20 pips system - page 6

newdigital:
Mimi,

It is not my system.

Tartan found this one page in Russian language, posted on his forum, created 3 EAs. There are no any author of this system mentioned anywhere.

I translated this page to the English and according to the vocabulary I understood that person who wrote this Russia page is very simple man. He mentioned time as 21 (not 9 pm, not 9 pm GMT). If he is simple (simple language) and if he said 21 so I understood that it is local time. As this page is in Russian so it is time of the capital of the country. That's all my thinking about it.

And 21 in capital of this country is 8 pm in my place. And 8 pm in my place is 5 pm GMT.

So I attach the EA at 5 or 6 pm GMT.

hi newdigutal

thanks for the reply. from monday i'll test the system live and i'll post the results.

so i think here is the first logical conclusion:

Attach the EA between 5pm GMT - 6pm GMT(6pm GMT is preferable)

as i asked befor i dont know what is the StopLoss for the system.would you(or somebody)help.

thanks

mimi

Stop loss is necessary of course. But it is very difficult to use (to place) stop loss manually in this system without EA. So I am testing without stop loss.

When we estimate some rules for this system we may ask to create EA and it will be easy to trade (with stop loss).

I am continuing testing this 20 pips system. It is more than $150 in profit now (in deposit currency using 0.1 lot size) and 3 orders are open with small profit.

Will post detailed statements tomorrow.

What time???

Newdigital,

Since you are able to successfully test the system, what timeframe are you in or country when you set the EA, and I will adjust to EST? It cannot be 2PM EST as stated earlier by novafx99 since the market has not closed since I presume that the EA relies on the close for the day, am I correct?

Ed

No alerts....

I attached the EA to the 15 minute TF at 6PM EST - the New York session is closed, but I am not getting any alerts. Am I missing something?

It is the statement.

Et_phonehome_2,

I am using m15 timeframe with the following pairs:

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, AUDUSD, USDCAD, EURJPY, EURGBP and EURCHF.

Time to attach EA is 5-6 pm GMT.

Use first MT4 EA (not second one).

When the price is between the lines we are not trading and we are not placing any pending orders (and not getting any alert).

Still profitable.

But one problem only: what is about stop loss?

I have an suggestion:

future EA should place pending orders at the time when the price is close enough to the line (to place stop loss). About stop loss I want to say that I saw two times when it was -75 and -95 but finally it was closed in profit. But it was for USDCAD and EURCHF. So, decision may be the following:

1. Future EA should place pending orders when the price is close enough to the line to place stop loss. It may be between 5 till 7 or 8 pm GMT.

2. We may reduce the trading pairs to get more thin stop loss (30 or 35 for example for EURUSD, GBPUSD, 40 or 45 for USDCHF, and 50 or 55 for USDJPY).It may be 4 majors.

Or

3. We may use stop loss as 100 or 120 and trade all the pairs.

And i want to say that I did not close any order manually.

1. Future EA should place pending orders when the price is close enough to the line to place stop loss. It may be between 5 till 7 or 8 pm GMT.

Or place pending orders at 5 or 6 pm GMT and place the stop loss later.

Just an Idea

Hey Guys!

I'm new to this thread.

I was thinking if this EA could be made into a script or a DLL and have an EA execute the scritp at the our desired time?

Just an Idea.

Two orders were closed in profit now so please find updated statement.

Will try 20 PIP testing again

Newdigital,

Thanks for your input....

I will try again tonight at 6PM EST using the MQ4 from post 1 named "mt4 converted.zip," is the "mt4 converted improved.zip" also good to use?

I always find that if there are so many variations of the files that its hard to tell what one are using to test....

Keep up the good work, always interested in reading the threads by you....

Reason: