EA BAsed on Heiken ASHI - page 14

mrtools:
Gtudor, Been looking at it haven't how to incorporate the change into the close routine.

Thanks, but this change if you succeed, convert it in a powerful EA.

Pretty please can manage to change !

mrtools:
Gtudor, Been looking at it haven't how to incorporate the change into the close routine.

Here's some examples of how they work correctly and incorrectly.

EURUSD opened properly . TS closed transactions(use a trade manager, that is not functioning properly TS original EA (has errors))

USDCHF open correctly, but does not close the HA changes from red to blue

GBPUSD fair opens and closes properly (look purchase transaction unanswered TS activated but closed properly)

Files:

mrtools:
This is an updated EA based on Heiken Ashi Smoothed, this Ea should work on any broker regardless of digits or Ecn type. Will open and close orders on Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed_v1 color change, has a close on trend change , break even and trailing stop, along with money management. Did a quick back test with default settings except trail after break even = true and break even = 25, and for what is is worth got these results . The Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed_v1 needs to be in your experts/indicator folder for the EA to work.

Hi Mr. Tools. Can I ask you please the time period you did the quick backtest on? Was it over a week, or a month........... Also, I only changed the parameter exit on color change (changed to true) left all else default. The EA closed the order on the trailing stop. If that parameter is changed to true shouldn't it ONLY close on a color change?

aagarcia:
Hi Mr. Tools. Can I ask you please the time period you did the quick backtest on? Was it over a week, or a month........... Also, I only changed the parameter exit on color change (changed to true) left all else default. The EA closed the order on the trailing stop. If that parameter is changed to true shouldn't it ONLY close on a color change?

Hi Aagarcia,

About the backtest can't remember and can't find it in my file archive, but what I usually do is go back to the start of the year and go up to the current time, which when i posted it was in July this year.

About the exit on color change, and if everything else was default the trailing will work as normal,for it not to trail in that situation you would need to set the trailing stops to zero.

mrtools:
Hi Aagarcia,

About the backtest can't remember and can't find it in my file archive, but what I usually do is go back to the start of the year and go up to the current time, which when i posted it was in July this year.

About the exit on color change, and if everything else was default the trailing will work as normal,for it not to trail in that situation you would need to set the trailing stops to zero.

Thank you Mr. Tools! BTW, was the backtest done on only one pair Eur/Usd?

aagarcia:
Thank you Mr. Tools! BTW, was the backtest done on only one pair Eur/Usd?

Yeah only backtested that pair.

mrtools:
Yeah only backtested that pair.

Great thanks. Just to be sure- it doesn't matter what TF you have the charts on, correct? It's not based on timeframe right?

aagarcia:
Great thanks. Just to be sure- it doesn't matter what TF you have the charts on, correct? It's not based on timeframe right?

Right, whatever timeframe chart you put it on it will use the heiken ashi smoothed for that chart timeframe for its signals.

mrtools:
Right, whatever timeframe chart you put it on it will use the heiken ashi smoothed for that chart timeframe for its signals.

I found a V.2 of the HAS. Do you see any big differences between V.2 and V.1 that is posted?

Heiken Ashi Smoothed V2 - MT4 Indicator | Free Download

aagarcia:
I found a V.2 of the HAS. Do you see any big differences between V.2 and V.1 that is posted? Heiken Ashi Smoothed V2 - MT4 Indicator | Free Download

Aagarcia, they look pretty close to being the same, except v2 has no tails and it being ex4 not able to tell code wise if they are the same or not. The top picture is v2 and the bottom is v1 with the same MaPeriod as v2.

Files:
ha_v1.png  45 kb
ha_v2.png  45 kb
Reason: