BrainSystem: Trading System Development and Trades - page 4

As a results of the backtesting this BrainTrading idea is the following:

- we do not need to filter any signals trading on M15 timeframe;

- all we need is to trade not in contradiction with the main direction of the market.

If we program this system to work on M15 timeframe will we receive good results?

Probably not.

Why?

Because if we have the signal from Braintrading system to open the order we will look on the next bar which was opened and not closed yet: if this next bar is changing the color all the time we will not open the order.

EA will.

I think it is possible to program but very very difficult.

It was M15 timeframe.

More to follow about H1 or H4 itmeframes.

Well. I was reading the Ross Trading books and decided to continue with M15 timeframe.

In BrainTrading manual it was stated that this system is more accurate for more higher timeframe. It means it is better to use it for H1 than M15 for example. I did not observe about it.

So, let's continue with M15.

Besides, I used H4 timeframe for the confirmation of the M15 signals and did not received good and stable results.

Total conclusion for M15 timeframe:

- we do not use any filter or any confirmation of the direction.

- if we use more higher timeframe to confirm the direction we may lose big profit because of the retracement/reversal of the market. It is not affecting on the losses: we will not loss anything. We will lose some trades with big profit only. Because of that if we want to confirm the signals on more higher timeframe we must do it on opened bar that is we are trading on the full bar rules on M15 and confirming the signals on H1 opened bar.

So, for M15 timeframe we may trade as is (using BrainTrading rules only), or we may use H1 confirmation as well.

I finished with USDJPY M15.

And the results are the following:

- minus (-) 39 p from 15th.11 14:00 till 21.11 00:45. Full bar rules. System as is (no confirmation and filter).

- +49 with confirmation on H1 timeframe.

All good trades were at night alpari server's time (when I am sleeping).

Conclusion for the 3 pairs:

- USDJPY: -39 with no confirmation;

+49 with H1 confirmation.

- USDCHF: +232 with no confirmation;

+283 with H1 confirmation.

- GBPUSD: +199 with no confirmation;

+80 with H1 confirmation.

All good trades were:

- at night Alpari server's time for USDJPY;

- in the morning for USDCHF;

- in the evening for GBPUSD.

General conclusion. It is necessary to use confirmation on H1 timeframe when we are (Brain)trading on M15. We will be in profit even if the market condittion is very noisy (as for USDJPY and GBPUSD in that time).

That's all folks.

Thanks!

may I be the first to say thanks for all of your hard work. I am going to study your results and try to emulate them personally.

Cheers,

Frank.

Same here, I really appreciate all your hardwork Newdigital.

Because of your posts in this thread, I printed out the braintrading manual to get a better understanding of this startegy and see if I can get the same results as you.

Wish me luck

I surmise that the results will depends on the broker. I mean the confirmation on the more higher timeframe. People who will use this BrainTrading system should estimate which timeframe is the better for confirmation. Because for USDCHF M15 the retracement is going simultaniously with H1 timegrame. May be it is for Alpari broker only. For an other broker you should estimate it and may be you will confirm M15 signals by M30 or H4 timeframe. I think it is up to the broker.

sadaloma:
Same here, I really appreciate all your hardwork Newdigital.

Because of your posts in this thread, I printed out the braintrading manual to get a better understanding of this startegy and see if I can get the same results as you.

Wish me luck

I was not hard work. I tested on the historical data only.

Now is had work: I am doing forward test of this system during the two days already on demo account and I want to say the following.

Yes. It is possible to work on M15 timeframe confirming the signals on H1. But difficult. But possible. But very difficult because the confirmation signals are coming too late.

I will try to trade on H1 confirming the signals by M15.

Hi Newdigital

Save yourself a lot of work.

Just put the Ravi Fisher on .

Martin

Files:
Reason: