Working with graphics : wingdings on labels possible? - page 2

Tusher Ahmed: For example : Using Arial & \x2191  doesn't result in the up-arrow. Its fails with a ? mark.

Then maybe the fonts on Linux WINE are not that compatible at all.

I don't use WINE, but maybe you can copy the fonts form a Windows OS and install them on WINE?

If that is possible, then maybe even Wingdings would work properly!

PS! Just as a test, try use Wingdings font for your text label graphics object and see if it looks any good!

Fernando Carreiro:

I don't use WINE, but maybe you can copy the fonts form a Windows OS and install them on WINE?

I'm  testing on Windows, fyi.

Tusher Ahmed: I'm  testing on Windows, fyi.
Then there must be something wrong! Which Windows OS are you using?

Fernando Carreiro:
Then there must be something wrong! Which Windows OS are you using?

Suppose this was the use-case: Where I  clearly defined the font to be used.

ObjectSetText( "objname","\x2192",30,"Arial",clrLime); 

Testing on Win-7 premium.

Fernando Carreiro:

PS! Just as a test, try use Wingdings font for your text label graphics object and see if it looks any good!

How to put wingdings in text? Any examples?

Tusher Ahmed:

Suppose this was the use-case: Where I  clearly defined the font to be used.

Testing on Win-7 premium.

Actually you are right! I just tried on my Windows 10 and it does just output "?".

It seems that you will have to use the Wingdings font for the text label graphics object instead. I tried that and it works with Wingdings!

Tusher Ahmed: How to put wingdings in text? Any examples?
ObjectSetText( "objname", "\xE7\xE8\xE9\xEA", 30, "Wingdings", clrLime );

kypa:
I found out switch operator exists a few days ago. Still overexcited of the discovery, didn't even think whether it would work on strings. Thank you for knowledge.

You've probably realized this by now, but enums are integers. That's what I use most with switch().

But yeah . . . no strings.

sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer
Print("→ ↑ ← ↓");

Tusher Ahmed:

For example : Using Arial & \x2191  doesn't result in the up-arrow. Its fails with a ? mark.

\x2192 doesn't work either.

Suppose this was the use-case: Where I  clearly defined the font to be used

It's an MT4 (bug or limitation ?). It works with MT5.

By the way \x2794 is working too, whatever the font. Which I can't explain as I also thought as Fernando this code is not available for Arial font (or some other fonts), if someone can explain it that would be nice.

Unicode font - Wikipedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
A Unicode font is a computer font that maps glyphs to Unicode characters (i.e. the glyphs in the font can be accessed using code points defined in the Unicode Standard). The vast majority of modern computer fonts use Unicode mappings, even those fonts which only include glyphs for a single writing system, or even only support the basic Latin...
Reason: