Firebird v63G - page 14

Hendrick:
See new statement Firebirdv63G (from 13-6 until now).

TF=15 (EA and charts)

Pairs GBPUSD USDCHF USDJPY EURUSD EURJPY

Settings:

MA_length=10

MA_timeframe=15

MAtype=0

Percent=0.05000000

TradeOnFriday=1

slip=100

Lots=0.40000000

TakeProfit=18

Stoploss=42

Fast_Period=23

Fast_Price=1

Slow_Period=84

Slow_Price=1

DivergenceLimit=0.00200000

Use_V63D_Divergence=0

PipStep=15

IncreasementType=0.00000000

DVLimit=10

PipsGoal=500

PipsLoss=500

GMT=0

DST=0

OpeningHour=0

ClosingHour=23

writelog=0

Hendrick,

It seems that we are members of same 2 forums.

Thanks. this is good information. I agree with your settings, except a higher stoploss and pipstep seems to be somewhat tolerate of spikes. I am using stopless=120 and pipstep=40. The reason is that I feel the 120 sl allows larger spikes and pipstep=40 will not open too many orders that could hurt with a severe spike. I've left the MetaTrader on 24 hrs/day. On these settings, from market start on Sunday June 11, I have had 69 completed trades with 66 winners and 3 losers. My brother wants to turn off the trader from 0800-1000 EST. so I modified the EA as follows.

if ( Hour()ClosingHour+GMT+DST) return(0); else { // included by Renato

All I did was to reverse the >< and replaced the "comments="bad hours"" with return(0). So when OpeningHour=12 and ClosingHour=14 GMT, this will stop trading from 0800-1000 EST. If you desgin a weekly schedule to set trading times for a complete week, that would be great.

On my wish list is to have someone programme this EA to set Lot Size with a calculation based on a percentage of AccountEquity. This would allow the EA to adjust to bigger or smaller lot size according to the profit or loss of the EA. If equity goes up, lot size increases proportionally amd risking only a fixed percent of equity. Also to have the ability to set max open orders per pair to limit exposure during severe spikes.

Wackena

Chart Selection

Most opinions that I have heard state that it doesn't matter which Chart period you select, because the time frame is hardcoded into the EA. I started 3 side-by-side tests to compare using the same settings, but different Chart periods. Just to note, that I used 2 forward test Demos and 1 Live account for this test. Here are the results from June 14 (start at 1800 GMT) to June 16 (end at 2400 GMT).

M1 (Live)

eur/usd - 10 trades (10 wins, 0 loss)

gbp/usd - 19 trades (18 wins, 1 loss)

usd/chf - 15 trades (14 wins, 1 loss)

usd/jpy - 6 trades (5 wins, 1 loss)

M15 (Demo)

eur/usd - 14 trades (14 wins, 0 loss)

gbp/usd - 4 trades (4 wins, 0 loss)

usd/chf - 5 trades (5 wins, 0 loss)

usd/jpy - 5 trades (5 wins, 0 loss)

M30 (Demo)

eur/usd - 1 trades (1 wins, 0 loss)

gbp/usd - 10 trades (10 wins, 0 loss)

usd/chf - 3 trades (3 wins, 0l oss)

usd/jpy - 2 trades (2 wins, 0 loss)

If there is supposedly no difference between Live and Demo resuts, there seems to be a significant difference in trading activity. Also, it seems M15 and M30 periods, traded less times and "maybe" handles trending spikes better. I say "maybe", because this is suxh a short test period. Also, there are some indications here that different currency pairs may perform better on different Chart periods.

Wackena

Wackena:
Most opinions that I have heard state that it doesn't matter which Chart period you select, because the time frame is hardcoded into the EA. I started 3 side-by-side tests to compare using the same settings, but different Chart periods. Just to note, that I used 2 forward test Demos and 1 Live account for this test. Here are the results from June 14 (start at 1800 GMT) to June 16 (end at 2400 GMT).

M1 (Live)

M15 (Demo)

M30 (Demo)

If there is supposedly no difference between Live and Demo resuts, there seems to be a significant difference in trading activity. Also, it seems M15 and M30 periods, traded less times and "maybe" handles trending spikes better. I say "maybe", because this is suxh a short test period. Also, there are some indications here that different currency pairs may perform better on different Chart periods.

Wackena

Hello

Which setting did you use ?

Thanks

Firebird v63g_1st and 2nd set EA

Wackena

Junior Member Join Date: May 2006

Firebird v63g Modified

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For last 3 days, I have been testing Firebird v63g on 4 charts eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/jpy & usd/chf with the attached setting files. In the 1st settings file ,I dropped the Percent down to 0.05 on M1 chart. It has produced consecutive win runs of 54, 58 & 72 before a loss trade. The problem is with wide price shifts. The 1st set of settinggs can produce as many as 14 open trades on 1 chart and with a big change in price in the wrong way can result in a hugh loss that eliminates any gains. I modifed the settings to the 2nd settings file and so far the number of open orders has decreased, with average 3 to 7 total open trades, and, since yesterday at 18:00 GMT, I have had 38 consecutive wins and no losers. It also survived the 12:30 GMT price swing this today.

As stated many times on this thread, Firebird can make money, but it can also lose money if not watched carefully.1st set

Wackena

Attached Files firebird v63g_1st set.txt (380 Bytes, 32 views)

firebird v63g_2nd set.txt (383 Bytes, 47 views)

Dear Wackena:

Could you be so kind as to post the actual EA with these modified changes you have provided our group? Thank you very much for your help in this matter.

Best regards,

Tamer Qursha

Gulffx.com

pzh:
Hello

Which setting did you use ?

Thanks

Settings

MA_length=10

MA_timeframe=15

MAtype=0

Percent=0.05000000

TradeOnFriday=1

slip=100

Lots=0.01000000

TakeProfit=20

Stoploss=120

Fast_Period=23

Fast_Price=1

Slow_Period=84

Slow_Price=1

DivergenceLimit=0.00200000

Use_V63D_Divergence=0

PipStep=40

IncreasementType=0.00000000

DVLimit=10

PipsGoal=500

PipsLoss=500

GMT=0

DST=0

OpeningHour=0

ClosingHour=24

writelog=0

Wackena

Wackena:

M1 (Live)

M15 (Demo)

M30 (Demo)

Wackena

Hi Weckena ,

These loss are they like SL loss 120 pips or .........????

Thanks

Babar

babarmughal:
Hi Weckena ,

These loss are they like SL loss 120 pips or .........????

Thanks

Babar

Yes. If I have calculated the pips correctly, here they are.

M1

940 pips wins

-360 pips loss

580 pips net

M15

560 pips wins

-0 pips loss

560 pips net

M30

320 pips wins

-0 pips loss

320 pips net

Wackena

firebird v63g_1st set.txt and firebird v63g_2st set.txt

Wackena:

Can you please post these two edited versions of the EA, sorry for any inconvenience. Thanks again take care.

Regards,

Tamer Qursha

can you share me your EA please

can you share me your EA with settings please.

gulffx.com:
Wackena:

Can you please post these two edited versions of the EA, sorry for any inconvenience. Thanks again take care.

Regards,

Tamer Qursha

These do not refer to different versions of the EA. These are different settings txt files. The settings that I am using are already posted on Post #137 of this thread.

Wackena

Reason: