Firebird EA - page 18

hi, i'm newbie here ... i like to use indicator manually can u suggest one?

peyi:
hi, i'm newbie here ... i like to use indicator manually can u suggest one?

Do you mean indicators to trade Firebird manually? Or use this EA with manual trading confirmation?

As to indicators based on Firebird so I don't know.

newdigital:
Do you mean indicators to trade Firebird manually? Or use this EA with manual trading confirmation? As to indicators based on Firebird so I don't know.

Hi Newdigital,

this is my first post in elite section and i'd like to thanks you for your awesome work here

I'm forward testing Firebird v63G since 1 Aug 2006, and so far i achieved +826 pips with 28 wins/0 loss, i think it's one of the best EA ever developed. Only negative side that i can find in Firebird V63G is stop loss really huge (300 pip).

How much is stop loss/take profit in Firebird v0.65 that you are testing?

thanks

@ Peyi : I attached indicator that usually i put on my chart to see how firebird will open/close trade. Just insert as MA_Period and Percent the same value used in Firebird (default should be MA_Period=10 and Percent=0.1)

Files:
firebird.mq4  4 kb

Take profit 120 and sl = 130. But 0.65 version is using some other algorithm to close the orders. Besides stop loss is 130 for total loss on all open positions in pips.

newdigital:
Take profit 120 and sl = 130. But 0.65 version is using some other algorithm to close the orders. Besides stop loss is 130 for total loss on all open positions in pips.

Thanks Newdigital

I downloaded v0.65 and will try to forward test on Northfinance demo account

unable to get any trades

I have placed Firebird065tf on 8 currency pairs on the M30 TF and kept the platform open for the last 36 hrs, but I got NO TRADES at all. I see a message "non-trading Hours!" displayed. I use Neurex MT4 for this test. Everything in the Journal and Experts log looks good and looking at the code I could not see anything that prevents it from trading. I left the trading times from 8 to 18 as default. All the parameters are at default, I did not change anything. Can somebody help to tell me what I need to do to get it going? Attached is a screen of the platform with the 8 pairs loaded. Thanks!

Files:

fxspeedster:
I have placed Firebird065tf on 8 currency pairs on the M30 TF and kept the platform open for the last 36 hrs, but I got NO TRADES at all. I see a message "non-trading Hours!" displayed. I use Neurex MT4 for this test. Everything in the Journal and Experts log looks good and looking at the code I could not see anything that prevents it from trading. I left the trading times from 8 to 18 as default. All the parameters are at default, I did not change anything. Can somebody help to tell me what I need to do to get it going? Attached is a screen of the platform with the 8 pairs loaded. Thanks!

This message "non-trading Hours!" are displaying all the time so just ignore it.

Besides, probable, it is necessary to have Tracert file (i am not sure but if yes so it is in files' thread in this elte section).

And probable you should use pre-set file (settings) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page10

And use different magic number (in the settings) for every pair.

M30 timeframe.

Besides this EA is not trading very often as it is not a scalper.

For example:

- it was one order closed yesterday on EURUSD with +1 pip in profit,

- two orders with GBPUSD were closed yesterday with +25 pips,

- one order was opened and closed today on USDJPY with +2 pips (and the previous one was in 11th of August for UDJPY only),

- one order was closed for USDCHF yesterday with +3 pips and the other today with +2 pips.

And no one trade is open now.

It was whole story since yesterday morning.

I'm new and don't understand the use of a magic number. Can someone explain?

Hagbard Celine:
I'm new and don't understand the use of a magic number. Can someone explain?

Just imagine the following. You opened Metatrader, opened one chart and attached one EA to this chart. Then you opened the other chart and attached the other (or the same one) EA to that chart. And both EAs opened the orders. Then one EA wants to modify this order but does not know which one should be modified. So, magic number is just a number which every trade is having. And EA can recognize easy which one should be processed.

You don't need to do anyting with this manic numbers. When you see magic numbers' settings in EA so just use different numbers for every chart in one Metatrader. That's all that you need.

2 questions regarding firebird65tf

I have 2 questions regarding Firebird65tf.

1. As you can see in the attached screen firebird65tf opened 2 positions on EUR and 2 on CHF. Is it supposed to open multiple simultaneous positions?

2. Every pair traded has its own separate magic number and the same settings (presets). Why on certain pairs (GBP,GBPJPY,AUD,CAD) does it show "non-trading hours" but on some others it does not? As I said settings are the same for all pairs.

Thanks!

Files:
Reason: