How to on Linux ? - page 6

I have no icons, however. So it is operational...

I have icons but they are framed. Been running 3 MT4s at once (one live and two demos) for almost a couple weeks straight and no problems so far. You might have issues with EAs that reference dlls or reference windows functions like the clock EA.

Hi!

If you have a J instead of smile when you run ea then probably wingdings font isn't installed properly on your machine. Do a test and try to put arrow object on your chart and you will see

I'm using metatrader under linux too and I don't have any problems with it.

Kalenzo:
Hi!

If you have a J instead of smile when you run ea then probably wingdings font isn't installed properly on your machine. Do a test and try to put arrow object on your chart and you will see

I'm using metatrader under linux too and I don't have any problems with it.

Thanks for hint mate !

Salaam Aleykum !

I have using Metatrader under Linux since 8 months, without any problems. No hacks, just pure wine and few windows .dll. I dont even have windows partition in my computer anymore.

EVERYTHING is working except:

- you cant make "Detailed raport" of account, but normal is working

- you cant read the news from mailbox

- when Expert is running you dont have sign but only "J"

Everything else is working without problem, even MetaQuotes, compiling experts, running experts, scripts, sound, updates etc.

I have run it under Ubuntu. Here i have make complete working backup of my Metatrader:

http://files.myopera.com/pawelsz/files/mt4.tar.gz [5.7mb]

just extract:

tar -xzvf mt4.tar.gz[/code]

and run it

cd mt4 wine terminal.exe

Install "msttcorefonts" package into your system. And then do:

[code]cp /usr/share/fonts/wine/* ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts/

It will show minimize, maximize and close icons. Do it only if you want. MT is usable without this.

ps. If you dont have texts in menus, then simple switch your Xwindow/Xorg to 24bit colors. Its common issue.

ps2. If you want update (i dont) then rename "LiveUpdate.exe_" to "LiveUpdate.exe" and run Metatrader.

It is working:

codeweavers has linux advocate for MT4 now

I volunteered to try to help out at codeweavers with MT4 app.

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2157

I have been running one live account that trades at least 5 times a day, and 3 demos (very active demos) for last month without a single glitch. More than I could prolly say for windoze

If I missed something over there please let me know, thanks.

Linux & Metatrader

Metatrader 4 compatible with Linux

Is this posible?

Feisty Fawn Ubuntu with WINE problem connecting

edit! I finally figiured it out. you can use native files on your xp once you have the terminal set up in linux. i went back and pasted all the original metatrader xp files into linux and it works! this is so exhilarating! bye bye windows!!!

meza

Run MetaTrader 4 on a Dedicated Linux Server

I want to be able to run EA's on Metatrader when my computer is not on, and as I have a rented dedicated Linux server, I want to set it up on there.

This is a managed dedicated server with Liquidweb.com, so they should be able to help me to an extent, but I need to know what to ask them to get this done.

My server:

P4 3Ghz Dual Core

2GB memory PC3200

Dual 160 GB 7200 rpm SATA hard drives

50GB remote backup

CentOS 4

cPanel

WHM

Fantastico/XController

I host my own websites on the server but there's oodles of free space available, and I can upgrade at will.

My Aim:

I want to be able to run live accounts and multiple forward testing demo accounts. My thoughts are that the demo's can run on separate accounts, all I do is put each instance of MetaTrader on a different domain. I have room to run hundreds of domains as MetaTrader does not use much in way of resources I believe.

How You Can Help:

If someone who has MetaTrader 4 running on a Dedicated Linux Server you can add to this thread and help me (and maybe others) out, because I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to get MetaTrader working on a Linux server.

Perhaps you were wrong about the general interest?

I've run a dedicated linux (debian) server for a year, with only ssh as entry point. It's a 2GHz AMD 6.10 processor with 1Gb RAM. Then I run XP in vmplayer (can run a few of them), and display to an Xvnc for remote access (through ssh tunneling). I made sure the XP is pristine and afaik all nonsense turned off, and it seems to go several weeks without reboot. The linux host has been up all the time of course.

Some people seem to have had success running MT4 under wine, and that would probably be a better approach (esp then it's all free software). But it didn't seem reliable when I started, so I took the vmplayer route instead.

Reason: