Market Profile

As I know,some brokers like FXCM provide trial j-chart software for demo

I haven't seen any in MT4.

Market Profile

Hello,

I would like to find a Market Profile or a price histogram that I can overlay onto a bar/candle chart, something similar to the Profile display on this website: http://www.sirtrade.com/market.htm

Thanks in advance,

Nate

J-chart isn't market profile

Just to clarify some things. J-chart is not based on the same principles as market profile. Market profile uses volume and fixed time intervals to locate value areas and points of control. It uses statistical analysis to indicate the distribution of trading activity.

J-chart is time independent and does not use volume at all, only price action. It defines the states of trading activity as either building equilibrium or breaking equilbrium (chaos). The basis is fractal theory and the formation of perfect equilibriums. Anyway suffice it to say that j-chart has nothing to do with market profile and vice versa.

market profile indicator

Files:

thanks for the indicator,

would anyone be able to reprogram the indicator to have options for market profile of the week, of 5min,15min,30min,1hr and 4hr bars

ive found a marketprofile indicator on this site for metatrader

would anyone be able to reprogram the indicator to have options for market profile of the week, of 5min,15min,30min,1hr and 4hr bars thanks

I have not tried Beluck's indicator, or the one posted by abaker, but how would you read something like this?

How would you have a clue as to what it is saying?

J-chart is not the same as market profile.

Esignal EFS file

I have this Market Profile EFS file for eSignal that allows you to select the number of days back to look and then the number of bars forward. It also allows you to select an offset period so that large overlays (ex. 20 days) can be moved forward and viewed without having to scroll back. I am not a programmer, and have no idea how difficult it is to convert this to a Metrader study, but I am posting it if someone is interested. I will copy the code and post it in a word document, and also try to post it as a zip file. I will also post a screen shot from eSignal.

Files:
Reason: