Thanks to Newdigital and Mrtools for all your fine work here!
I am testing the EA now, but i noticed that you are using the default settings on M5 charts. The default settings have the trailing/breakeven settings to trigger at 50 pips.
Isnt that a lot for a M5 chart?
Yes, I am using VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general with default settings (this version is working with ECN/stp broker, and with any other broker with is not ECN/stp).
Take profit is 15 pips (4 digit pips) just because I am having the following:
DynamicTP = false; // Use ATR for pips of TakeProfit
Stop loss is dynamic one because I am using
DynamicSL = true; // Use ATR for pips of InitialStop
So, this 50 pips for trailing is not used as take profit is just 15 pips only.
It is profitable for some pairs (especially for EURJPY).
It may be good to trade with DynamicTP = true so in this case - take profit will be calculated by EA using ATR but in this case - the settings for this EA may be changed completely.
ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.
Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).
Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 21st of March:
AUDJPY: 23 dollars
Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):
AUDJPY: 0 dollars
The other pairs did not have any trades yet.
So, I am continuing trading/forward testing using M5 timeframe.
Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 21 of March) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:
All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip file attached.
My comments for this week:
3 pairs are profitable since 21st of March and 2 pairs (USDCHF and EURUSD) became profitable for now:
- EURJPY - this pair is our champion which is profitable from the beginning without any lossing.
- EURGBP - it is new pair to become a profitable: this pair recovered the losses.
- USDCHF and EURUSD - those pairs recovered after losses.
That's all news
- Explanation of ATR settings is on this post.
- ATR + 15 pips settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.
- ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post - there is no close on trend change on this EA coded a version with it.
- VQ_ Ea_v3 EA is on this post. It is improved version of VQ_ Ea_v3 ecn EA: added a trend confirmation, using 3 different time frames; also added a time frame control for VQ indicator; all these time frames can be adjusted by the user.
- Non-ATR 5 pips Take Profit settings + Non-ATR 5 pips Stop Loss settings: VQ_ Ea_v3 ecn EA is on this post - It is the version with regular stop loss and take profit set by default to 5.
- statements for M1 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 EA ecn with ATR + 15 pips settings is on this post.
- statements for M5 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA ecn with ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings - more to follow.
Some trades for this week.
and it is our champion - EURJPY:
AUDJPY: 39 dollars
AUDJPY: 16 dollars
It is the idea about how this EA is trading.
TP / SL
I am thinking to use it to use it on 1 currency pair too
the idea is set LO or OCO to buy and sell in certain pirce
say , TP is +50 pips, no SL
then after my nap, LO, TP (so I don't have to watch it)
if there is profit -- i.e. 50 USD, then I use it as SL for -50 and set another further price advancement (not sure buy or sell then, at that time, but still SL -50, may set TP as +30 or +70)
====== my question here is --------
if we can answer the essence of forex, i.e. how to handle loss or make it become almost breakeven
we can trade forex , very easily
who got a clue ??? and how to do it (say I have 3 lots for -100 overall loss (not much, 1 lot just average at -30 to -33)
I think this is a GOOD QUESTION
AUDJPY: 57 dollars
AUDJPY: 18 dollars
The 6th (AUDJPY) pair become profitable.
Our champion (EURJPY) lost about 150 dollars now.
But it is still most profitable pair for this system: more than 500 dollars in profit with very low floating drawdown with small lot size - since 21 of March - it is not bad anyway.
AUDJPY: 65 dollars
AUDJPY: 7 dollars
- EURJPY - this pair is our champion which is profitable from the beginning. It lost some dollars but this pair is still the best only.
- EURGBP - this pair recovered the losses.
- USDCHF and EURUSD - those pairs recovered after losses and after that - lose one more time
AUDJPY pair become profitable.