Fibonacci_Ema - page 8

great stuff ND !

Woke up this morning to find FEMA humming along nicely and behaving very gentlemanly. Had closed out several trades and some trends finaly kicked in. Here is what i'm seeing on the 5m, showing just the biggies: EurJpy +34, EurUsd +35, UsdCad +45, UsdChf +39....any one of these four trades more than make up for the losses during the MA-spirals during the non Ero/US market hours.

Will begin testing the v2tf today.

: ) Thom

Why???

Man my EA hasn't won any pips, it didn't even open up any trades. I have downloaded the new one though, v2, and hopefully it will work better. I have it set to H1 chart (best modeling quality of all the timeframes) with 'stock internals'

Will post my returns, if i get any

B

YupYup:
Man my EA hasn't won any pips, it didn't even open up any trades. I have downloaded the new one though, v2, and hopefully it will work better. I have it set to H1 chart (best modeling quality of all the timeframes) with 'stock internals'

Will post my returns, if i get any

B

I backtested this version #1 back to 2001 with modeling quality 90% for M30 timeframe. I posted it on this thread somewhere. It is not trading very often.

May be accrete is using his own settings so ask him.

I did not optimize the settings for version #2 yet.

EMAFibo_v2...

This is version is working out well for me. Right now, it has over 100 pips on 3 majors (except usd/jpy). I realize that it will take profit or exit on the cross. However, at times, there may not be enough pips gained to support that reversal. Is there a way to add a PipsProtect option like at 10 pips be added to the EA?

Thanks,

solaris

solaris:
This is version is working out well for me. Right now, it has over 100 pips on 3 majors (except usd/jpy). I realize that it will take profit or exit on the cross. However, at times, there may not be enough pips gained to support that reversal. Is there a way to add a PipsProtect option like at 10 pips be added to the EA?

Thanks,

solaris

What is PipsProtect?

may you clarify?

Is it to close all the orders with 100 pips (or 1,000 deposit currency) profit or losses?

I may try to add but I don't know what the PipsProtect is.

More in detailes please.

Thank you Sir!

newdigital:
I backtested this version #1 back to 2001 with modeling quality 90% for M30 timeframe. I posted it on this thread somewhere. It is not trading very often.

May be accrete is using his own settings so ask him.

I did not optimize the settings for version #2 yet.

Yea, in the first post: Statement #2 modeling quality 84% and it only goes back to 2005, not trying to argue... because i appreciate your help newdigital!

B

Edit: Statement #1 modeling quality 90% and it too goes to 2005 here's the dates off statement 1 - 30 Minutes (M30) 2005.10.25 00:00 - 2005.12.25 00:00

newdigital:
What is PipsProtect?

may you clarify?

Is it to close all the orders with 100 pips (or 1,000 deposit currency) profit or losses?

ND, that is how I understand it from codersguru's ProfitProtect. However, that will take away some further pips gain from other pairs which may have more room to move in the direction of the trade.

I may try to add but I don't know what the PipsProtect is. More in detailes please.

My idea is more specific to the pair which is reversing. I realize that such pair maybe moving back to the trade direction. But this will be no different than having it hit my breakeven or trailing stop. Actually, I think a code that simply says that if the trade reach a certain # of pips that it protects x # of pips profit, i.e. 10 pips or 5 pips from the cross exit.

I hope that I got my idea across.

So, far the most pips loss I have had was -30 pips on one pair. The EA runs fully automatic, no interference at all.

BTW, another possible enhancement is using a percentage of the Average Daily Range built in within the EA codes as the profit target. The % could be user input.

Question, if I close a trade manually, will it re-enter a trade before another incidence of the trade entry or re-entry condition?

That's it for now. ND, your endless effort and unselfish contribution to this forum is very much appreciated.

solaris

P.S. FYI, I use different MA settings from the originals in the EA.

Question on "Delta" and Buy-Sell coding

Hi again, I wonder if there was a small error in the code of v2? Here is what i find:

if (

(Buy1_1 = Buy2_3+Delta*Point) ||

(Buy2_1 > Buy2_3 /*&& Buy1_1 = Buy2_2+Delta*Point)

) Order = SIGNAL_BUY;

if (

(Sell1_1 > Sell1_3 && Sell2_1 <= Sell2_3+Delta*Point)//Accrete changed this to match line one in Buy above

// original line was: (Sell1_1 > Sell1_3 && Sell2_1 <= Sell2_3) ||

(Sell2_1 = Sell1_2*/ && Sell2_1 <= Sell2_2-Delta*Point)

) Order = SIGNAL_SELL;

So my paste above, i hope that i've done the correct thing by changing this code as shown here (again for detail's sake):

(Sell1_1 > Sell1_3 && Sell2_1 <= Sell2_3+Delta*Point)//changed this to match line one in Buy but on Sell

// original line was: (Sell1_1 > Sell1_3 && Sell2_1 <= Sell2_3)

Thank you in advance.

Now onto my "Delta" question.Am i correct in thinking, while looking at the code that the "Delta" will place the no-trade-zone around both the main and close moving averages? This is a good thing if that is what the code is telling us in my opinion. I just wanted to make sure i was reading things correctly as written.

--------one more Q.

double Sell1_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, SignalEMA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 1);

double Sell1_2 = iMA(NULL, 0, CloseEMA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 1);

double Sell1_3 = iMA(NULL, 0, MainEMA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 1);

If the "Buy" code has "Current + 1" should the above posted code for the "Sell" have "Current - 1" instead of +1??

Cheers,

Thom

Hi all,

Reading the above posts i'll answer a Q/comment that came up. . . Yes as i posted in post 72 above i do use some different strategies w/this EA. I have been trading manually off a 5 min chart using mathmaticaly same moving averages ported over from the 30 min charts. If you read post 72 there are details, but here it is again; pick your favorite MA on a 30m chart, say it happens to be the 10/100 cross on the 30m chart (i only picked this for ease of math and example). Now we know there are 6 five minute periods in each 30 minute period. So, 10 ma X 6 = 60 on five min chart for the short MA (for our "Close" MA), and 100 ma X 6 = 600 on five min chart for the longer MA (for our "Main" MA). Then i also placed the own chart's same short term MA (in our example the 10) as a signal line.

In my test for the 24 hour period i had 18 trades running round the clock with 13/78/330 MAs set on a 5m chart. I closed all trades out because i wanted to place on the chart the v2tf and start fresh for the next Euro open tonight. Oh, this is a PS, should have told you here that of the 18 trades 8 were profitable (some over 40 pips so there is merit in this model, now what remains is the tweaking).

I hope this helps answer things. I like trading manually with moving averages that mathmaticaly match what i feel are working MAs on a larger time frame chart as i have a heads up to the longer trend by looking at one chart, in this case a 5m chart, AND i have the advantage of seeing how the price is behaving around longer term MAs and support resistance areas with multiple tags (many 5m candle tags on an Hourly MA means more to me visualy than a single tag by the same one hour period's 1 candle).

I am going to post a question i have on the "Delta" code below this one.

...continued...

solaris:
ND, that is how I understand it from codersguru's ProfitProtect. However, that will take away some further pips gain from other pairs which may have more room to move in the direction of the trade.

My idea is more specific to the pair which is reversing. I realize that such pair maybe moving back to the trade direction. But this will be no different than having it hit my breakeven or trailing stop. Actually, I think a code that simply says that if the trade reach a certain # of pips that it protects x # of pips profit, i.e. 10 pips or 5 pips from the cross exit.

I hope that I got my idea across.

So, far the most pips loss I have had was -30 pips on one pair. The EA runs fully automatic, no interference at all.

BTW, another possible enhancement is using a percentage of the Average Daily Range built in within the EA codes as the profit target. The % could be user input.

Question, if I close a trade manually, will it re-enter a trade before another incidence of the trade entry or re-entry condition?

That's it for now. ND, your endless effort and unselfish contribution to this forum is very much appreciated.

solaris

P.S. FYI, I use different MA settings from the originals in the EA.

I got your idea but this EA is having two possibility fot exit:

- exit on crossing of SignalEMA and CloseEMA;

and (not or)

- exit on Stop Loss, take Profit and ts (if StopLossMode = True, TakeProfitMode = True, TrailingStopMode = True).

What does it mean?

It means that if you set TrailingStopMode = True so EA will close the orders accoding to crossing and Trailing Stop as well (Stop loss value will be moving).

Exit of crossing is always "True". But if you set "TrailingStopMode = True" for example so you will have additional possibility for exit.

And StopLossMode, TakeProfitMode and TrailingStopMode are working separatedly from each other. For example EA will use trailing stop anyway even if you have the following settings:

TrailingStopMode = True;

TakeProfitMode = False;

StopLossMode = False.

In this settings EA will use exit on crossing instead of stop loss and will use trailing stop as well.

Any other combination is valid as well.

Please note thatn I am talking about EAs posted here and here.

Reason: