Volatility Quality Index - page 41

Because I attached EA with same magic number to many pairs. So, this MaxTrader will be identified per magic number, or per pair anyway?

if per magic number so I am using many pairs with same magic ... max trades should be more than 20 ...

if per pair so I can keep it as 7.

Yes, I understand: lot multiplier works with Maxtrades less than 12.

I have 25 because ... if I set 12 or 10 or 7 so it will not be profitable (by backtesting) on M1 timeframe, but for maxTrades = 25 - we will have very big lot size (I saw lot size > 4).

May be - I need to change PriceSmoothing back to default 35 and use it with H1 timeframe instead of M1?

I want to ask about how EA works.

Is it working on the color changes?

I attached indicator with same settings as for EA:

indicator:

and EA's setting for VQ:

So, I have this:

and no any orders opened ... may be - there are some additional condition?

because I did not monitor the trades and colors and so on ...

Seems - I found some combination of the settings:

StoreTP = 15

and

MaxTrades = 7.

I hope that it will work in this case for M1 timeframe.

We will not be rich in one day but at least - we will have very small drawdown.

and PriceSmoothing = 35 is better than 21.

newdigital:
Yes, I understand: lot multiplier works with Maxtrades less than 12.

I have 25 because ... if I set 12 or 10 or 7 so it will not be profitable (by backtesting) on M1 timeframe, but for maxTrades = 25 - we will have very big lot size (I saw lot size > 4).

May be - I need to change PriceSmoothing back to default 35 and use it with H1 timeframe instead of M1?

I want to ask about how EA works.

Is it working on the color changes?

I attached indicator with same settings as for EA:

indicator:

and EA's setting for VQ:

So, I have this:

and no any orders opened ... may be - there are some additional condition?

because I did not monitor the trades and colors and so on ...
newdigital:
Because I attached EA with same magic number to many pairs. So, this MaxTrader will be identified per magic number, or per pair anyway?

if per magic number so I am using many pairs with same magic ... max trades should be more than 20 ...

if per pair so I can keep it as 7.

Have found the higher the smoothing the better the Ea tested, and it will very easily take wrong trade because its looking for color change, also there is external parameter called shift by default it is set to 1 it means Ea is making decisions on closed bar, if you set it to 0 will mean open bar , and 2 will mean 2nd closed bar, etc.

The MaxTrades are for each pair, it should not count trades from other pairs, but 7 is a lot if your using a lot of pairs, say 10 pairs for example that would be 70 max trades , if they all maxed out.Yes the Ea should be only taking trades per the color change and that is the only condition coded in there.

It is good that MaxTrader is per pair irrespective of the same magic number.

In this case - we can just attach EA to the charts with many pairs with default unchanged settings.

Yes, I agree with max trades to be limited.

So, I will start this settings/EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general on M1 for

eurusd

gbpusd

usdjpy

usdchf

audusd

eurjpy

usdcad

eurgbp

eurchf

euraud

cadjpy

audjpy

audnzd

chfjpy

It is the settings with

MaxTrades = 7

Lots = 0.01

StoreTP = 15

LotMultiplier = 1.75 (by initiallty default)

PriceSmoothing = 35 (by initially default).

I am not sure about StoreTP = 15 because any stop loss may kill whole the profit for 1 month ... but I have no any idea up to now (if we are talking about M1 timeframe for example).

I am not sure about StoreTP = 15 because any stop loss may kill whole the profit for 1 month ... but I have no any idea up to now (if we are talking about M1 timeframe for example).

Why take profit = 15 because according to my experience with trading by martingale EAs: it is necessary to be on the market as less time as possible. because if EA is continuing such as martingale cycle so we are having more bigger lot size. I mean: we should have as short martingale cycle as possible.

But it may be done by decreasing take profit to 15.

may be - not very good decision but we will see.

I will forward test it started from tomorrow and will post the statements by pairs.

newdigital:
Why take profit = 15 because according to my experience with trading by martingale EAs: it is necessary to be on the market as less time as possible. because if EA is continuing such as martingale cycle so we are having more bigger lot size. I mean: we should have as short martingale cycle as possible.

But it may be done by decreasing take profit to 15.

may be - not very good decision but we will see.

I will forward test it started from tomorrow and will post the statements by pairs.

As a reminder or in case i didn't mention if you turn dynamic pip step,stop loss, or take profit to false then the Ea will only use the stored stop,take profit, or pip step if leaving the above to true Ea will use ATR + stored settings for its calculations.

Thanks for reminding.

First trade was closed for this version https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general with 5 pips in profit:

Tomorrow I start forward testing it on VPS on 24/5 and will post the results by pairs here.

volty channel stop

can someone post the i call function for the volty channel to test this rather then vq indicator i am trying to identify the value in buffer 3 and 4 ie UpSignal or DnSignal

thank you

I just open metatrader, and 2 orders were opened and closed in profit

for AUDUSD and for EURAUD.

It is very comfortable to trade for few hours in a day.

Just to remind: I am using this EA with default settings

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general for

eurusd

gbpusd

usdjpy

usdchf

audusd

eurjpy

usdcad

eurgbp

eurchf

euraud

cadjpy

audjpy

audnzd

chfjpy

M1 timeframe.

I will trade on the way as 24/5 on VPS when this version will be changed to ecn mode to trade with ecn/stp brokers (accounts).

Files:
Reason: