OneDailyTrade EA - page 12

UberTrader:
What about using the RSI set to 21 at the 15min timeframe. If it's above 50 green light for a buy if not waits until it is and visa versa for a sell.

Could you look at the trades from the previous week and see if that would work better? In other words, go back the previous week and all trades (both good trades and bad trades) see if it would have filtered out the bad trades. It is a good idea but what if it filters out good trades too.

Thanks.

I looked at all the bad trades first. Most of them did go into profit if a trailing stop had been in place insuring profit the EA would have been fine. I checked an RSI filter for 5,15,30 minute time frames with many different settings. Even with a filter in place the whipsaws would still have killed the some of the trades. I don't think a filter will help. I think tweeking the time trades take place and a trailing stop that breaks even and takes profit would be most beneficial.Something that works like this

Files:

EA Made small profit this week

I ran the EA on the four majors this week with results of

USDJPY +4

GBPUSD +33

USDCHF +49

EURUSD -20

Grand total of 66 pips. Not a spectacular profit, but a profit none the less. I'd be quite happy if this is as bad as it gets. I'm using realtrader with presets set to GMT+2, with slightly different settings for USDCHF.

Attached is the statement and presets.

I agree. If this is a bad week for this EA I'd be quite happy with it. It still needs futher testing however. After at least 3 months of forward testing, then we can see what this EA is capable of.

reemul99:
well, overall, not a good week for this EA:

started 5000.00 balance

current 4926.04 balance

outstanding positions 3 -$14.77

I will keep it running (not close the positions) and give an update on Tuesday morning.

Update - the EA has retaken some lost pips:

current balance : 5015.00

with 5 open positions -$110.00 currently... lets hope that turns positive

New settings are doing better than the old settings so far. Unfortunately, I did not start them in time to get the full week (busy). I missed about 3-4 trades but the other ones are doing great (no losses yet).

Holyguy7

By the new settings, do you mean the presets?

Thanks...

Well,

This has been another bad week (so far) for the EA.

Current balalnce: $4891

current open positions: -$70.00

I don't know if its my settings or the EA that stinks, but this is bad...

reemul99:
Well,

This has been another bad week (so far) for the EA.

Current balalnce: $4891

current open positions: -$70.00

I don't know if its my settings or the EA that stinks, but this is bad...

This week has been very flat so far. Almost no price movements at all. Could be why the EA is not doing so hot. Well, let's keep it going. I have a couple improvements that might help on the way. I am testing them now.

more bad news:

Current balalnce: $4823.00

current open positions: -$53.00

Reason: