Volatility Quality Index - page 22

I had the following settings for VQ:

The mWay EA is sending alerts every few second for VQ Sell for the GPBUSD. Even when I say disable alerts, it just keeps sending.

et_phonehome_2:
I had the following settings for VQ:

The mWay EA is sending alerts every few second for VQ Sell for the GPBUSD. Even when I say disable alerts, it just keeps sending.

You need to set "Real Time" in the VQ indicator to "False" so it doesn't send a signal till the close of candle and that way it will only send one.

mmccormac:
You need to set "Real Time" in the VQ indicator to "False" so it doesn't send a signal till the close of candle and that way it will only send one.

Thanks.... One thing which I noticed is that when I am looking at the current hour candle, the prior two or so candle candle will change to the color as the current candle bar [the line in the VQ indicator], that is, either all red or green as its changing . Is this how its supposed to work?

vq

hi

i have been using this indicator, but i cannot seem to get the price boxes to show indicating the price when the arrow appeared. i have turned the signal price to true but it still does not work!

also i have tried it on sbfx and alpari mt4.

it never actualy shown the price boxes

please could you help!!

oneprint:
hi

i have been using this indicator, but i cannot seem to get the price boxes to show indicating the price when the arrow appeared. i have turned the signal price to true but it still does not work!

also i have tried it on sbfx and alpari mt4.

it never actualy shown the price boxes

please could you help!!

Alerts=true

SignalPrice=true

???

Raff

mmccormac:

It still send alerts every few seconds. I did notice if I set ALERTS FALSE, the arrows will disappear, but also the annoyinng alerts every few seconds will go away. I want to keep the arrows in the VQ window, any other ideas or have anyone ran into this issue?

Set Real Time To False

et_phonehome_2:
It still send alerts every few seconds. I did notice if I set ALERTS FALSE, the arrows will disappear, but also the annoyinng alerts every few seconds will go away. I want to keep the arrows in the VQ window, any other ideas or have anyone ran into this issue?

Just set real time to "false" if you are using the alerts via email or something... when price is bouncing around a turning point it will alert everytime it crosses back and forth unless you set real time to false... If you do that you will get only 1 signal and that will happen at the close of the candle.

What is the latest version of this indicator, there seems to be many in different threads?

See post #1

increase:
What is the latest version of this indicator, there seems to be many in different threads?

Raff updates the indicator in post #1. Go there and you will find the most up to date file. Good Luck.

Quantem:
Hi,

My VQ indicator suddenly stopped working and has forced me to download the latest from here. The problem is there are now differences in the new one that change my backtest results and will therefor effect my forward results. Can I please please please have a working version of the last version that is not forcing me to download your latest version. The source code would be great as well but they may be asking too much.

Please send ASAP as I trade with the old version and would like to continue. Thanks.

Please send me an email with VQ.ex4

just_raff1410@yahoo[dot]com

Raff

Reason: