ADXcross - page 10

kamyar:
hi

as far as i have learnt the setting must be like this(see the pic) and i suppose that up to now the original rules and settings for the system is one that leutzuro suggested.

i have back tested it and it seems profitable but i think using trailing stop makes the system more profitable but i am wondering what is the best amount for trailing stop for the system.

plz somebody guide me in this matter.

at the end i should say according to my backtests hitting s/l(100) happens rarely but as newdigital said it is enough to loss the pips just a s/l hit???

I tried to code the EA according to this ADX Crossing_alarm and leutzuro rules but I failed. Because of this ADX Crossing_alarm indicator. Because of this lines in the code:

b4plusdi=iADX(NULL,0,ADXbars,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_PLUSDI,shift-1);

nowplusdi=iADX(NULL,0,ADXbars,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_PLUSDI,shift);

b4minusdi=iADX(NULL,0,ADXbars,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MINUSDI,shift-1);

I think we should take the signals from the H4 or H1 timeframe and should change this indicator. Or we should ask somebody to code the EA using this indicator.

If we are trading on the closed bar so we should take the signals on H1 or H4 timeframe with the changed indicator (to enter on the closed bar) and continue trading on D1 timeframe.

May be.

hi newdigital

i'm backtesting the system according to leutzuro's rules.

i'll post the results soon.up to now it seems grate??????????

not related to this thread

dear newdigital

i have coded a programm by visual basic which is able to recognize the AB=CD price pattern in a visual environment.it needs just 3 point then it findes the situation and the targets and the probable prz.

if u agree i can put it to be tested more.

But do we have to trade on the closed bar? Can't we enter during the day, after dot appears. I'm not a coder, that's why i'm asking. Is it possible to code EA in this way? Similar to crossing EMAs, but changed to crossing dmis?

backtest

i completed the backtest for the system on GBP/usd(daily)from

2005.12.19 to 2006.02.10(about two month)

ENTRY:give the signal an open order on next candle(day)as leutzuro said

EXIT:on opposit signal

see the pic

total Profit=+1360

loss=0

pips in loss for each trade:

#0=10

#1=18

#2=80

#3=3

#4=29

#5=27

#6=6

#7=4

#8=32

Files:
gbpusd1440.gif  21 kb

krall:
But do we have to trade on the closed bar? Can't we enter during the day, after dot appears. I'm not a coder, that's why i'm asking. Is it possible to code EA in this way? Similar to crossing EMAs, but changed to crossing dmis?

We can but it is difficult to do forward test of this system manually. I tried to create Ea for this on Friday and failed. I will try more on Monday. Because it is much more easy to test by EA than manually.

krall:
I'm afraid your backtest is not proper. As a entry price you are taking open price from first candle after dot. The point is, that dot can appear when next candle is in the midle, or even near close price. Am i right? If not we are rich

yes u are right.i jumped in on the open price ofthe next candle(after dot).as far as i know the dot appears when a candle closes(i mean ,dot appears on closed candle and the next candle does not effect on previous signal,i think)

i got the system like this and u made me doubtful about it .anyway

if i am right so as u said we will be rich.

if u are right so my backtest is wrong.

let me study more

You'r definately right krall. Kaymar, please note that the bearish signal will appear only when there is a falling candle and bullish only with the rising one. That's why in trades like #7, the green dot will be painted only if next bar is rising. In result, you would get your buy signal under #7 when #8 bar is CLOSED (or maybe a little bit earlier, but it doesn't really matter).

bactest

hi i completed backtest for another pair(ERU/USD daily)

from 2005.12.05 to 2006.02.10(about two month)

profit=+963

loss=-18

total=+945

pips in loss for each trade:

#1=7

#2=10

#3=10

#4=15

#5=45

#6=22

#7=27

#8=17

#9=25

#10=6

#11=22

#12=12

#13=30

see the pic

Files:
eruusd.gif  23 kb

ok krall and shizo i think i did right.see the pics that illustrate the system (posted by leutzuro).

get the signal today(for example) and enter a position on open price for next candle(tommarow etc.)

i got it like this.if i made a mistake plz somebody corrects my trades.

Files:
system_1.gif  25 kb
system2_2.gif  28 kb
Reason: