How to on Linux ? - page 10

itangsanjana:
Yup, agree with you jafar00. Perhaps if MetaTrader become an open source (free as in freedom not free as in beer) this minor thing could be fixed.

CMIIW

PS. don't be mad about free as in beer. There is nothing wrong with it.

Way to go. Trading with compiz?

Blazer1965:
Thank you both of you.

Can you give me some basic steps how I can do this from cpanel ?

What i must install in the cpanel and what i must ask from my host company to install in order to have the enviroment to install the mt4?

Thank you\

B

You won't be able to do it via cpanel. If your hosting is on a linux box, you might be able to get ssh access which is the only way you will be able to do it since you need the command line to set up the system to run MT4 without problems.

2.6.27 is out. eMail from my cousin : LKML: Linus Torvalds: Linux 2.6.27

MT4 and Linux

I have been running MT4 on Linux for several months but can't get strategy tester to run - it always returns a "no history" error even though history data is present and the EA I am using is known to be functional.

If you are a Linux/MT4 user and have solved this problem PLEASE reply and share your knowledge.

TIA,

Lou G

The problem arises when I try to use dates in the strategy tester - it runs fine if I uncheck "use dates" but I really don't want to run against the entire history file - too hard to check out results.

Has any Linux user solved the date problem?

Please reply if you know how to get around this...

TIA

Just figure this out, Every bugs appears to be iron out with the latest wine version 1.1.26, i can change ea and indicators setting at ease, History center work, only Strategy tester have bug when using dates but i can do backtest on window box.. It's pretty well working now!

GreatYves:
Just figure this out, Every bugs appears to be iron out with the latest wine version 1.1.26, i can change ea and indicators setting at ease, History center work, only Strategy tester have bug when using dates but i can do backtest on window box.. It's pretty well working now!

Great news.

Hi,

I hope anybody reads this old thread...

I have installed a Dedicated Server with Ubuntu and Wine with my MT4.

I have 512 MB RAM and only one MetaTrader open, but it uses nearly the complete RAM (CPU 7%, RAM 80%)!

Before I bought this server, I read in a few forums that 512MB should be enough, but now I can't open another chart or start my ea, without the metatrader restarts.

Are there any settings to reduce the RAM usage from the Metatrader??

Reason: