Firebird v63G - page 15

Setting

Hallo Hendrick, hallo Wackena.

Thank you for all your effort toimprove our pipcount. I listen to your discussions and tried also something. No real improvement with me. But did you tried to contol the open ordercount by the Increasement Type factor. I use 0.5. I did the table according the formular of the author of firebird. Hendrik I am also working with Neuimex. May be we can can arrange with different value for contolling. Thanks. karl I did not succed to add the table.I succeeded now. But it is an excecl file. karl

Files:
incrtype.txt  14 kb

Maybe The Reason Why!

If I am understanding the Firebird v63g code, the first original trade on a chart is triggered by the "Relative Vigor index" by the Code,

doubleRVI=iRVI(NULL,0,10,MODE_MAIN,0)-iRVI(NULL,0,10,MODE_MAIN,1);

In the orignial 1st trade, the TimeFrame variable is 0. This means it uses the current Chart TimeFrame selection.

The PipStep trades are triggered by "Moving Average index" by the Code,

doublemyMA =iMA(NULL,MA_timeframe,MA_length,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,0);

In the PipStep trades, MA_timeframeis used and in my settings, I am using MA_timeframe=15.

This is why I get different results for different Chart Periods as reported previously.

The bottom line is that; "Cuurent Chart TimeFrame selection will effect trade activity".

I hope this makes since. If I'm wrong, please advise.

Wackena

Wackena:
Most opinions that I have heard state that it doesn't matter which Chart period you select, because the time frame is hardcoded into the EA. I started 3 side-by-side tests to compare using the same settings, but different Chart periods. Just to note, that I used 2 forward test Demos and 1 Live account for this test. Here are the results from June 14 (start at 1800 GMT) to June 16 (end at 2400 GMT).

M1 (Live)

eur/usd - 10 trades (10 wins, 0 loss)

gbp/usd - 19 trades (18 wins, 1 loss)

usd/chf - 15 trades (14 wins, 1 loss)

usd/jpy - 6 trades (5 wins, 1 loss)

M15 (Demo)

eur/usd - 14 trades (14 wins, 0 loss)

gbp/usd - 4 trades (4 wins, 0 loss)

usd/chf - 5 trades (5 wins, 0 loss)

usd/jpy - 5 trades (5 wins, 0 loss)

M30 (Demo)

eur/usd - 1 trades (1 wins, 0 loss)

gbp/usd - 10 trades (10 wins, 0 loss)

usd/chf - 3 trades (3 wins, 0l oss)

usd/jpy - 2 trades (2 wins, 0 loss)

If there is supposedly no difference between Live and Demo resuts, there seems to be a significant difference in trading activity. Also, it seems M15 and M30 periods, traded less times and "maybe" handles trending spikes better. I say "maybe", because this is suxh a short test period. Also, there are some indications here that different currency pairs may perform better on different Chart periods.

Wackena

karl:
Hallo Hendrick, hallo Wackena. Thank you for all your effort toimprove our pipcount. I listen to your discussions and tried also something. No real improvement with me. But did you tried to contol the open ordercount by the Increasement Type factor. I use 0.5. I did the table according the formular of the author of firebird. Hendrik I am also working with Neuimex. May be we can can arrange with different value for contolling. Thanks. karl I did not succed to add the table.I succeeded now. But it is an excecl file. karl

Karl, you may already have this attached file. It explains Firebird strategy in earlier versions and discussion PipStep Increasement.

Wackena

Wackena:
Yes. If I have calculated the pips correctly, here they are.

M1

940 pips wins

-360 pips loss

580 pips net

M15

560 pips wins

-0 pips loss

560 pips net

M30

320 pips wins

-0 pips loss

320 pips net

Wackena

Hi Wackena,

so you are running same above mentioned settings on different time frame...right ..??

Thanks

Babar

babarmughal:
Hi Wackena,

so you are running same above mentioned settings on different time frame...right ..??

Thanks

Babar

Babar,

Yes. M1, M15 & M30.

Wackena

I do not know if this is relevant but during the last week I've run Firebird on 4 majors on a demo account and I left timeframe of the chart on M1 incidently. I had not change the setings and this was the result.

Once again, I do not know if this had anything to do, but all trades have win.

How is this possible? I've attach the reports to this message and my settings.

roger

forward testing from 15 june to 16 june

I do the forward test this firebird follow this setting(originally set by wackena):

On M1 chart

Settings

MA_length=10

MA_timeframe=15

MAtype=0

Percent=0.05000000

TradeOnFriday=1

slip=100

Lots=0.1000000

TakeProfit=23

Stoploss=120

Fast_Period=23

Fast_Price=1

Slow_Period=84

Slow_Price=1

DivergenceLimit=0.00200000

Use_V63D_Divergence=0

PipStep=40

IncreasementType=0.00000000

DVLimit=10

PipsGoal=500

PipsLoss=500

GMT=0

DST=0

OpeningHour=0

ClosingHour=24

writelog=0

Not so good on pair gbpjpy..i close that gbpjpy pos manually .

Now i run that firebird only in 4 majors.(eurusd.gbpusd.usdchf,usdjpy) i will show the statement details for this weeks trading on next week (monday).

Thanks

Files:

The contributors to this thread have done an excellent job with this ea.....The results are quite impressive.

Hendrick:
Some of you are using a TP=20 and a SL=120. So for every looser you must have 6 winners for a break even. I don't know if this will work in the end. After TP=18 and SL=42 I'm now using TP=26 and SL=52 (2 winners for 1 looser for a break even). Looks most promising! Furthermore I think MAtype=0 is a must. With MAtype=1 I've seen Firebird placing trades during a spike. Another spike in the same direction and your account is zero (happened twice to me). I've studied all trades made by Firebird and have noticed that you better don't make any trades between 12:00-13:00, 15:00-16:00 and 23:00-8:00. A lot of profitable trades (and no losers at all) were trades made between 16:00 and 18:00 (I'm at GMT+2). To use such a schedule I've made myself a tool: EDEA. See the attachment for the files. I've just started a new demo-account with the new settings and schedule. Let's see!!

Hi hendrick,

wha are the other firebird setting you are using..

Thanks

Babar

Reason: