Fibonacci_Ema - page 5

1st day result - forward test

This test is on Gbp/Usd pair only which recommended by ND.

The current position still open till close signal cross over.

here it is as attached

Files:
fiboema-ea.jpg  153 kb

anazri:

here it is as attached

I am posting pre-set files and backtesting results for EURUSD, USDCHF and USDJPY (with/without MM). And I am posting pre-sets and backtesting for GBPUSD once again. Just to have everyting in one place. You may find pre-set files with or without MM.

Please do not forget to use different magic numbers for different pairs (you should do it manually).

I checked this EA and it works well. Please note that this EA is operating on the closed bar.

et_phonehome_2:
How do you get the 21 point delta line drawn for the EMA on the chart?

I used Delta=21 just for example. You may do it manually: during the attaching indicator (MA) to the chart set "Levels" to 21 and -21. But I used this Delta as an example trying to find some filter. In EA's pre-set files there are no any Delta (Delta=1). Because i found that this Delta will not help us in case of M30 timeframe. It may be good for the other timeframes (M15 for example).

All the settings for the pairs (pre-set files) were optimize for EA for long way run (during the 1 or 2 years for example). Because I want to use those setting as portfolio #4 in elite section where profit in portfolio set is calculated monthly/yearly in deposit currency/equity and I plan to use it with pre-set files with MM.

et_phonehome_2:
Newdigital Should all TF (1HR or 30M, and 15M) agree if trading manually? Can the same presets be used on these TF?

No. Just one timeframe. I optimized EA for M30. I did not try the other timeframes. I will try to look at this system for the other timeframes to find the way to trade manually.

I understand that any EMA crossing EAs are very risky ones. Irrespective of types of MA and how many MA indicators we are using. Very risky. It may be ok for EA with my preset files for 4 majors. But we should find some filter to trade it manually. I will try to do it.

dear ND..

i have a question regarding magic number for each pair.

we just put there any number or there are specific numbers for them (pairs)?

thanks

anazri:
dear ND..

i have a question regarding magic number for each pair.

we just put there any number or there are specific numbers for them (pairs)?

thanks

Any but different.

I prefer the following configuration:

it means the following:

- 1 is the EA number;

- 30 is timeframe (15, 04 etc);

- 2 is the pair (GBPUSD);

- 00 - reserved numbers.

Because I am testing many EAs so I numbered them.

You may do any magic number but it should be different for different pairs.

newdigital:
Any but different.

I prefer the following configuration:

it means the following:

- 1 is the EA number;

- 30 is timeframe (15, 04 etc);

- 2 is the pair (GBPUSD);

- 00 - reserved numbers.

Because I am testing many EAs so I numbered them.

You may do any magic number but it should be different for different pairs.

ok thanks for the answers.

For the GBPUSD 30M, can I safely say that there were no trades for Sep 27th using the presets with MM? I have certainly seen no trades nor have I seen the 8 EMA cross the 55 EMA. I just want to be sure my EA is working....

forward test

anazri:

here it is as attached

First position already close with 72 pips for GbpUsd.

No new position open so far.

i'm on my way to setup for other 3 pairs..

see you

et_phonehome_2:
For the GBPUSD 30M, can I safely say that there were no trades for Sep 27th using the presets with MM? I have certainly seen no trades nor have I seen the 8 EMA cross the 55 EMA. I just want to be sure my EA is working....

In EA's preset file I am not using 8, 21 and 55 EMAs. I optimized the settings for GBPUSD and other pairs (it was posted above) and found the other periods than 8, 21 and 55. Check EAs preset files.

newdigital:
In EA's preset file I am not using 8, 21 and 55 EMAs. I optimized the settings for GBPUSD and other pairs (it was posted above) and found the other periods than 8, 21 and 55. Check EAs preset files.

I looked at the MM preset file:

SignalEMA == 10

MainEMAPeriod == 90

CloseEMAPeriod == 20

Still, there were no trades for Sep 27 for GBPUSD, is that correct?

et_phonehome_2:
I looked at the MM preset file:

SignalEMA == 10

MainEMAPeriod == 90

CloseEMAPeriod == 20

Still, there were no trades for Sep 27 for GBPUSD, is that correct?

According to backtesting results yes. No any new trades since 27th.

I will forward test it from Monday.

Reason: