Great EA in backtest! - page 101

Oh yea

i had two more trades with cyberia

Wins 1

Losses 1

So they cancel each other out, actually the loss takes quite a bit from win. Oh and speaking of sashkens EA, that thing is crazy!! huge S/L I wouldn't use that unless i had millions to play around with... I've got it tweaked some though and got some great results, but i still wouldn't go live with it.

DudeWorks:
http://championship.mql4.com/2006/participants

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/users/sashken

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/users/Hendrick

Hendrick has Phoenix running which also has a thread running here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175245

I'm running the contest version, and its doing well,has many trades under its belt for a fair track record so far, Sashken only has 3 wins 0 loss buts its profits are on top right now, PhX is 11/2

note: I should not imply I gave up CT altogether, I havent, I just needed to get back to trading, I am still addicted to is as well, its such an interesting EA and I may very well purchase the Pro version this week just to end the drama, of everyone hucking some EA these days this one is prolly worth it. However I'll still be tinkering with CT, one thing that is cool about it is that its a pretty fair ready made template, just add your favorite signal strat and let it trade for you.

Anyhow, looks like Dave has the key settings working for him but I wonder if 70% win rate will hold up to profits, because as we've seen CT can win a 5-7 easily but then it gives back 2 big ones.

Keep us posted in a month and more Dave, I hope it continues on for you and holds that profit.

ok I just loaded

http://championship.mql4.com/2006/users/Hendrick

popped it in the backtester and it didn't open a single order???? 15M on the USDJPY right. that's what I did. guess I'd better hop over to the other thread to find out what this is all about. thanks for the links.

Just curious on sashken's EA what is the best Chart, TF? I don't see it posted anywhere. Maybe it is but without an english/russian translation I'd never know.

YupYup:
i had two more trades with cyberia

Wins 1

Losses 1

So they cancel each other out, actually the loss takes quite a bit from win. Oh and speaking of sashkens EA, that thing is crazy!! huge S/L I wouldn't use that unless i had millions to play around with... I've got it tweaked some though and got some great results, but i still wouldn't go live with it.

wonder what it would be like with a good cyberia style trailing stop?

There was a news event that just happened (USD Interest Rate) and the CT was still trading in the last hour I have had 4 trades closed (3 win 1 loss) with one trade still open. There was another win trade earlier, so it looks like the last 24 hours have been positive.

I have another question about cyberia.

I made good with some of the volitility today..if i had been faster manually exiting I would have done awesome, as is I pulled down a nice 1/3 of the move anyway. I let cyberia open with confirmation.

Thing is I have watched cyberia's logic in the expert's window...it's going crazy saying the solution to sell now is like -.0026 and well it was -.0016 before that and I wondered if it would be good to enter a manual trade based on that...I didn't and gladly because it continue to move clear to -.0026 now it's -.003! That's like 14 pips it would have moved against me if I had entered manually at -.0016. But my question is why did cyberia wait? What else is influencing it's enterance besides the decision quality? And why when it closes a trade if it's criteria is still met doesn't it jump right back in? I guess I have to answer the first question to know the clues to look for the answer to the last question...

another general trading question...

does anyone know a script for entering manual trades that lets you preset your stop loss and take profit so all you have to do is run the script to enter a position rather than open the window and manually select the settings?

another thought I'm having is that I wonder if the trailing EA's could be remade to use this cyberia style trailing stop conditions based on the ATR. I kind of like that actually.

Aaragorn:
I have another question about cyberia.

I made good with some of the volitility today..if i had been faster manually exiting I would have done awesome, as is I pulled down a nice 1/3 of the move anyway. I let cyberia open with confirmation.

Thing is I have watched cyberia's logic in the expert's window...it's going crazy saying the solution to sell now is like -.0026 and well it was -.0016 before that and I wondered if it would be good to enter a manual trade based on that...I didn't and gladly because it continue to move clear to -.0026 now it's -.003! That's like 14 pips it would have moved against me if I had entered manually at -.0016. But my question is why did cyberia wait? What else is influencing it's enterance besides the decision quality? And why when it closes a trade if it's criteria is still met doesn't it jump right back in? I guess I have to answer the first question to know the clues to look for the answer to the last question...

another general trading question...

does anyone know a script for entering manual trades that lets you preset your stop loss and take profit so all you have to do is run the script to enter a position rather than open the window and manually select the settings?

another thought I'm having is that I wonder if the trailing EA's could be remade to use this cyberia style trailing stop conditions based on the ATR. I kind of like that actually.

Some great work here Aaragorn. My MT4 from IBFX has a trade script already. It would be easy to modify to suit your purpose. You probably already have it, otherwise take a look here.

Files:
trade.mq4  2 kb

tururo:
There was a news event that just happened (USD Interest Rate) and the CT was still trading in the last hour I have had 4 trades closed (3 win 1 loss) with one trade still open. There was another win trade earlier, so it looks like the last 24 hours have been positive.

Mine just BARELY opened up a can of whooooooop @$$!!! I hope it continues

Aaragorn:
wonder what it would be like with a good cyberia style trailing stop?

I don't know, If you want ill go ahead and post my settings that work for EUR/USD and USD/CHF. I have a S/L of 10 set, but something tells me that it doesn't work... but like i said if you want the setting let me know!!

Aaragorn:
Just curious on sashken's EA what is the best Chart, TF? I don't see it posted anywhere. Maybe it is but without an english/russian translation I'd never know.

As you can see in it's championchip desk, the timeframe he choose is Daily and the currency are GBPUSD. As he certainly want to win the 40 000 $ of the prize i suppose he think there are the best TF/currency.

do you guys know what broker has contest for EA trading? i mean demo

Reason: