Activations - Demo and Live accounts - same computer different MT4s

Hello,

I would like to know how do "EA activations" work.

1) If I have an MT4 (demo) running on a VPS and I activate an EA on that demo account, and then I want to run the same EA on the same VPS but on another MT4 (live), do I need to use a second activation?

2) Once I have activated an EA on a computer, can I deactivate the EA?  For example, if the computer does not work anymore and thus I know I will never use it from that computer again?

Thanks

No one here knows how activations work?

Which activation? Market product?

How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

So, its one activation per PC, not per account or MT platform.

Thats nice to know Sergey!

Sergey Golubev:
Which activation? Market product?

Hi Sergey,

Yes, it's regarding the activation of an EA I have bought.

So if I activate it on an MT4 demo account on, let's say IC Markets, and then I want to trade on a real MT4 account on FxPro, on the same computer...I will only use up 1 activation...is this correct?

Thanks so much Sergey!

ework:

Hi Sergey,

So if I activate it on an MT4 demo account on, let's say IC Markets, and then I want to trade on a real MT4 account on FxPro, on the same computer...I will only use up 1 activation...is this correct?

Thanks so much Sergey!

Seems - yes: per PC and per OS on PC (I bought the product once only and I used it on one PC with one MT4 on one account so I can not practically confirm it).

Productivity - USA - MetaTrader 5
Productivity - USA - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
The productivity index measures the output produced for each hour of labor worked. This indicator is useful for predicting inflation and output growth. If the cost of labor increases respective to the increase of productivity, and, moreover, if the increase in production costs is unlikely, then it will not cause inflation. It has a significant...

Sergey Golubev:

Seems - yes: per PC and per OS on PC (I bought the product once only and I used it on one PC with one MT4 on one account so I can not practically confirm it).

OK thanks Sergey.

Is there a page where all these "activation rules" are stated on this site? 

I am sure thousands of people would have the same question (!)

ework:

OK thanks Sergey.

Is there a page where all these "activation rules" are stated on this site? 

I am sure thousands of people would have the same question (!)

Why, don't you contact the author/seller?

He/she should know.

ework:

Hi Sergey,

Thanks so much Sergey!

From the Market rules - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Best way to monitor EA execution remotely

Sergey Golubev, 2016.09.29 12:36

If it is about the Market so the buyer can use EA according to the number of the activations which are linked to the PC and OS:

Rules of Using the Market Service -

12. The fact of creation of a secure version of the Product for the Buyer's equipment configuration is called Activation.
13. The number of free Product Activations available to the Buyer on another PC after purchasing the Product is defined by the Seller. The minimum number of such Activations is 4.
14. The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.

So, 1 activation = unlimited using on 1 PC (one particular computer - hardware) with one OS (Operating System, for example - with Windows 8.1).

For example, if I buy your EA via the market with 1 activation so I can use it on one my PC only with my OS (Windows XP for example) only. And I can not use EA on the other computer, and I can not use EA  with same computer with different OS. So, this is the protection: even if someone can get your EA remotedly (from you or from the buyer) so he/she can not use it: he/she have to buy this EA with the activation fro the market (from you for example).

---------------

Eleni Anna Branou:

Why, don't you contact the author/seller?

He/she should know.

This is not something the seller decides, these are the rules from MQL5....and it seems, this not something most people know how it works.....pretty surprising :0
Reason: