Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 178

hiachiever:
zakgreen,

I have worked out why I am not seeing anything but 4 vertical lines. This indicator is referencing another called "_i_FXGaugeMAs". Without this indicator to show how everything is constructed the first is of no use.

Please post ""_i_FXGaugeMAs.mq4" file, and I will take a look at it for you.

Also as the way that you are trading this set of indicators is approx 70% successful, if you can summarise your rules I will look at programming an alert into the FXGauge indicator.

Cheers,

Hiachiever.

hi

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173744

As Requested

oh, thanks a lot, that would be really appreciated.

i attach both indiactors for you to look at.

you will see that the lme green & brown m.a's correspond with the coloured horizontals on the respective timeframes.

ie. 1 min chart sma's correspond to the left hand column

5 min chart sma's to the second colum from the left and so-on.

the basic rules are as follows.

from the one minute chart, sma's (coloured horizontals) should all be below the price (green) for longs, and above the price (red) for shorts, and staggered in the correct order, with 1 min leading the way

the perfect set-up is when the hoizontals are closely packed together.

lets say if the 1min was at 108.95, 5min at 108.85,15min at 108.75 and hourly at 108.65 for example, this would ndicate a move to ythe upside.

so, as far as an alert goes - which would be great - guess you'd like the thing to warn you that all ma's are within a certain disance from each other.

maybe an idea would be to have a max. distance between 1-5m, 5-15m, 15-60m, whch could be changeable.

maybe if it were possible to overlay 21 & 34 & 50 period sma's for 5,15 and 60 minute charts on a one minute chart it might make it easier for backtesting.

do you have anything like that?

on this video, about 10 mins in s a thing they call the set-up meter. i don't know exactly ther settings but it's a similat thing to what 've just spoken about with all lines within a pre-determined range FXMoneyMap webinar

i hope ths gives you some ammunition.

many thanks for the great work

Files:
fxgauge.zip  7 kb
moneymap.gif  115 kb

just an idea:

we know, it would be great to be able to see from higher tf what's going on at lower tf, but all our mtf formulas working "up", but not down (doesn't rescales down)

but if Metatrader treats objects differently (we can see trendlines put in Lower TFs from Higher TFs) - we can built lets say MACD bar from objects (trendlibnes)

in attach: osma signal bar built with objects (with trendlines and by hands (we can put dots- doesn't metter) - just to show what i mean)

sure, 1Hbar would "cut-off" 4 15M bars (12 5Mbars) with the signals respectively, but charts shows -it still might work...

Q.: does anyone already tried to do something similar?

Files:

There is no attachment. Can you post this MTF bar indicator, please?

fxbs:
just an idea:

we know, it would be great to be able to see from higher tf what's going on at lower tf, but all our mtf formulas working "up", but not down (doesn't rescales down)

but if Metatrader treats objects differently (we can see trendlines put in Lower TFs from Higher TFs) - we can built lets say MACD bar from objects (trendlibnes)

in attach: osma signal bar built with objects (with trendlines and by hands (we can put dots- doesn't metter) - just to show what i mean)

sure, 1Hbar would "cut-off" 4 15M bars (12 5Mbars) with the signals respectively, but charts shows -it still might work...

Q.: does anyone already tried to do something similar?

Any offers? Or can't this be done?

1966simon1966:
Can anybody turn this into a MTF indicator?

Or is there one floating around that i haven't seen?

Cheers

The file is attached to my last post

who can help me covert this inidcator to MTF one?

hi, everyone

I am apprecicatted if who can help me covert this inidcator to MTF one?

the indicator as follows.

Files:

See if that helps.

Files:

Thank you a million

TheRumpledOne:

See if that helps.

Increase and TheRumpledOne .

Thank you a million , I have a try.

Hercules

hercules18:
hi, everyone

I am apprecicatted if who can help me covert this inidcator to MTF one?

the indicator as follows.

Try this out

Made slight change to alert

Files:

increase:
Try this out Made slight change to alert

hi, Increase! diff ini?

=iCustom(Symbol(),TimeFrame,"ASCTrend_Sound-1"

ASCTrend_Sound.mq4 (6.2 KB,

hows you zigzags research (remember, little while ago)

any findings, thoughts?

Reason: