Discussion - page 24

Price Cross and Time Frame

Which time frame should I use for Price Cross? Thanks.

Yoda_Glenn:
Which time frame should I use for Price Cross? Thanks.

H1 with defaul't settings. Before using this EA please look at the forward testing results first (in weekly performance thread) and on the statements). If I remember this EA is good for USDCHF pair.

Rar

rar is very sensitive to the version that you are using. If anyone has problems with rar files, get the latest stable winrar from here:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Look about 1/3 of the way down for English WinRAR and RAR release, or for Localized WinRAR versions right underneath the English. 3.51 is currently the latest (and it has been out a while), but if you don't use RAR a lot, you may have an old version.

You may be thinking "why RAR, isn't zip a lot easier for everyone?" Well, RAR has much better compression than ZIP, which is why a lot of people use it. Especially when you are paying for disk space and bandwidth.

Anyway, just thought someone might be interested in that info...

Anatomy of an EA

Hi folks, am new to EA's but from reading many posts, here is what I have come up with:

1) All EA's seem to follow a certain structure.

2) Part 1 is declarations. All variables,defines, "double", "int", "extern", "bool" appear there.

3) Next comes Order tracking and entry. Buy, sell, Hold, Close. Trailing

stops, fixed stops are handled here.

4) Money managemenr is the next to make sure you don't lose your shirt in one or two trades.

5) Then comes the entry/exit algorithm. This I feel is the most important part of any EA. Most seem to use crossing MA's as triggers.

It would be nice if some skilled Coders could write the code for each part individually so that non-skilled coders could use those "building nlocks" in their own efforts. I would suggest that the algorithm part would best be left to the final coder.

Any takers?

Pipsqueak2

pipsqueak2:
Hi folks, am new to EA's but from reading many posts, here is what I have come up with:

2) Part 1 is declarations. All variables,defines, "double", "int", "extern", "bool" appear there.

4) Money managemenr is the next to make sure you don't lose your shirt in one or two trades.

5) Then comes the entry/exit algorithm. This I feel is the most important part of any EA. Most seem to use crossing MA's as triggers.

It would be nice if some skilled Coders could write the code for each part individually so that non-skilled coders could use those "building nlocks" in their own efforts. I would suggest that the algorithm part would best be left to the final coder.

Any takers?

Pipsqueak2

Check out ProfitGenerator.... I coded it with that in mind so that it could remain a community project. It's modular in the since that you can plug in your own algorithm into the trade signal.

pipsqueak2:

Any takers?

Pipsqueak2

It is templates to create EAs.

You may look at this elite page for almost all the links: i am updating this page almost every day.

As to templates so it is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173059

trading eas manually

When I download the EA...where do I download it to?

Can I manually trade the ea?

Are the rules of every EA posted or are some of them "black box"?

RickW00716:
When I download the EA...where do I download it to?

Can I manually trade the ea?

Are the rules of every EA posted or are some of them "black box"?

For most of them - yes: there are indicators to trade manually or EAs were developed inside this forum. Most of them.

Hey there! I'd like to test this Firebird with timefilter EA, since it appears to be leading on many pairs in Total Leaders thread. Now, as far as I could see I need the Firebird from this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15 . Right? So, I assume I need:

1. Firebird v065tf.mq4

2. m30tf.zip

Now, where do I put the .set file from that .zip? I mean, I've done a search inside my MT catalog, and the only place with .set files seems to be the \symbolsets\ folder. There however, .set files are in totally different format, simply with currency pairs listed inside. So where do I put this .set?

Any ideas on those or do I need anything else to have out "Total Leader" ready for testing?

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

It is pre-set file (file with the settings of EA).

Place it in pre-sets folder (for example: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\presets ). During the attaching EA to the chart press "Load' in EA's navigation panel and select this pre-set file.

The better performance now is having the EAs based on breakout trading systems: easyLMA_v6, Envelope 2.11, SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert EA and TradersPowerExpert_v1.2.

Besides trend follower's EAs may perform very good as well: StepMAExpert EAs, Mandarine (some pairs; because this EA is based on one signal indicator only) and so on.

Besides, some "news EAs" may perform very good (for example qq EA).

Reason: