Market Profile - page 11

mladen:
Here is this one without that annoying alert ay-tpochart-session.v1.20_-_smtm.mq4 As of the rest : what merge function? I di not cut out anything from the code, A far as I see when Enable merge profile is set to true it does the work

Like this mate... even v102-6 is very limited for multi profile merges.

Files:

doubleR85:
Like this mate... even v102-6 is very limited for multi profile merges.

Sorry

I haven't used that indicator

What exactly does it do differently than the version that was running using build 509?

Also, if version 102-6 works OK, why don't you us that version?

mladen:
Sorry

I haven't used that indicator

What exactly does it do differently than the version that was running using build 509?

Also, if version 102-6 works OK, why don't you us that version?

1.20 the one you got running merges only the three session profile of the trading day. 102-6 has auto merges when you switch time frames but the problem is for example it only merges the beginning of the week and does not have the option to include the previous week. It does when you switch to the 4hr time frame but the profile is totally different. Ideally you would want an option on how many profile days you can merge. Do you think you can replace 1.20 with the code from 1.32? I think we can start from there.

ay-tpochart.v1.32m.mq4

Files:

doubleR85:
1.20 the one you got running merges only the three session profile of the trading day. 102-6 has auto merges when you switch time frames but the problem is for example it only merges the beginning of the week and does not have the option to include the previous week. It does when you switch to the 4hr time frame but the profile is totally different. Ideally you would want an option on how many profile days you can merge. Do you think you can replace 1.20 with the code from 1.32? I think we can start from there.

ay-tpochart.v1.32m.mq4

Just like I said, money should not be an issue if you can duplicate 1.32 into the new mt4... I understand the task because its heavily coded.

Please let me know what you can do asap...

Hi everyone,

Do you know a good Volume profile indicator for Mt4?

Thank you.

Hi everyone.

Please, excuse-me for my poor english.

I've read the thread and it's very interesting. The thing is I think that you spend too much time on Market Profile indicator and you forget to develop good Volume Profile tool for Mt4.

Even Steidlmayer, father of MP, agrees to say that profiling volume is better now.

http://www.cmegroup.com/education/steidlmayer-volume-strips-video.html

The fact is we, MT4's user, have really good Market Profile indicator but it's very difficult to get a good Volume profile unfortunately. I mean, I haven't found it yet.

I'm trading on Marketscope wich is provided by FXCM. I've bought some Profile's indicator which work well.

You see on the picture.

I've bought the lowest low of Friday on EURUSD with Volume Composite profile 100 days. There was a peak of volume, it acts like a support.

I mean, yeah Market Profile is very useful but you really could improve trading by using Volume Profile.

Some examples :

Thursday, I posted that on my blog :

Why did I think it could be a support area ? Simple, look at this :

There was a LVN on the Volume-20 days.

As you can see, Volume profile is a powerful tool.

Well, I'm leaving FXCM so I'd like to trade on MT4 directly. For this purpose, I need some good materials but I'm not a programmer.

In my opinion, we should looking for develop a better Volume Profile for MT4.

You cand find a base here :

level_sensor_new.mq4

This picture shows parameters of Volume profile Marketscope :

Hope there will be someone motivated,

have a nice day friends :-)

Files:
image1.png  48 kb
k.png  40 kb
image1_1.png  59 kb
image1_2.png  17 kb

JMFX:
Hi everyone.

Please, excuse-me for my poor english.

I've read the thread and it's very interesting. The thing is I think that you spend too much time on Market Profile indicator and you forget to develop good Volume Profile tool for Mt4.

Even Steidlmayer, father of MP, agrees to say that profiling volume is better now.

http://www.cmegroup.com/education/steidlmayer-volume-strips-video.html

The fact is we, MT4's user, have really good Market Profile indicator but it's very difficult to get a good Volume profile unfortunately. I mean, I haven't found it yet.

I'm trading on Marketscope wich is provided by FXCM. I've bought some Profile's indicator which work well.

You see on the picture.

I've bought the lowest low of Friday on EURUSD with Volume Composite profile 100 days. There was a peak of volume, it acts like a support.

I mean, yeah Market Profile is very useful but you really could improve trading by using Volume Profile.

Some examples :

Thursday, I posted that on my blog :

Why did I think it could be a support area ? Simple, look at this :

There was a LVN on the Volume-20 days.

As you can see, Volume profile is a powerful tool.

Well, I'm leaving FXCM so I'd like to trade on MT4 directly. For this purpose, I need some good materials but I'm not a programmer.

In my opinion, we should looking for develop a better Volume Profile for MT4.

You cand find a base here :

level_sensor_new.mq4

This picture shows parameters of Volume profile Marketscope :

Hope there will be someone motivated,

have a nice day friends :-)

A great quote from a debate about tpo vs volume profile.

"Market profile uses TPOs as a way to organize "data" for Auction Market. Once the data is organized. You then you analyze the your data(TPO's). You don't trade the picture (indicator). TPO counts above & below the (TPO) VA, tell you if there is an imbalance of buyers or sellers. Single print tpos analysis tell you if the auction to the upside or downside is complete. tpo counts above & below value tells you if there is more longer TF participation above & below value. TPO analysis within the IB tells you if trading is dominated in public or institutional control etc. You monitor this market generation data for change and it tells the condition, and sentiment. Auction market analysis is about analyzing the data produced by the indicator. All this data is contained in the one indicator."

Unless volume profile tells me all these information, tpo's is far more superior in terms of reading inner market activity. One of the reason I find volume profile more popular is because its easier to understand but with tpo's you have to do more research and you'll find great in depth data supporting the fact.

mladen:
I was looking for it ("inc.mqh") but could not find it. We shall have to ask Tsar or somene else that has it to post it

Maybe these files will help?

doubleR85:
A great quote from a debate about tpo vs volume profile.

"Market profile uses TPOs as a way to organize "data" for Auction Market. Once the data is organized. You then you analyze the your data(TPO's). You don't trade the picture (indicator). TPO counts above & below the (TPO) VA, tell you if there is an imbalance of buyers or sellers. Single print tpos analysis tell you if the auction to the upside or downside is complete. tpo counts above & below value tells you if there is more longer TF participation above & below value. TPO analysis within the IB tells you if trading is dominated in public or institutional control etc. You monitor this market generation data for change and it tells the condition, and sentiment. Auction market analysis is about analyzing the data produced by the indicator. All this data is contained in the one indicator."

Unless volume profile tells me all these information, tpo's is far more superior in terms of reading inner market activity. One of the reason I find volume profile more popular is because its easier to understand but with tpo's you have to do more research and you'll find great in depth data supporting the fact.

I never say that TPO was unless. I use them everyday.

But Volume Profile should be on any charts because :

1) It allows to know what are those prices area which are liked by operators or not

2) It provides REAL resistance/support area by showing price areas where price is rejected or accepted.

We can assume that time = volume. It means that a price level where market stays for long should be a high volume area. Because if price doesnt move, it means that buyers and sellers "neutralize" each other. Demand and supply are "equals". So there is a lot of liquidity and it's hard to take a direction consequently.

But, it is a problem on FX spot where assets are 24/24.

Because you have period like the Asian session or price doesn't move because there is no activitiy at all. As TPO'analyst, you are going to think that is liquidity area because price spends time on this level but it's not. Price stays long not because there is a neutralization of supply/demand, but because there is no activity.

Files:
image1_3.png  12 kb
image1_4.png  23 kb

JMFX:
I never say that TPO was unless. I use them everyday.

But Volume Profile should be on any charts because :

1) It allows to know what are those prices area which are liked by operators or not

2) It provides REAL resistance/support area by showing price areas where price is rejected or accepted.

We can assume that time = volume. It means that a price level where market stays for long should be a high volume area. Because if price doesnt move, it means that buyers and sellers "neutralize" each other. Demand and supply are "equals". So there is a lot of liquidity and it's hard to take a direction consequently.

But, it is a problem on FX spot where assets are 24/24.

Because you have period like the Asian session or price doesn't move because there is no activitiy at all. As TPO'analyst, you are going to think that is liquidity area because price spends time on this level but it's not. Price stays long not because there is a neutralization of supply/demand, but because there is no activity.

I don't want to get into a big fuss about this, I'm not here for that. It all depends which principals you follow Steidlmayer's, Dalton or Jones. I'm just frustrated with the lack of of interests on the subject/proper indicators for both approaches.

Reason: