. With bigger accounts i guess they give higher priority.

Im currently launching my own broker with some partners, using IB, and they offered a FIX connection that that allow orders to get procesed almost instantly, and a really big number of orders simultaniously.

ienaplinsky:
http://www.mbtrading.com/ Maybe this broker permits scalping

correction....no broker using Metatrader 4 allows scalping.

we all hope MB will one day allow use of meta4 but not yet.

closest you can get is fxdd allows tp 2x the spread. thats a tp of 4 on euro$.

but they just reciently raised spread on the other pairs by 1 point. (we are all pissed about that)

Dave

templar:
follow some screenshots of the bolltrade indicator and a simple bollinger bands with i think no need to explain about it's logic just see the charts.. follow too, a backtest using broker MIG, mt4 build200 using bolltrade v03n!

can you post the reliable version... is it working on micro lot account?

BrazilianTrader:
Hey people...

I think that scalper EAs are for dreams...

No Broker will ever let them to be used... the more one search for the word "Scalper" on internet, the more you find people asking for brokers that let them scalp...

I may be wrong, but I never found any broker that allow scalpers;

The 2 EAs that seem to be able to work fine in a live account are Cyberia Trader Open Source (current version I prefer is 1.93b) and BollTrade (current version I prefer is 03n);

They are being tested in demo...

Need time to take conclusions...

please post cyberia here

abrs70:
can you post the reliable version... is it working on micro lot account?

BollTrade_Ron_MT4_v03n

It works! later share yours results with us!

abrs70:
please post cyberia here

cyberiatrader

I have the following protocol which has just sort of evolved to test EA's.

1- Look for the best settings by fitting methodical changes to individual variables one at a time and letting the tester tell me where the top of the curve is for that variable.

2- I run the EA doing a data dump of the relevant variables.

3- I measure the win/loss ratio of the outcome and see if any particular variable is a determiner of that outcome that can be used to filter for a higher probability performance. I look for indicators that can be used to filter.

4- I design a filter based on what the analisys says.

5- retest to see if the filter actually improves the performance.

I wish at this point that I could start with a higher probability signal to start with. I wish I knew a higher probability signal.

Looking at the multilotscalper for example the first trade is about 58% successful at winning That means it loses 42% of the times, that's alot!! It is the second most active signal in the series of 5 the most active signal is the opening for the second trade but that is still only about 74% successful. The third trade is the highest probability of winning at 76% but it's not as active. These results are posted in my previous post. Perhaps I could do some more research on the second trade in the series and see if improving that will help.

after a good deal of analysis on multilotscalper...I made a version 4 with some entry changes...still the best I can get out of it is 71%. That's not good enough for me.

This is what I determined from my analysis..

Series Wins Lose Total Percentage

1st 1618 1167 2785 0.580969479

2nd 1721 609 2330 0.738626609

3rd 1392 422 1814 0.767364939

4th 982 392 1374 0.714701601

5th 663 359 1022 0.648727984

The series means which trade in the series of max5 trades.

I focused on the 3rd trade in the series and increased the lots based on it's being 8 or 9 pips off the high of the opens and closes of the last 8 bars. (4 hours) I chose that because that's what the analysis said won more. I had hoped that this sort of thing would have given a better filter but it doesn't.

I guess this was practice at data dumping. The multilotscalper is a difficult data dump because of the way it works in series that vary in size.

I havn't looked really at the boll trade EA. I glanced at it but it didn't seem to offer anything..I don't know what to look at next.

What I'm looking for is a higher probability like in the upper 80 or lower 90% win loss even if it isn't as active.

NonLagZigZagEA

Can someone tell me more about this zig zag indicator what it's variables mean....

i get the ZZ and the trend. but what is the function of the MA, del and avdel?

fyi, this ea is so-so in the 1hr chart eurusd as is. it's exactly like the indicator itself it zigs and zags.

I'm wondering what else I could do to smooth the outcome. I've tried several different setting configurations on different timeframes. Seems that some configuration out to work?? no real success yet.

suggestions welcome.

Reason: