Harmonic Trading - page 522

Have any of you heard of FxGroundworks? Harmonic Trading with FXGroundworks - Alerts, Mentoring, Education for Harmonic Patterns They specialize in harmonic trading. You can learn some major harmonic patterns in their website. If you register, they grant you a harmonic indicator. I was curious about how the indicator works. After some online research, I found and grabbed it. The indicator is apparently based on ZUP, in other words they customized ZUP (I'm not a coder so I don't know how much they recoded it) and renamed as "FxGroundworks Harmonics". It may be just an old version of ZUP but I'd like to share the indicator with you guys. Try it out if you are interested.

Files:

Firecloth:
My initial method of trading harmonic patterns was: after getting an alert, wait for the price to retrace outside of the PRZ, then open an order using S/R levels as SL/TP values. This didn't work, so I changed my entry rule to Fibonacci levels on the logic that there are times when the price appears to retrace only to swing back and push further into the PRZ before making a final retracement.

Unfortunately, even when entering on the Fibonacci levels, I stop out. Inevitably, the price eventually retraces in the anticipated direction and completes the harmonic pattern.

Are there any fast-and-loose rules for entry? S/R lines and Fib levels do not seem to be doing it for me.

Im not sure to completly understanding you , but i think you have quick conclusion that many HP "appears to retrace only to swing back and push further into the PRZ before making a final retracement".No general rules like this...

To avoid this kind of situation have a look on higher timeframe before in trading HP.

On higher timeframe the trend is given...

For example, if you want to enter in a bullish pattern in H1 ,verify before if in H4 or Day the trend is bullish ,that will comfort you on your trade

Idem for bearish pattens...

Can some one give the latest ZUP indicator. Please.

Question about ZUP_V102

Hi all,

I have a question about the ZUP_V102.

I do not how to use this and I have line out in this picture.

Can somebody teach me?

Thanks.

Files:
zup.jpg  32 kb

info_comment - allows to allocate group of parameters for a conclusion of this groups in information line. |

Only 5 groups of parameters.

0 - the group of parameters isn't removed

1 - the group of parameters is removed

Groups of parameters:

1 - information on candles from seniors TF

2 - % of change of a beam for beam tactics

3 - parameters of zigzags

4 - information on the found pattern

5 - a conclusion of calculated values of RL, if the right border RedZone twisted Andrews to carry out on a tangent to the market

Files:
usdchfm15.png  87 kb

@ grandaevus,

when I am setting ExtAlert = true

I get notified every time the pattern in moving a tick it can open 3 alert within 10 seconds(really annoying with the sound)

do you know a solution for this one?

As far as entries are concerned, is it ideal to enter in a supply/demand zone? I have yet to see it for myself, but I have read that sometimes the price exceeds the PRZ before making a D point reversal because it had actually hit a supply/demand zone prior to reversing, which in this case would have been situated beyond the calculated PRZ. I feel like this could be a good filter which doesn't depend on unreliable indicators like RSI or the one that was being passed around here a few pages back, and would maybe reverse the success rate I've been having with harmonics.

Could any one please show a link to find the manual about the latest ZUP indicator. Thanks in advance.

Dear Mladen I recently downloaded this indicator and I would like you to add an alarm function to it whenever a new zigzag leg is formed thanks for you esteemed help in advance.

Files:
zup_v130.ex4  578 kb
Reason: