Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 581

Thanks so much as always mr. tools... you're work and good nature is the very best!!

Files:
thankyou.jpg  46 kb

mrtools:
Shilox, made it mtf as far as making a bullish/bearish inside bar as far as I am aware of, it isn't possible.

Thank you MrTools.

ok... mkts open and have had first glimpse/test of Mikko MTF Candle w/ alert...

it appears it may be alerting only 'twice',

both times at the start of a new mikko tf/candle...

once at the 'first high'...

once at the 'first low'...

no other alerts as it starts oscillating successive hi's and lo's within that candle.

The 15M Mikko is installed on a 1M chart.

What I was hoping for was a chime per each price action bump against each NEW high or NEW lo.. within that (15M) Mikko candle.

I'm going to play with it in different tf's... but that's some feedback so far. Cheers,

G.

goldenequity:
ok... mkts open and have had first glimpse/test of Mikko MTF Candle w/ alert...

it appears it may be alerting only 'twice',

both times at the start of a new mikko tf/candle...

once at the 'first high'...

once at the 'first low'...

no other alerts as it starts oscillating successive hi's and lo's within that candle.

The 15M Mikko is installed on a 1M chart.

What I was hoping for was a chime per each price action bump against each NEW high or NEW lo.. within that (15M) Mikko candle.

I'm going to play with it in different tf's... but that's some feedback so far. Cheers,

G.

Am testing it think it may be fixed but market so quiet now hard to tell but once verified will post.

goldenequity:
cool... appreciate that.

one other thing... perhaps un'fixable'..

as you can see from original post & sample chart...

I have the indicator installed/layered X 3 to give 3 appearing Mikko(s) 15M, 4H & D1...

in order of installation... they were layered:

240(4H), then 1440(D1) and finally 15(15M).

They were installed w/ 3 different 'sound' alerts to differentiate each.

so far...

I have not 'heard' anything from the first 2 (4H,D1)...

only the 15M (last installed/top layer) is alerting as described above.

Goldenequity, from what I'm seeing is the channel is continually drawing as a new high and low are happening, so not sure how to get consistent and accurate alerts for that, this attempt is probably the closest I can get for now unless I can think of anything else, on this version there is a setting alertsOnHighLow it means alerts should happen when the high or low crosses the upper/lower channel otherwise will be alerting when closes upper/lower channel.

mrtools:
Am testing it think it may be fixed but market so quiet now hard to tell but once verified will post.

cool... appreciate that.

one other thing... perhaps un'fixable'..

as you can see from original post & sample chart...

I have the indicator installed/layered X 3 to give 3 appearing Mikko(s) 15M, 4H & D1...

in order of installation... they were layered:

240(4H), then 1440(D1) and finally 15(15M).

They were installed w/ 3 different 'sound' alerts to differentiate each.

so far...

I have not 'heard' anything from the first 2 (4H,D1)...

only the 15M (last installed/top layer) is alerting as described above.

Update:

Yes! I 'heard' from the 4H Mikko just now at the start of the new 4H candle..

so...

the layered indicators will sound alerts independent of one another. Nice.

mrtools:
Goldenequity, from what I'm seeing is the channel is continually drawing as a new high and low are happening, so not sure how to get consistent and accurate alerts for that, this attempt is probably the closest I can get for now unless I can think of anything else, on this version there is a setting alertsOnHighLow it means alerts should happen when the high or low crosses the upper/lower channel otherwise will be alerting when closes upper/lower channel.

thx mr tools.... I will give it a try... appreciate as always.. and will give feedback tomorrow.:)

mladen:
Koplak Here is a CCI version with a non lag ma filter added. Here is an example of a CCI with 15 period non lag ma applied to prices before they are used in calculation. If you wish to turn the filtering off, set the NonLagMaFilterPeriod to < 3

Dear Mladen

How the results when it filtered for a second time with a Gaussian filter. Many thanks for your help

Best Regards

Koplak

koplak:
Dear Mladen

How the results when it filtered for a second time with a Gaussian filter. Many thanks for your help

Best Regards

Koplak

Koplak

Adding another filter would add lag (if I understand the question correctly)

mrtools:

latest alert version still gives an alert at the start of a new mikko...

but after that... nothing much.

The 'concept' is good one: alerting on successive higher/highs... lower/lows

but coding it is problematic I'm sure...

The 'goal' was to alert me when the price action was bumping the Daily Hi/Lo...

and the same with bumping each 4H Hi/Lo..

it's what I do anyway...

but the alerts would help with the long periods of 'monitoring' for the 'moments' of entry/exit.

If it could be accomplished with a completely different indicator... that would work too.

The only thought I had was when alerts (coding) is linked to color changes...

I know there is no 'color change' involved in the Mikko... but the 'concept' may help

trigger a different coding solution from another angle of thought.

as always... I appreciate your thoughts/ideas and effort on this.

Cheers

G.

Reason: