Firebird v63G - page 4

Hendrick:
Here you go! EA and the settings I use.

After One day forward testing - 50% down of the demo account.

how is your testing going??

Files:

glader:
After One day forward testing - 50% down of the demo account. how is your testing going??

Here is my last statement for version 065tf.

Files:

Great!

Hendrick:

Hello Hendrick,

Nice results!!

I think your EA is working better on IBFX only.

I think this is due to the Broker Server time and your EA's time setting.

can you place that time setting in the input parameters? So we can use any brokers server time?

Ofcourse this is just an observation and I may be wrong anbout the Server time.

Best Regards.

Hendrick:

I am quite confuse becouse of very different results. Can you please specify which TimeFrame and which currencypairs are your trading? Thanks in advance.

FX-Hedger:
Hello Hendrick,

Nice results!!

I think your EA is working better on IBFX only.

I think this is due to the Broker Server time and your EA's time setting.

can you place that time setting in the input parameters? So we can use any brokers server time?

Ofcourse this is just an observation and I may be wrong anbout the Server time.

Best Regards.

Hey FXHedger!,

I'm not sure if I understand what you are meaning. I've set the option UserHourTrade=false. So I want to trade 24 hours a day. Does this answer your question? (sorry, English is not my native language. So not understanding your question is my fault and not yours!. Please teach me when I'm wrong.)

Cheers!

glader:
I am quite confuse becouse of very different results. Can you please specify which TimeFrame and which currencypairs are your trading? Thanks in advance.

Hi Glader!

TF=30M. Still testing all pairs. And here are my settings. Hope this helps!!

Cheers!

Files:

I noticed in the settings that pipstep is larger than trailingstops, I hadn't paid much attention to that before, I would think it would be the other way around. I am presuming that pipstep is another way of saying trailstep/stepstop although I could be wrong about that. There is a thread here on forex-tsd about stepstops, if you do a search and read the first post of that thread it gives you a good example of stepstops. You never know with settings, altering little things can make a difference sometimes. cheers

Hendrick:
Hi Glader!

TF=30M. Still testing all pairs. And here are my settings. Hope this helps!!

Cheers!

goldensight:
I noticed in the settings that pipstep is larger than trailingstops, I hadn't paid much attention to that before, I would think it would be the other way around. I am presuming that pipstep is another way of saying trailstep/stepstop although I could be wrong about that. There is a thread here on forex-tsd about stepstops, if you do a search and read the first post of that thread it gives you a good example of stepstops. You never know with settings, altering little things can make a difference sometimes. cheers

I think PipSet en TS are totally different. The explanation of PipSet is as follows (see attached document):

PipStep:

When the position goes against Firebird it starts buying to average the position to a better value.

The value you enter here is how much the price must move to open a new position.

30 pips looks like a good value.

To low and Firebird will buy like crazy. To high and it is never able to average and starts loosing trades.

Broker Server time

Hendrick:
Hey FXHedger!,

I'm not sure if I understand what you are meaning. I've set the option UserHourTrade=false. So I want to trade 24 hours a day. Does this answer your question? (sorry, English is not my native language. So not understanding your question is my fault and not yours!. Please teach me when I'm wrong.)

Cheers!

Hello Hendirck!

Thanks for the reply, no need to apologise. I'm not very good in english my self.

What I was trying to say is that IBFX may use New York Time on their server, and other brokers may use GMT+2 or GMT-1. Since you have time filter on the EA. The time filter uses the server time to turn on and off.

So if I use a broker that has different time than IBFX then the EA will turn on and off with my brokers server time and the results will be different.

If the EA is trading 24 hours then it does not matter.

I hope I could make sence.

Thank you.

No Trades!!!

Still attempting to test several EA's, but none are working. No errors in Journal.

Reason: