How to on Linux ? - page 8

You can also download the cab file for MFC40 and MFC42 and use cabextract to pull out the exe for installation

Missing font with linux

Hello all.

I have managed to get MT4 running on linux but seem to be missing a font.

In the image below I have add to the chart things like arrow up/down, thumbs up/down and stop sign check sign. I have labeled each image so that you can till what it should be.

Could someone please tell me or suggest what tff font could be missing.

Thanks in advane

Basza

Files:
snapshot1.jpg  129 kb

Do you have "WingDings" font installed?

gpw797:
Do you have "WingDings" font installed?

Hi gpw,

Sorry for the late reply, but have been having a few issues with this system.

I have installed all the fonts but can not find the WingDings. Could you please tell me where I can get this font from.

Thanks in advance

Basza

WingDings is a standard windows font... try googling it.

is this also applies if we have linux vps or dedicated server hosted remotely? How can we run this program when we can only access the server via ssh/telnet?

off topic for a while... i've used ubuntu 7.04 n winehq n runs mirc32.exe it seems ok n fine for me... and then i try to insall mirc script.. the script works well but the script associates with dll files or exe cannot be execute...

i think i should run mt4 demo on fxdd... n run a indi... running an ea?? sorry i dont know how to set n operate an ea in mt4

Hi, I've run mt4 on other distros linux Ubuntu but I get this error on Arclinux with wine version 0.9.53

%wine terminal.exe

fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on MPU-401 UART, disabling mixer

fixme:debugstr:CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent (0xffffffff)->(0xbaaddc): Stub!

err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 56 bytes in thread 0009 eip 7ef986c9 esp 00230fc8 stack 0x231000-0x340000

any ideas why? I've been able to run other w32 apps and tried metaqutoes, alpari mt4 installs but all get this error...

jackjones:
Hi, I've run mt4 on other distros linux Ubuntu but I get this error on Arclinux with wine version 0.9.53

%wine terminal.exe

fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on MPU-401 UART, disabling mixer

fixme:debugstr:CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent (0xffffffff)->(0xbaaddc): Stub!

err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 56 bytes in thread 0009 eip 7ef986c9 esp 00230fc8 stack 0x231000-0x340000

any ideas why? I've been able to run other w32 apps and tried metaqutoes, alpari mt4 installs but all get this error...

ALSA refers to sound system. Do you have ALSA configured?

Check wine config and see if you can run applications that requires sound.

anyone successfully run MT4 on opensuse 10.3 ?

ver 11.0 is coming-up

Reason: