Ki Ea - page 8

Sorry have to bug your guys on this simple installation issue. Thank you both for your patient Nic and Kalenzo.

After I attached the file, there still not shows up in the MetaEditor. Somehow from MetaEditor I opened them from doc file (after I unzipped) and compile them. Under the MetaEditor shows "Error" and the file disappeared and under pull-down menu the "Compile" is no longer function. Should I uninstall the MT4 and reinstall and try them again from start.

Any possibility for you do me a favor (only you have some extratime) to convert them to simple files?

hi Guys

Can someone please make an EA for KI...based on MACD....not AXI

Thanks

Babar

Nicholishen:
... and as far as the set file. You need to save it to the experts>presets folder. Then when you load the EA on the chart to change it's properties, you'll need to click the button that says load, and select the file. that will change the settings to the ones saved in the file.

I finally reread both of your messages and tried them again. It shows on the attached file. Please let me know is this correct? if not please attached current chart I'll try to make sure there shows the same details.

thanks,

skin

Files:
doc2.doc  719 kb

Update...

17% of profit for 1 month of testing on the Eur/Usd H1...not bad at all

What I like about this EA is that the news Days had no effect at all. In fact, it's the only EA I am testing that didn't loose any profit from the brutal whipsaws.

I added 4 pairs to the test yesterday. USD/CHF; EUR/JPY; EUR/CHF; GBP/USD

The settings I use for these new pairs are not optimized. I use the same settings that can be found in my preset file posted in one of my previous posts on this thread.

Sada

Files:

Nicholishen:
There is a glitch when running on multiple pair, and i am sorry that I didn't specify sooner! This EA is a bastardized version of another EA that i am working with. I took out a feature just to expediate this EA to market (so to speak). This EA will operate on a pulltab system developed by cockeyedcowboy to give it the abillity to not only trade multiple pairs, but multiple setting on the same pair AND same TF. I will fix it and reupload it to the thread.

Hi Nicholishen, could you confirm the attached files in #1 post are the latest version with those fixes? I would like to help with forward testing.

sadaloma:
Update...

The settings I use for these new pairs are not optimized. I use the same settings that can be found in my preset file posted in one of my previous posts on this thread.

Sada

Hi Sadaloma,

You mentioned earlier your were using the following settings for forward testing.

Confirm=1

length1=8

length2=20

length3=20

lots=1.00000000

TakeProfit=0

StopLoss=90

UseTrail=1

TrailingAct=15.00000000

TrailingStep=20.00000000

UseADX=0

ADXthresh=30.00000000

UseTimeFilter=0

BeginHour=8

EndHour=18

Reverse=0

Length2 and Length3, they are both listed as 20. Just want to confirm if that is correct or if it is a typo.

Using stop loss of 90 is considered bad money management. A couple of losses can negate all the gains made in several weeks.

I back tested this with 90% quality for this month with a 30 pip stop loss and gave good results.

This seems to be a good strategy. I have 1 minute data for this month only. If you have 1 minute data going back to last year then you can back test for longer term than I did and see if a 30 to 40 pip stop loss is profitable.

From the graphs the signals look very good. This is realy good especially cosidering it uses only one indicator. I guess the simpler it is the better it is.

mangman:
Hi Sadaloma,

You mentioned earlier your were using the following settings for forward testing.

Confirm=1

length1=8

length2=20

length3=20

lots=1.00000000

TakeProfit=0

StopLoss=90

UseTrail=1

TrailingAct=15.00000000

TrailingStep=20.00000000

UseADX=0

ADXthresh=30.00000000

UseTimeFilter=0

BeginHour=8

EndHour=18

Reverse=0

Length2 and Length3, they are both listed as 20. Just want to confirm if that is correct or if it is a typo.

Using stop loss of 90 is considered bad money management. A couple of losses can negate all the gains made in several weeks.

I back tested this with 90% quality for this month with a 30 pip stop loss and gave good results.

This seems to be a good strategy. I have 1 minute data for this month only. If you have 1 minute data going back to last year then you can back test for longer term than I did and see if a 30 to 40 pip stop loss is profitable.

From the graphs the signals look very good. This is realy good especially cosidering it uses only one indicator. I guess the simpler it is the better it is.

That is not a typo...it's correct...the preset file I posted is the exact preset I use.

I understand that 30 to 40 seems more profitable and surely is...but I got those settings after putting the EA on a 16 hours backtest for 1 year. The result spitted out 90...anyway, the way the EA is made is that it will close the trade if there is an opposite signal.

What I am really interested in is to backtest the EA for other pairs of currencies....anybody who has 90% data quality wants to backtest and see what are the other currencies optimize settings?

thanks

sada

Nicholishen:
This is an EA based on the KI indicators

(https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173703)

I tested it using the USDCHF H1.

Additional ideas welcome!!!

more reliable test with 90% quality

Files:

You'll have to change lengh 1,2&3 (and the TP, TS and SL too...)in the settings of the EA to make it more profitable.

For the eur/usd I use 8,20&20 respectively,please look at my SET file I posted earlier for all details. Try to backtest it on those settings and you'll be surprise. It's up 200 pips right now after 1 month of forward testing. Each currency have a different setting. I will be doing more backtesting in the future for other pairs but the problem right now is that the EA doesn't work with multiple pairs. I am not sure what is wrong with it but we'll have to wait as Nicholishen seem to have log-off for a while for a small vacation well deserved

Maybe someone else with programming skills could take a look at the KI EA and make it work with multiple currency pairs ?

Sada

PS: here is an update of the statement

Files:

sadaloma,new tests with your preset.

Reason: