Big Profit Without Using Any Indicator - page 58

ryanklefas:
FiFtHeLeMeNt, your coding is positively beautiful! I love it!

Ryan, is this a hedging EA? If so, what are the parameters (stop losses, take profits, etc.)?

mikejody:
Ryan, is this a hedging EA? If so, what are the parameters (stop losses, take profits, etc.)?

I'm not seeing a selectable stoploss, but the TP is defaulted at 27 for both positions. Yes, it hedges. MisGS appears to be the distance between orders.

An idea

On the other EA thread, it was recommended that this EA only be run on low volatility pairs such as Eur-Usd. However, changing the Pip-step (distance between new orders) could theoretically take into account the volatility of the pair, thus making the EA safe again. For example, a low volatility pair (Eur-Usd) could use the small pip step of about 20. A high volatility pair (let's say GBP-USD ) would have its own, much larger pipstep.

Now this brings an interesting possibly. What if the pipstep is DYNAMICALLY set based on current market volatility. We could use ATR. What do you guys think?

ryanklefas:
On the other EA thread, it was recommended that this EA only be run on low volatility pairs such as Eur-Usd. However, changing the Pip-step (distance between new orders) could theoretically take into account the volatility of the pair, thus making the EA safe again. For example, a low volatility pair (Eur-Usd) could use the small pip step of about 20. A high volatility pair (let's say GBP-USD ) would have its own, much larger pipstep. Now this brings an interesting possibly. What if the pipstep is DYNAMICALLY set based on current market volatility. We could use ATR. What do you guys think?

I LIKE it.

The HUGE problem is that ATR lags. so ... you could have a small ATR, choose a small pipstep and then... a 200 pips move.

Thank you guys , I am happy u liked it , it is the result of like 20 years coding

I may add another features if u think anything else is necessary.

Regards

cucurucu:
The HUGE problem is that ATR lags. so ... you could have a small ATR, choose a small pipstep and then... a 200 pips move.

There are a number of other indicators that can measure volatility. The ATR was just an example.

The point is to either compensate for the big moves or stay out altogether. (I think it would be preferable to do both)

Another Idea:

Use JMASlope to find market volatility and only enter when it is falling.

I HIGHLY recommend that EVERYBODY and ANYBODY is who interested in the V1 and V2 EAs go over to the new thread and discuss there. Also, repost any EAs that you think should be futher developed:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

As it is now, we have scattered development and too many copies of the same system floating around. I'll be reposting my ideas there as well.

ryanklefas:
I HIGHLY recommend that EVERYBODY and ANYBODY is who interested in the V1 and V2 EAs go over to the new thread and discuss there. Also, repost any EAs that you think should be futher developed:

Is this thread then going to continue with the Fifth version of Blessing or are you going to take on a new thread for this also?

KaMpeR:
Is this thread then going to continue with the Fifth version of Blessing or are you going to take on a new thread for this also?

I just reposted those versions over there.

Once again, if you think something should be further developed, then, please do post them over there.

Reason: