Firebird v63G - page 21

Hendrick:
Hi Firedave! Thanks to Goldensight I now understand you are willing to apply trade times to Firebird. That would be great! But is it possible to incorporate a week schedule with 7 starts and stop times per day in Firebird? Another question: to me the code of Firebirdv63G looks a little messy. Is it possible to bring it back to its basics? Maybe I ask too much, but if so, please tell me.

I think it's still possible to have a week schedule with 7 start and stop per day, but it surely makes the user to input many parameter. I didn't try EDEA yet so I don't know how easy to setup this schedule on it. Let me know if you think it's easier to have the schedule hard-coded to the EA. Hope this help

Firebird 101

Hi everybody. Can somebody help me with the firebird indicator from the beginning? Thank you very much in advance.

1. use version found in post # 173

2. download it to your MT4

3. click on "inputs" within firebird and put in the settings posted in post # 169

4. read thru the entire thread

nuna1976:
Hi everybody. Can somebody help me with the firebird indicator from the beginning? Thank you very much in advance.

hi hendrick :

Do u know the function of the Pipstep.What is different between the pipstep 15 and 40.In my forward test now overall i use pipstep 40.I only use pipstep 15 for eurjpy(on M15 chart)and yesterday no open trade had been made by that firebird.Today i want to see whether the firebird will open trade or not for this pair eurjpy on 15pipstep.Lets see

Thanks

saat2006:
hi hendrick :

Do u know the function of the Pipstep.What is different between the pipstep 15 and 40.In my forward test now overall i use pipstep 40.I only use pipstep 15 for eurjpy(on M15 chart)and yesterday no open trade had been made by that firebird.Today i want to see whether the firebird will open trade or not for this pair eurjpy on 15pipstep.Lets see

Thanks

The difference is simple....with pipstep = 15 if the market goes against your opened position and your loss reach 15 pips another position in the same direction is opened!!! With pipstep = 40 another position is opened when you are at -40 pips on current position!!!

Ciaooooo

hi maury :

Thanks for ur explanation..Now i know.Its look like the pipstep setting have a risk in its own.

Thanks

Firebird v63g & Ever Changing Forex Market

I believe backtesting an EA can not predict forward testing or live results. It does show us, however, that over time, this Forex market is always changing, causing EAs to perform differently. The one thing we need to do is to try to alter Firebird to be as stable over time as possible. One way is Time Filter, as Hendrick is working on with firedave. Another is a Trend Filter to assist Firebird in compensating for negative trends.

Two other ideas are:

1. Input variable to limit maximum numbers of PipStep orders on a currency pair at one time. Just in case of a negative severe spike and PipStep goes crazy placing orders.

2. Input variable to set a minimum account balance. If actual account balance falls below this point, trading stops.

The idea is to find a way to limit the loss during a negative market spike and protect the profits if the trading starts to go bad for the EA.

Just a few thoughts.

Wackena

Hendrick:
Hi Alphapip, Here is my version of Firebirdv63G

Please help!!!!

Compiling 'Firebird v63G.mq4'...

Function "CloseTheseTrades" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "CloseLoosingTrades" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "iFXAnalyser" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "GoalCheck" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "GetSlippage" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

stabil:
Please help!!!!

Compiling 'Firebird v63G.mq4'...

Function "CloseTheseTrades" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "CloseLoosingTrades" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "iFXAnalyser" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "GoalCheck" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "GetSlippage" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

hi stabil :

which broker that u use ?

hi hendrick/wackena :

What is ur thought in this condition :

For pair GbpUsd (Today at 10:54 )pos 1.8422

The firebird open pos BUY in the downtrend condition.And the result now its give me the negative pos.And hits stop loss of 52 pips.

What is in my mind is why this firebird not open SELL pos.From my indicator its show the downtrend.I am using aNina indicator.Is it some kind of msytery or what.Just to share to understand this firebird behaviour.Its a bad day for the firebird.

Thanks

Reason: