Volatility Quality Index - page 50

ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

===================

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 21st of March:

AUDJPY: 39 dollars

AUDNZD: 67

AUDUSD: -245

CHFJPY: -237

EURAUD: -416

EURCHF: -56

EURGBP: 94

EURJPY: 676

EURUSD: 57

GBPUSD: -461

USDCAD: -134

USDCHF: 111

USDJPY: -124

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

AUDJPY: 16 dollars

AUDNZD: 12

AUDUSD: 8

CHFJPY: 3

EURAUD: 35

EURCHF: 62

EURGBP: 10

EURJPY: 12

EURUSD: 24

GBPUSD: 9

USDCAD: 1

USDCHF: 9

USDJPY: 1.

The other pairs did not have any trades yet.

=====================

So, I am continuing trading/forward testing using M5 timeframe.

Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 21 of March) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:

EURJPY:

EURGBP:

AUDNZD:

USDCHF:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip file attached.

----------

My comments for this week:

3 pairs are profitable since 21st of March and 2 pairs (USDCHF and EURUSD) became profitable for now:

- EURJPY - this pair is our champion which is profitable from the beginning without any lossing.

- AUDNZD.

- EURGBP - it is new pair to become a profitable: this pair recovered the losses.

- USDCHF and EURUSD - those pairs recovered after losses.

That's all news

===================

- Explanation of ATR settings is on this post.

- ATR + 15 pips settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

- ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post - there is no close on trend change on this EA coded a version with it.

- VQ_ Ea_v3 EA is on this post. It is improved version of VQ_ Ea_v3 ecn EA: added a trend confirmation, using 3 different time frames; also added a time frame control for VQ indicator; all these time frames can be adjusted by the user.

- Non-ATR 5 pips Take Profit settings + Non-ATR 5 pips Stop Loss settings: VQ_ Ea_v3 ecn EA is on this post - It is the version with regular stop loss and take profit set by default to 5.

- statements for M1 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 EA ecn with ATR + 15 pips settings is on this post.

- statements for M5 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA ecn with ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings - more to follow.

ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

It is the idea about how this EA is trading.

EURJPY:

EURGBP:

USDCHF:

===================

- ATR + 15 pips settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

- ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post - there is no close on trend change on this EA coded a version with it.

- VQ_ Ea_v3 EA is on this post. It is improved version of VQ_ Ea_v3 ecn EA: added a trend confirmation, using 3 different time frames; also added a time frame control for VQ indicator; all these time frames can be adjusted by the user.

- Non-ATR 5 pips Take Profit settings + Non-ATR 5 pips Stop Loss settings: VQ_ Ea_v3 ecn EA is on this post - It is the version with regular stop loss and take profit set by default to 5.

- statements for M1 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 EA ecn with ATR + 15 pips settings is on this post.

- statements for M5 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA ecn with ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings - more to follow.

TP / SL

I am thinking to use it to use it on 1 currency pair too

the idea is set LO or OCO to buy and sell in certain pirce

say , TP is +50 pips, no SL

------

then after my nap, LO, TP (so I don't have to watch it)

if there is profit -- i.e. 50 USD, then I use it as SL for -50 and set another further price advancement (not sure buy or sell then, at that time, but still SL -50, may set TP as +30 or +70)

====== my question here is --------

HOW TO HANDLE LOSS ?

? in forex , i.e. 1 lots or few lots still OPEN, if we have not exit yet --

HOW TO HANDLE LOSS ?

?

if we can answer the essence of forex, i.e. how to handle loss or make it become almost breakeven

we can trade forex , very easily

who got a clue ??? and how to do it (say I have 3 lots for -100 overall loss (not much, 1 lot just average at -30 to -33)

I think this is a GOOD QUESTION

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

===================

AUDJPY: 57 dollars

AUDNZD: 128

AUDUSD: -187

CHFJPY: -421

EURAUD: -399

EURCHF: -153

EURJPY: 696

EURUSD: 88

GBPUSD: -443

USDCAD: -132

USDCHF: 120

USDJPY: -114

====================

AUDJPY: 18 dollars

AUDNZD: 60

AUDUSD: 57

CHFJPY: -184

EURAUD: 10

EURCHF: -97

EURGBP: 0

EURJPY: 20

EURUSD: 30

GBPUSD: 18

USDCAD: 1

USDCHF: 8

USDJPY: 9.

=====================

Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 21 of March) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:

EURJPY:

EURGBP:

AUDNZD:

USDCHF:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip file attached.

----------

3 pairs are profitable since 21st of March and 2 pairs (USDCHF and EURUSD) became profitable for now:

- EURJPY - this pair is our champion which is profitable from the beginning without any lossing.

- AUDNZD.

- EURGBP - it is new pair to become a profitable: this pair recovered the losses.

The 6th (AUDJPY) pair become profitable.

That's all news

===================

newdigital:

===================

AUDJPY: 57 dollars

AUDNZD: 128

AUDUSD: -187

CHFJPY: -421

EURAUD: -399

EURCHF: -153

EURJPY: 696

EURUSD: 88

GBPUSD: -443

USDCAD: -132

USDCHF: 120

----------

- AUDNZD.

The 6th (AUDJPY) pair become profitable.

That's all news

Our champion (EURJPY) lost about 150 dollars now.

But it is still most profitable pair for this system: more than 500 dollars in profit with very low floating drawdown with small lot size - since 21 of March - it is not bad anyway.

Files:

===================

AUDJPY: 65 dollars

AUDNZD: 130

AUDUSD: -181

CHFJPY: -406

EURAUD: -387

EURCHF: -77

EURGBP: 119

EURJPY: 600

EURUSD: -48

GBPUSD: -441

USDCAD: -119

USDCHF: -22

====================

AUDJPY: 7 dollars

AUDNZD: 2

AUDUSD: 6

CHFJPY: 15

EURAUD: 11

EURCHF: 76

EURGBP: 25

EURJPY: -96

EURUSD: -137

GBPUSD: 1

USDCAD: 13

USDCHF: -142

USDJPY: 0.

=====================

EURJPY:

EURGBP:

AUDNZD:

----------

- EURJPY - this pair is our champion which is profitable from the beginning. It lost some dollars but this pair is still the best only.

- AUDNZD.

- EURGBP - this pair recovered the losses.

- USDCHF and EURUSD - those pairs recovered after losses and after that - lose one more time

AUDJPY pair become profitable.

That's all news

===================

There are 2 images/2 charts with the trades opened today morning.

It will give some ideas about how this EA works:

Files:
usdcad_2607.jpg  145 kb
eurusd_2607.jpg  144 kb

balista4:
Thanks for all the hard work NewDigital....I was more looking into static stop loss and take profit. With dynamic stop loss, sometimes the loss are too much as seen in the chart.

My strategy was very simple, TakeProfit =5 Stop Loss=5 in 1 M chart, it was working well, thats why wanted to go with EA.

However, if dynamic stop loss works. great...i have tried with keeping dynamic pips=false as suggested by Mrtools earlier...however, it was still adjusting the stop loss dynamically.

I'm hiring a coder to implement my ideas...once its done..i will post the EA here..right now its all manual trading for me

Hi Balista,

This version without atr stop or atr takeprofit, now very simply using regular stop loss and take profit both by default, set to 5!

Files:

trend confirmation

Added a trend confirmation, using 3 different time frames by default it is using open prices from D1,H1, and M15 time frames if open current is greater than open previous, then buy and opposite for sell, also added a time frame control for VQ indicator have it set by default to M5 time frame, all these time frames can be adjusted by the user.

May have to adjust VQ-nrp settings to maybe a little more or little less, liberal setting to offset the changes, don't know for sure, for testing changed the price smoothing to 5 and its set that way by default, from previous default setting of 35.

ps) Ea was reading trend correctly, fixed that bug, now version 3a is fixed version!

Files:
vq__ea_v3a.mq4  21 kb

Last statement for ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings

Previous post was my last statement for ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings for this VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA.

Why?

It is very reasonable: 1 or 2 pairs are profitable only. And it is because take profit level (15 pips) is very small one compare with big stop loss.

It is good settings but for 1 or 2 pairs only.

--------------

ATR Stop Loss + ATR Stop Take Profit settings started to trade yesterday.

I started trading yesterday (03rd of August) the next settings:

ATR Stop Loss + ATR Stop Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a_1 EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

More information - see links in the end of this post.

I will upload the statements and the results in usual way but for next settings: ATR Stop Loss + ATR Stop Take Profit.

I hope - this next settings will be more good because take profit and stop loss are calculated automatically based on ATR:

- use ATR for Pips between orders in progress

- use ATR for pips of TakeProfit

and

- use ATR for pips of InitialStop

Let market will decide about stop loss and take profit level

That's all news.

===================

- ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post - there is no close on trend change on this EA coded a version with it. Last statement for this settings is on this post.

- ATR Stop Loss + ATR Stop Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a_1 EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

Reason: