Firebird v63G - page 10

Statement

7 pairs since 4 days. I gave up testing all 15 pairs, which had the same settings as 7 pairs Firebird. Now I have commented out SetupGlobalVariables() function to see how this will affect EA's behaviour - I can only guess since I am not a programmer.

Files:
f63g_7pairs.htm  51 kb

Statements

5th day of 7 pairs. It was a bad day for Firebird. News are killing this EA so time filter should be added i.e. let it trade all the time except 12.30-14.00 GMT.

New statement with commented out Globals function added.

WodzykFX:
5th day of 7 pairs. It was a bad day for Firebird. News are killing this EA so time filter should be added i.e. let it trade all the time except 12.30-14.00 GMT. New statement with commented out Globals function added.

Hi WodzykFX,

May I know why only 12.30-14.00GMT? Is that the only time news pops out? Thanx!

-RJ1-

Hi,

News come out often:

http://www.forexfactory.com/index.php?page=calendar.

But the biggest moves are usually that from USA that happen at 12.30 GMT and they have been killing Firebird so far. As long there are not big moves it is ok for this EA. Of course 12.30 GMT is not the only time that can kill Firebird, the fundamentals is what we have to look at, actually events that can possibly cause high volatility and we should avoid trading during them.

Firebird v63g Modified

For last 3 days, I have been testing Firebird v63g on 4 charts eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/jpy & usd/chf with the attached setting files. In the 1st settings file ,I dropped the Percent down to 0.05 on M1 chart. It has produced consecutive win runs of 54, 58 & 72 before a loss trade. The problem is with wide price shifts. The 1st set of settinggs can produce as many as 14 open trades on 1 chart and with a big change in price in the wrong way can result in a hugh loss that eliminates any gains. I modifed the settings to the 2nd settings file and so far the number of open orders has decreased, with average 3 to 7 total open trades, and, since yesterday at 18:00 GMT, I have had 38 consecutive wins and no losers. It also survived the 12:30 GMT price swing this today.

As stated many times on this thread, Firebird can make money, but it can also lose money if not watched carefully.1st set

Wackena

Wackena:
For last 3 days, I have been testing Firebird v63g on 4 charts eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/jpy & usd/chf with the attached setting files. In the 1st settings file ,I dropped the Percent down to 0.05 on M1 chart. It has produced consecutive win runs of 54, 58 & 72 before a loss trade. The problem is with wide price shifts. The 1st set of settinggs can produce as many as 14 open trades on 1 chart and with a big change in price in the wrong way can result in a hugh loss that eliminates any gains. I modifed the settings to the 2nd settings file and so far the number of open orders has decreased, with average 3 to 7 total open trades, and, since yesterday at 18:00 GMT, I have had 38 consecutive wins and no losers. It also survived the 12:30 GMT price swing this today.

As stated many times on this thread, Firebird can make money, but it can also lose money if not watched carefully.1st set

Wackena

Good job Wackena!! Are you using this second pair of settings on TF=1 or TF=15?

Wackena:

Wackena

Wackena can u post ur statements if possible

Hendrick:
Good job Wackena!! Are you using this second pair of settings on TF=1 or TF=15?

TimeFrame in EA Programme is 15 and chart is on M!.

Wackena

MarvinSk:
Wackena can u post ur statements if possible

attached is statement. First 2 trades were closed manually because these trades were from different settings.

Wackena

Wackena:
TimeFrame in EA Programme is 15 and chart is on M!. Wackena

Is there any reason why you set the TF=15 in the EA and attach the EA to a M1 chart? Just curious.

Reason: