Fibonacci_Ema - page 7

To add comments, please log in or register
et_phonehome_2
et_phonehome_2  
anazri:
hi et...

my fourth EMA is EMA200. it might show us the major trend.

the three EMAs are 8,13,21

hope these answers yours.

The EMAs should be different according to the presets if you are using the EA. Are you using the EA or manually trading it using these EMAs?

anazri
anazri  
et_phonehome_2:
The EMAs should be different according to the presets if you are using the EA. Are you using the EA or manually trading it using these EMAs?

i'm using EA. the chart just a rough. not exactly as what EA is doing..

sorry for that missunderstood.

accrete
accrete  

I have a Q as a newbee coder.

I am wondering if it is possible to do the following;

1) Signal(1) MA period would signal an entry/exitupon cross of:

2) The Main MA period

3) What was the third MA, (and called the close function), was now "Signal2" and could be set so that if the Signal(1) and the Main were still in original direction, but the Signal(1) and the Signal2 had crossed counter trend, and then at some point if Signal2 crossed Signal(1) again in the direction of the original, that additional lots/entries would/could be entered, there by hopefully adding to the original good trade on what might be a continuation/bounce of the currency?

Does this make sense in the way i've explained it? If i could code it myself i would, i'm a reader and doodler, but a serious newbee at EAs.

thanks in advance for any thoughts/comments.

: ) Thom

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
accrete:

2) The Main MA period

3) What was the third MA, (and called the close function), was now "Signal2" and could be set so that if the Signal(1) and the Main were still in original direction, but the Signal(1) and the Signal2 had crossed counter trend, and then at some point if Signal2 crossed Signal(1) again in the direction of the original, that additional lots/entries would/could be entered, there by hopefully adding to the original good trade on what might be a continuation/bounce of the currency?

Does this make sense in the way i've explained it? If i could code it myself i would, i'm a reader and doodler, but a serious newbee at EAs.

You mean that if SignalEMA crossed Exit EMA once again on the direction of the previous order so we may do re-enter?

Yes it may make sense.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

It is not difficult to do.

It should be several conditions for sell and buy through "or".

Files:
fe1.gif 25 kb
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
accrete:

2) The Main MA period

I tried to code according to your suggestion.

I inserted "extern int MaxOrders" (maximum orders at the time). Default is 3. So we may select how many orders we want to have. It works (i checked).

But second codition for open orders (according to your suggection) does not work. I mean that I could not code it.

For example it is for buy (second condition):

(Buy2_3 < Buy2_2 && Buy1_1 Buy2_2) Order = SIGNAL_BUY;

So we have the first condition and EA is working well according to this first condition. But I could not insert the second one using "else" or "||". Seems i did some mistake in version #2.

I asked Igorad for help.

accrete
accrete  
newdigital:
It is not difficult to do. It should be several conditions for sell and buy through "or".

Hi ND, yes your example image with your text descriptions is exactly what i was attempting to describe in my post. Looking at your example one could see how locking in the original trades for profit and then getting a nice re-entry signal without the need of the original primary cross taking place might create a few more pips for us.

Thank you once again for your time and efforts here at FXTSD. (And Igorad, thank you too!)

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
accrete:
Hi ND, yes your example image with your text descriptions is exactly what i was attempting to describe in my post. Looking at your example one could see how locking in the original trades for profit and then getting a nice re-entry signal without the need of the original primary cross taking place might create a few more pips for us.

Thank you once again for your time and efforts here at FXTSD. (And Igorad, thank you too!)

Hi accrete,

Igorad e-mailed this EA to me.

I explained him everything and he coded the version #2.

I can not check it now as my real time is GMT+3.

So sometimes I am going to sleep

But if you can test it just to find some bugs so it may be good.

r backtest it with any modelling quality with visual mode (just start with visual mode, then click on "pause", then attach all the indicators according to the EA and continuing). It will help to find the bugs.

Files:
accrete
accrete  
newdigital:
Hi accrete,

I explained him everything and he coded the version #2....

Greetings ND (and thank you Igorad for your assistance too!). I have downloaded the EA and will begin testing today and report back here.

Cheers,

Thom

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
newdigital:
Hi accrete,

I explained him everything and he coded the version #2.

I can not check it now as my real time is GMT+3.

So sometimes I am going to sleep

But if you can test it just to find some bugs so it may be good.

r backtest it with any modelling quality with visual mode (just start with visual mode, then click on "pause", then attach all the indicators according to the EA and continuing). It will help to find the bugs.

I checked and the version #2 works exactly as accrete described.

Will try to optimize the settings to see: may be this version will be more profitable.

To add comments, please log in or register