Discussion - page 25

Diam0nd:
Hey there! I'd like to test this Firebird with timefilter EA, since it appears to be leading on many pairs in Total Leaders thread. Now, as far as I could see I need the Firebird from this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15 . Right? So, I assume I need:

1. Firebird v065tf.mq4

2. m30tf.zip

Now, where do I put the .set file from that .zip? I mean, I've done a search inside my MT catalog, and the only place with .set files seems to be the \symbolsets\ folder. There however, .set files are in totally different format, simply with currency pairs listed inside. So where do I put this .set?

Any ideas on those or do I need anything else to have out "Total Leader" ready for testing?

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

Hi Diam0nd.

Just a hint for your choice... FB EA need really deep pockets and steel nerves...

;-)

dswk:
Hi Diam0nd.

Just a hint for your choice... FB EA need really deep pockets and steel nerves...

;-)

Ohh yeah? In that case FB is definately not for me. Now guys, is there an ea which is:

1. Not risky.

2. Meant for trading with small deposit (less than 500 USD)

3. Profitable (I dont mean mega profits, moderate profitability is just fine)

Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply, newdigital

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

Diam0nd:
Ohh yeah? In that case FB is definately not for me. Now guys, is there an ea which is:

1. Not risky.

2. Meant for trading with small deposit (less than 500 USD)

3. Profitable (I dont mean mega profits, moderate profitability is just fine)

Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply, newdigital

FB is a counter-trend EA... means, when the market go UP, it will SELL and take profit on retracement. If retracement exist :-) Look those days... +600 pips in 2 weeks... same direction : The North...

FB in this type of market will burn your account ($500)... let say ... hum.. 2 or 3 days. no more.

I like this EA on a range market.(lot of trades, near 90% winners) but it's a killer account in a trending market.

For others ideas ?

I will say : check into this forum.

NewDigital have already make a kind of ranking for some EA. "High Risk / Medium Risk / Low Risk".

(Perhaps it's will be more efficient to create a special Ranking Thread for EA NewDigital ?)

dswk:
FB is a counter-trend EA... means, when the market go UP, it will SELL and take profit on retracement. If retracement exist :-) Look those days... +600 pips in 2 weeks... same direction : The North...

FB in this type of market will burn your account ($500)... let say ... hum.. 2 or 3 days. no more.

I like this EA on a range market.(lot of trades, near 90% winners) but it's a killer account in a trending market.

For others ideas ?

I will say : check into this forum.

NewDigital have already make a kind of ranking for some EA. "High Risk / Medium Risk / Low Risk".

(Perhaps it's will be more efficient to create a special Ranking Thread for EA NewDigital ?)

A lot of threads in elite section. I don't want for this elite section to be the same with public forum. I am sorting everything and merge the threads ... So it is the better to keep everything in one place/thread. Or just move this discussion to real accounts' thread.

But low risk = low pips. So if low risk (means low pips) so money management should be the main sibject in those EAs.

i want discuss this one

the terminator, goblin, 10points3 are martingale EAs

i think about another form of Moneymanagment:

with an indicator we open a position p.e. at

1.3150 eur/usd buy TP 1.3160 with 0.1 lots; when it reached +10pips

if eur/usd goes in wrong direction we sell at 1.3140 2 times with 0.1 lots, TP 1.3130. when it reached +10pips.

if e/u goes again to 1.3150 we buy 2 times 0.1 lots, TP 1.3160..... and so on.

is there anything like this?

*edit*

or is it nonsense?

baggermatsch:
i want discuss this one

the terminator, goblin, 10points3 are martingale EAs

i think about another form of Moneymanagment:

with an indicator we open a position p.e. at

1.3150 eur/usd buy TP 1.3160 with 0.1 lots; when it reached +10pips

if eur/usd goes in wrong direction we sell at 1.3140 2 times with 0.1 lots, TP 1.3130. when it reached +10pips.

if e/u goes again to 1.3150 we buy 2 times 0.1 lots, TP 1.3160..... and so on.

is there anything like this?

*edit*

or is it nonsense?

As to me so sorry i am not very familiar with those EAs so I think some other people may answer.

newdigital:
A lot of threads in elite section. I don't want for this elite section to be the same with public forum. I am sorting everything and merge the threads ... So it is the better to keep everything in one place/thread. Or just move this discussion to real accounts' thread. But low risk = low pips. So if low risk (means low pips) so money management should be the main sibject in those EAs.

I completely agree ND, elite section should not be like the public forums or else why are we paying for elite?? .

Hi,

Maybe a stupid question.

I don't see the google ads anymore, why?

I was thinking why we have to pay 12$ monthly for the elite section if we have a better way to support the forum.

Which way? Simple, with google adsense. One click a day for every member is nothing.

What do you think about this idea?

Or maybe, another way. Like in the moneymaker forum, SUPPORTER that have to pay every month or 12months in one shot, or LIFETIME SUPPORTER that pay a lifetime fee of 250$

Thanks!

Positive interest on swamp

Does this mean that one currency pair has an additional interest profit in the direction that it is bought or sold? Finally, when, where and how often do they ever reverse? Thanks.

Yes, so if you Buy USDJPY then you will accrue swap intrest. If you sell USDJPY then you will have to pay swap interest. How much swap interest you accrue or pay depends on the broker. Lastly the only time it ever changes is if the countries interest rates change. Meaning that the interest rates in the U.S must be lower then interest rates in JPY. This is nearly impossible becuase currently the U.S interest rate is 5.25 while the JPY interest rate is 0.264.

More data on what the exact rates are per country below.

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates/

Reason: