Coding help - page 30

The problem with adding alert to repainting indicators is simple :

Imagine that it gives a signal on bar 5 (we can not count on a classical closed bar alerting since past bars are going to change, hence I use 5 in the example - we have to monitor all the repainting bars for changes). Then on a next tick it changes the "signaling place" to bar 10. Then on next tick it changes the signaling place to bar 1. And so on ...

I know that it will not happen so "drastically" in reality, but I gave this only as an example : it is almost impossible to "decide" when one should alert or is there actually a new alert on a repainting indicators (that is why I always blab that they maybe good for discretional decision taking but that they should not be used in signaling mode since it is very, very dangerous to use it in signaling mode)

MQL:
Mladen,

would you still be able to maek an alert on the color change, as for me the repainting is not a problem, i us this as an early warning signal, and an arrow and sound alert would be fantastic.

Hope you can help.

MQL

Help On J6Boolinger Bands Indicator

Hi all,

nowadays I developed my EA , everthings looks fine

But something is wrong with "J6Bollinger Bands indicator"that is a key stone for my EA,

It works on Chart well,

when EA call it , MT4 can't load it , and giving error as "JJMASeries number = 0. Error!!! Parameter nJMA.limit of the JJMASeries() function is smaller than should be"

Can anybody help me to solve my problem with J6Bolinger Bands indicator.

thanks in advance

Files:

From your description of the problem it is obvious that the problem is not in the indicator but in your call to it from the EA. You should post the iCustom() call you are using to the indicator so that it can be tested for error (since there can be a couple of reasons for that error)

kemal44:
Hi all,

But something is wrong with "J6Bollinger Bands indicator"that is a key stone for my EA,

It works on Chart well,

when EA call it , MT4 can't load it , and giving error as "JJMASeries number = 0. Error!!! Parameter nJMA.limit of the JJMASeries() function is smaller than should be"

thanks in advance

mladen:
The problem with adding alert to repainting indicators is simple :

Imagine that it gives a signal on bar 5 (we can not count on a classical closed bar alerting since past bars are going to change, hence I use 5 in the example - we have to monitor all the repainting bars for changes). Then on a next tick it changes the "signaling place" to bar 10. Then on next tick it changes the signaling place to bar 1. And so on ...

I know that it will not happen so "drastically" in reality, but I gave this only as an example : it is almost impossible to "decide" when one should alert or is there actually a new alert on a repainting indicators (that is why I always blab that they maybe good for discretional decision taking but that they should not be used in signaling mode since it is very, very dangerous to use it in signaling mode)

Thank you Mladen for prompt reply ,EA call it as 2 different format stated as below, but I am not successful on that issue

EA call it as

" iCustom (NULL,0,"J6BB",Bands_Period,Bands_Deviations,MA_method,MA_Smooth,Bands_Smooth,Smooth_Phase,Bands_Shift,Input_Price_Customs,5,1)

OR OTHER FORMAT

EA call it as icustom(Null,0,"J6BB",0,5,1);

:):)

Welcome to the club (bug finder club)

Tested it with build 419 and it does the same "things" you described in the begging of the test. Tested it with build 409 and it does the same things in the beginning of the test. Here is what I got in visual back test with build 409

And this is what I get as a result of the same EA with same indicator on build 419 in the same visual back test

Most of the time in build 419 it returned meaningless values. Eventually it stabilized but even then I am not sure that the results were what they should be since before "stabilization" it was doing something like this :

This is the tested version I used on both platforms to see if it will work

To be truthful I am not where the error comes from, but from all that I can see, the error is within jma bollinger bands (it obviously needs data to "stabilize") It wouldn't be the first time that the usage of that version of jma shows some bugs

kemal44:
Thank you Mladen for prompt reply ,EA call it as 2 different format stated as below, but I am not successful on that issue

EA call it as

" iCustom (NULL,0,"J6BB",Bands_Period,Bands_Deviations,MA_method,MA_Smooth,Bands_Smooth,Smooth_Phase,Bands_Shift,Input_Price_Customs,5,1)

OR OTHER FORMAT

EA call it as icustom(Null,0,"J6BB",0,5,1);
Files:
calltest.mq4  2 kb
419.gif  18 kb
419_2.gif  35 kb
409.gif  46 kb

mladen:
:):):)

Welcome to the club (bug finder club)

Tested it with build 419 and it does the same "things" you described in the begging of the test. Tested it with build 409 and it does the same things in the beginning of the test. Here is what I got in visual back test with build 409

And this is what I get as a result of the same EA with same indicator on build 419 in the same visual back test

Most of the time in build 419 it returned meaningless values. Eventually it stabilized but even then I am not sure that the results were what they should be since before "stabilization" it was doing something like this :

This is the tested version I used on both platforms to see if it will work

To be truthful I am not where the error comes from, but from all that I can see, the error is within jma bollinger bands (it obviously needs data to "stabilize") It wouldn't be the first time that the usage of that version of jma shows some bugs

Thank you again , for helping us, As far as I see that , My Ea will not work properly I am just trader and new in forex market.

Is there any Jma series mqh file without bug ? please lead me to find it

kemal44:
Thank you again , for helping us, As far as I see that , My Ea will not work properly I am just trader and new in forex market. Is there any Jma series mqh file without bug ? please lead me to find it

Hi Kemal,

Maybe try this version, seems to be working for me. The JJMASeries.mqh and PriceSeries.mqh include files and Heiken Ashi# indicator are in the rar file.

Files:

Kemal

Those errors happen when you test futher in the past (start of my testing period was 01.05.2010). I you test some more recent period, it will not look like that (try testing just 2012 and you will see what I mean) Not sure what is causing it. Try the version mrtools posted too maybe some of the versions is correcting that bug ... who knows

kemal44:
Thank you again , for helping us, As far as I see that , My Ea will not work properly I am just trader and new in forex market. Is there any Jma series mqh file without bug ? please lead me to find it

kemal44:
Hi all,

It works on Chart well,

thanks in advance

Thank you , I really appriciate that,

Jseries dosnt allow us to see in past performance of our EA , I will use T3MA ind with BB normal instead of j series

the Other obstacle for me that We are not coder ,cant convert our MS formula into MT4 plartform,

the attached show my trading strategy and dinamic pivot ind developed by me , Pivot value is different current value but they works together on same cahrt ,

Pivot show the top and bottom line to trade in different time frame including volume and price , for example last night it show the support line is 1.2688 , it was broken last night , but price always jump up after support line broken , later it calculate next support value .

is there any possibilities to make same chart on MT4 plartform?

thanks n advance

Files:
eurusd.png  36 kb

Last Question For My EA

Dear Mladen ,

you are man, that helping and sharing your experience with us. I am using your EA template and wrote my strategy into your EA template , backtest show my strategy is fine , demo account cofirmed this strategy but , when it comes to money management , I have a question ,

today for instance , my systems sell usdchf , after 15-20 pip later , trend run againsit my strategy , so trailing stop-loss didnt protect my profit ,when similar case crop up, how can EA manage protect zero-loss ?

if you dont mind , please share your slotion with us,

thanks

Reason: