Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 175

"MAIN signal line above/below Slow signal line"

are you using two signal lines? but not double-smooze macd?

could you show on the chart what's the idea?

Hi

Yeah its a hybrid of the GMACD2 and the MTF MACDX indicators

so the bars are green if the Macd Fast > Macd Slow on each TF

and red vice versa

I wanted to have the bars showing in 6 TFs

Is this do-able?

Files:
gmacd2.mq4  17 kb
3mtfmacdx.mq4  6 kb

rolange:
I've been attempting to modify the MACD MTF Bar indicator in two ways but can't seem to make it work. Any help much appreciated!!!!

1. Add the timeframes displayed to 5 min and daily as well as the existing 15,30,H1,H4

2. Use MAIN signal line above/below Slow signal line to colour the bars rather than the Main > than 0

You have three main problems with the way tht this indicator is written.

1. You haven't declared in the init section the num ber of buffers you are going to use.

2. You are using 12 buffers wheres MT4 only allows 8.

3. YOu are taking into account the time frame differences. That when displaying on a 5 minute chart the 15 minute TF is made up of three bars. So these 3 bars must be the same (ie stretched). At present each bar would be a value to a higher TF bar.

I will post an MTF MACD indicator that displays at the bottom of the chart, but allows correct MTF viewing of the MACD.

Cheers,

Hiachiever.

rolange:
Hi

Yeah its a hybrid of the GMACD2 and the MTF MACDX indicators

so the bars are green if the Macd Fast > Macd Slow on each TF

and red vice versa

I wanted to have the bars showing in 6 TFs

Is this do-able?

Due to buffer problems (Ie limit of 8) You can only have 6 TF's showing if you split your indicator into two seperate indicators. Also to display 6 TF's all as bars on the chart would be an absolute mess (this is why others haven't done it before). The best option and the one most widely used is the 3MTFMACDX approach of displaying a line for each Tf in one indicator.

If you want to modify 3MTFMACDX to display different TF's then you will need to modify so that you can have the user enter the desired TF's and then display twice. One for Higher TF's and one for Lower TF's.

Cheers,

Hiachiever

Thanks for your two posts above

I have even less of a clue than I did before

I have too little programming ability to do something as advanced as this I see

didn't know there was a buffer limit

not that it would have made any difference as I was barking up the wrong tree from the off it seems like

so the way to proceed is with the same indicator twice in two sep windows?

I presume 1 window D1, H4, H1

and the other window M5,M15,M30,

is it still possible to make a bar indicator using the conditions of GMACD (the fast EMA above slow EMA 0)?

thank you for your help

right, plane and simple - just use two indis (4+4 = 8timeframes)

(you can find planty MTF MACD Bars in this thread - choose any you like)

f-la for Macd in g-macd:

double macd_M1=iMACD(NULL,PERIOD_M1,FastEMA,SlowEMA,SignalSMA,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0);

double macd_MM1=iMACD(NULL,PERIOD_M1,FastEMA,SlowEMA,SignalSMA,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_SIGNAL,0);

trend criteria:

if ((macd_M5 > macd_MM5) && (macd_M1 > macd_MM1)) { trend_signal = "TREND/UP"; color_signal = Lime;}

//Down Data

if ((macd_M5 < macd_MM5) && (macd_M1 < macd_MM1)) { trend_signal = "TREND/DN"; color_signal = Red; }

//Consolidation Data

if ((macd_M5 macd_MM1)) { trend_signal = "SIDEWAY"; color_signal = Orange; }

if ((macd_M5 > macd_MM5) && (macd_M1 < macd_MM1)) { trend_signal = "SIDEWAY"; color_signal = Orange; }

plain in English -

macd line >signal line = up or (osma>0)

macd < sig =down

if M1tf up and M5tf up - Trend Up

if all down - trend down

everything else - sideways

So - rules (algorithm) classical - same to all macds

if you use mtf Bar indi: colors much - go; doesn't - NOGO

Mtf Macd

rolange:
Thanks for your two posts above

I have even less of a clue than I did before

I have too little programming ability to do something as advanced as this I see

didn't know there was a buffer limit

not that it would have made any difference as I was barking up the wrong tree from the off it seems like

so the way to proceed is with the same indicator twice in two sep windows?

I presume 1 window D1, H4, H1

and the other window M5,M15,M30,

is it still possible to make a bar indicator using the conditions of GMACD (the fast EMA above slow EMA 0)?

thank you for your help

Rolange,

The answers to your two questions, are Yes and Yes.

Yes you will need to split into 2 windows. 1 Window D1, H4, H1 other the other half.

And yes. It is possible to display bar indicator for GMACD.

If I have time I will post some more details.

Cheers,

Hiachiever

Mtf Macd

Hi Rolange,

Attached are two indicators that you may find useful.

The first is one personally developed by me. It is a MTF MACD indicator. It is similar to GMACD in that you can display Mutliple Time Frames. The difference with mine is that you can display an unlimited number of time frames.

The way that is accomplished is as follows:

1. Drag #MTF-MACD onto your chart. In the TimeFrame field enter the lowest TimeFrame you want to display. Eg 1 for 1 minute, 5 for 5 minutes etc. and Click OK.

2. Drag the #MTF_MACD indciator on top of the newly created window for the first Time frame. Enter in another TF, and then this time change the VertShift value to 2. Click Ok.

3. Keep repeating Step 2. Noting that VertShift needs to keep moving up by 1. If you don't increase this number by 1 then the displays will overlap.

My version also has full alerts already built in (Audio, Text, e-Mail), you can choose between using the Signal Lines, or the Histogram, and has four colours built in. Strong Up, Weak Up, Strong Down, Weak Down.

You are getting a first class indicator here, as I originally had something like this programmed at a cost of $180 US (3 hours work at $60/hr).

I have attached a template with it already setup and showing M5 through to D1.

The second indicator allows you to display Bar Colour according to ADX values. This could easily be modified to show MACD values. I don't have time, so it could be a good project for you.

All the best,

Hiachiever.

Files:
mtf-macd.mq4  12 kb
adxbars.mq4  4 kb
mtf-macd.tpl  9 kb

Stochs multi time frame HELP

Can anyone build me multi time frame stoch indicator 1m 5m15m30m 1hr and 4hr 6 different line, diff colors. thank you

MTF Stochastic

MightyPIP:
Can anyone build me multi time frame stoch indicator 1m 5m15m30m 1hr and 4hr 6 different line, diff colors. thank you

Hi MightyPip,

I have just modified the MTF MACD indicator from the previous post from MACD to Stoch. This indicator will do exactly as you require, though as per my previous post you will need to load the indicator 6 times to get the desired outcome. Before anyone asks the indicator has been created this way as I have found by keeping seperate instacnes for each TF, it is far less CPU intensive.

I have attached a template with the indciator already preloaded with the 6 TF's (M5 to D1). Or to add to preexisting charts follow these simple instructions.

1. Drag #MTF-Stoch onto your chart. In the TimeFrame field enter the lowest TimeFrame you want to display. Eg 1 for 1 minute, 5 for 5 minutes etc. and Click OK.

2. Drag the #MTF_Stoch indciator on top of the newly created window for the first Time frame. Enter in another TF, and then this time change the VertShift value to 2. Click Ok.

3. Keep repeating Step 2. Noting that VertShift needs to keep moving up by 1. If you don't increase this number by 1 then the displays will overlap.

This version has full alerts already built in (Audio, Text, e-Mail), and a four colour schedme for Up Trend, Down trend, Overbought, Oversold.

You are getting a first class indicator here, as I originally had something very similar to this programmed at a cost of $180 US (3 hours work at $60/hr).

All the best,

Hiachiever

Files:
mtf-stoch.mq4  11 kb
mtf-stoch.tpl  9 kb
euroh4.gif  9 kb
Reason: