Harmonic Trading - page 52

IDK:
is this a legimate bearish butterfly pattern...

IDK,

If B retraces 61.8% of XA, I look for a Gartley and only Gartley (and consider it as failed, if price breaks the PRZ.

If B retraces 78.6% of XA, I look for a butterfly only.

In your butterfly example, B retraces 61.8% and therefore is NOT a perfect pattern. Personally, I do not trade those (another reason, why I do not trade EUR short is shown below). Maybe some do, I don't know, would be interesting to see their winning rate on those "unperfect" patterns.

Here is the reason, why I would not go short EUR at the moment (might be wrong, of course):

A bullish bat combined with a bullish butterfly on USDCHF

Files:
chf.jpg  145 kb

Esbee:
IDK,

If B retraces 61.8% of XA, I look for a Gartley and only Gartley (and consider it as failed, if price breaks the PRZ.

In your butterfly example, B retraces 61.8% and therefore is NOT a perfect pattern. Personally, I do not trade those (another reason, why I do not trade EUR short is shown below). Maybe some do, I don't know, would be interesting to see their winning rate on those "unperfect" patterns.

Here is the reason, why I would not go short EUR at the moment (might be wrong, of course):

Hi,

in my opinion both signal confirm one at onother.(USDCHF long,EURUSD short)

Cheers.

ShadowWz:
Hi,

in my opinion both signal confirm one at onother.(USDCHF long,EURUSD short)

Cheers.

We'll see, I think EURUSD goes 30-40 pips higher

Esbee:
IDK,

thanks...one of the reasons why i thought this might be a butterfly was in a table put up by Kamyar...it appears that a butterfly can have B retrace 61.8% even 88.6% as well as 78.6%...i've attached the chart...i agree with ShadowWz...same direction...

Files:
refrence.gif  18 kb

elihayun:
My indicator find out the same points, but my calculation are different. see attachment. Are u guys change the calculation if it is close enough to the harmonic number? and if so, how u define "close enough"? I added the indicator itself to answer another question in the forum.

i like your indicator...your calculations are exact...i've been rounding my measurements...no real system to determine how close is close enough...do you only trade when you have exact ratios...

IDK:
i like your indicator...your calculations are exact...i've been rounding my measurements...no real system to determine how close is close enough...do you only trade when you have exact ratios...

Thanks. I didn't start trade using harmony numbers. I just started to learn it. I read the book by Larry Pesavento and of course reading all post here . As far as I see, it is good to trade in 4H or more to get good results.

IDK:
thanks...one of the reasons why i thought this might be a butterfly was in a table put up by Kamyar...it appears that a butterfly can have B retrace 61.8% even 88.6% as well as 78.6%...i've attached the chart...i agree with ShadowWz...same direction...

IDK, I do not say that a leg B in a butterfly cannot retrace 61.8% of XA. But, my problem was to find a filter to try to find a way to know in advance wether we will have a Gartley or a butterfly. It appears that the B retracement rule is reliable and that most of the time it is better to wait for a butterfly on a 78.6% and a gartley on a 61.8%. Of course, I miss many valid trades too, but it increases my winning ratio. Win% is the most important to me (with r/r, of course) as I am primarily a defensive trader.

Esbee:
IDK, I do not say that a leg B in a butterfly cannot retrace 61.8% of XA. But, my problem was to find a filter to try to find a way to know in advance wether we will have a Gartley or a butterfly. It appears that the B retracement rule is reliable and that most of the time it is better to wait for a butterfly on a 78.6% and a gartley on a 61.8%. Of course, I miss many valid trades too, but it increases my winning ratio. Win% is the most important to me (with r/r, of course) as I am primarily a defensive trader.

hi esbee

u do definietly right.i agree with u.by respecting the harmonic tarding rules we may miss some trades but as u said with the filter(retracment of B)we can avoid many losses.

Reason: