Harmonic Trading - page 520

Waltpips: Got it working, it was most likely my patience missing.

It is a nice little beast, well thought over.

The introductory entry on forward testing on H1 gold was a big time winner in very short time!

Thanks a lot, I will continue testing it.

lobogabor:
Waltpips, I did see in the EA manual, that it is supposed to work in Strat Tester, but for whatever reason it is not opening trades. It does work fine a thze demo in forward mode. Any idea what I am missing in the tester?

Since you can only test one pair at the time it can take a while before the EA opens any trades especially on the higher time frames. On H4 it could as well trade only a few times on a whole year.

waltpips:
Since you can only test one pair at the time it can take a while before the EA opens any trades especially on the higher time frames. On H4 it could as well trade only a few times on a whole year.

waltpips,

1. Do I understand correctly it will only open one trade at a time on the demo, even if I place it on 27-30 graphs?

2. So if I wanted to use it as a "monitor" in semi-automatic mode as you suggested, I should deny all the trades in order to get other notifications?

3. I have placed it on #CLQ3 which is oil on my demo platform - while a beautiful gold short was running by the robot, it has popped up the notification, asking if could trade a pattern on oil, and any time I clicked OK, it kept popping up again and again, finally I had to remove the EA from #CLQ3... is it a bug, or is it it due to semi-automatic mode, whereas the conditions were met every so often, but could not enter additional trade?

4. Need advice .. what to set to have test running lets say only for Gartley and Bat separately?

and the other side... what to set if I want it to trade all the patterns in lets say ZUP v135ALL?

5. A strange thing, I have placed it on 2 demo accounts with the same broker... it has opened a trade on eurusd on one (nice profit already ), but not on the other. My guess, is that I have only changed the manual confirmation (semi-auto) mode only...but not 100% sure, my question is, would that be possible to happen if parameters are the same?

6. Since you have test data already from forward testing, as well as, from real trades... could you share the potential pit falls? When can it go wrong, what are the best tactics to avoid those situations?

I have written and tested a lot of EAs and even the best ones had situations when problems were coming, so I guess, this one would not be different either...

Thanks a lot for your support!

Well-done guys. Can someone please explain how to interpret the patterns? I mean patterns formed from any of the zup indicators. I do not understand the numbers on the lines. Also, what pattern has the highest probability i.e. among gartley, butterfly and ab = cd, which has the highest hit rate. Thanks.

funayot:
Well-done guys. Can someone please explain how to interpret the patterns? I mean patterns formed from any of the zup indicators. I do not understand the numbers on the lines. Also, what pattern has the highest probability i.e. among gartley, butterfly and ab = cd, which has the highest hit rate. Thanks.

Funayot: I would suggest search the internet. This site, as well as some others, do have real good description. Carney has 2-3 books published, you could read as well.

If you go back in this thread I think you can also find the "non-traditional" or newer pattern definitions from Porichik, related with ZUP indicator.

Just numbers and fibonacci ratios... the harmonic trading of the market..that is step one in your jurney.

Funayot: This is one of the best sites I found for harmonic trading, but there are others too to look at:

Trading Strategies | Day Trading | Trading Education - Jason stepleton, good training for harmonics, youtube as well

Harmonic Trading - Trade Gartley Pattern or

Market Geometry & Harmonic Patterns - I do not like the attitude of some people there, but still a valuable site..

and finally the great Carney the harmonic trader site:

Welcome to Harmonic Trader - The Official Harmonic Trading Website - this one is rather commercial, but you can find resources there as well.

lobogabor:
waltpips,

1. Do I understand correctly it will only open one trade at a time on the demo, even if I place it on 27-30 graphs?

2. So if I wanted to use it as a "monitor" in semi-automatic mode as you suggested, I should deny all the trades in order to get other notifications?

3. I have placed it on #CLQ3 which is oil on my demo platform - while a beautiful gold short was running by the robot, it has popped up the notification, asking if could trade a pattern on oil, and any time I clicked OK, it kept popping up again and again, finally I had to remove the EA from #CLQ3... is it a bug, or is it it due to semi-automatic mode, whereas the conditions were met every so often, but could not enter additional trade?

4. Need advice .. what to set to have test running lets say only for Gartley and Bat separately?

and the other side... what to set if I want it to trade all the patterns in lets say ZUP v135ALL?

5. A strange thing, I have placed it on 2 demo accounts with the same broker... it has opened a trade on eurusd on one (nice profit already ), but not on the other. My guess, is that I have only changed the manual confirmation (semi-auto) mode only...but not 100% sure, my question is, would that be possible to happen if parameters are the same?

6. Since you have test data already from forward testing, as well as, from real trades... could you share the potential pit falls? When can it go wrong, what are the best tactics to avoid those situations?

I have written and tested a lot of EAs and even the best ones had situations when problems were coming, so I guess, this one would not be different either...

Thanks a lot for your support!

1. No, you got that wrong. You can run only one pair in the Strategy Tester. On a demo account (or real account) you can hang it on as many pairs as you want. The only limit in opening trades is the "MaxRisk" parameter: it will open no more trades if this MaxRisk is reached.

2. NO you don't have to deny all the trades. See answer #1.

3. You have probably loaded a ZUP while the parameter "AutoLoadZUP" = "true" which will load the ZUP in the background. (it will then not show up in the indicator list). So you probably got two ZUPs loaded hence the many pop ups.

4. See page 14 and 15 of the User Guide. If you want to trade only the Gartley, you set "AutoLoadZUP" = "true" (default) and do NOT load another ZUP manually. Next you set "SelectPattern" to "7" and set "visiblePattern" to "100000000000000000000000". Each "1" in the sequence is a pattern.

If you want to trade all the patterns in lets say ZUP v135ALL, you set "AutoLoadZUP" = "false" and drag your zup on the chart. The only condition for the ZUP is that it draws the triangles and the PRZ or the EA will not trade. If using another ZUP you may also want to check the objects on the chart and adjust the settings in the EA as explained on page 14 (bottom)

5. You probably have different settings somewhere. However, only 1 point difference can make all the difference.

6. The biggest pit fall is if a pair is strongly trending for a long time as is obvious for a reversal strategy which harmonic patterns are. You could set the EA (common tab of the EA settings window) to trade only in the direction of the trend or shut it down temporarily.

Thanks lobogabor

lobogabor:
Funayot: I would suggest search the internet. This site, as well as some others, do have real good description. Carney has 2-3 books published, you could read as well.

If you go back in this thread I think you can also find the "non-traditional" or newer pattern definitions from Porichik, related with ZUP indicator.

Just numbers and fibonacci ratios... the harmonic trading of the market..that is step one in your jurney.

anelef:
Hi All

Im a bit new to trading Harmonics but Im slowly gaining a lot of useful knowledge based on the inputs of Poruchik, Grandaevus and RyuShin. With that being said ..... Grandaevus do you mind sharing the following settings on your ZUP 113 wsv63:

- GrossPeriod: ?? "6000"

- MinimumPercentage: ?? "0.0"

- ExtMaxBar: ?? "6600"

- FibonacciDeviation:?? "0.06"

- LegLengthDeviation:?? "0.07"

- TimeDeviation:?? "0.1"

- MaxDepth:?? "95"

- DirectionOfSearchMaxMin: ?? "False"

All of the above values in RED are my current settings. Based on the current settings Im not getting alerts on patterns that you have uploaded here on the forum. Can you assist me with your settings ???

Thanks

Anele

All default values except DirectionOfSearchMaxMin = false;

I have question about ABCD pattern ,how to get position with this pattern because at pic zup alert in three percent 127,161,261.8 and pattern was appear !!!!!!

Files:
a.jpg  29 kb
Reason: