CROSS EAs - page 3

I've been working on an MA cross EA but its my first one. I am modeling it after the wma_cross2 indicator.

Your universal_ma just needs 1 more ma as an exitma much faster.

ShortMA = 10

LongMA = 80

ExitMA = 3

ShortMA > LongMA = Long (closeShort)

ShortMA < LongMA = Short (closeLong)

ExitMA < ShortMA = CloseLong

ExitMA > ShortMA = CloseShort

Tracking current order status as we go so that if there is no order, we dont care about the ExitMA.

This may all be pointless but I was toying with it to get in and out on the dips and hips of daily trade. Would prolly lose my arse but I wanted to play anyway.

If you could add that to your universalMA it would be great. I like your programming style better than my own.

I had done a dynamic magicnumber also but yours is much more elegant.

FXGamer:
I've been working on an MA cross EA but its my first one. I am modeling it after the wma_cross2 indicator.

Your universal_ma just needs 1 more ma as an exitma much faster.

ShortMA = 10

LongMA = 80

ExitMA = 3

ShortMA > LongMA = Long (closeShort)

ShortMA < LongMA = Short (closeLong)

ExitMA < ShortMA = CloseLong

ExitMA > ShortMA = CloseShort

Tracking current order status as we go so that if there is no order, we dont care about the ExitMA.

This may all be pointless but I was toying with it to get in and out on the dips and hips of daily trade. Would prolly lose my arse but I wanted to play anyway.

If you could add that to your universalMA it would be great. I like your programming style better than my own.

I had done a dynamic magicnumber also but yours is much more elegant.

Hi Gamer, thank you for your suggestion. Hope you could visit the original thread here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general and post your suggestion there so we could continue the discussion. You could also download the latest version (ver.5) there. Hope this help

Thanks, moving to that thread!

promo01:
Hi FZGuy2000

Can you attach your result Statement ?

What pair are you use on 4Hr Charts ?

Best Regards

Promo01

What are your MA setups for the 4 hr?

EMA cross EA

Greetings,

I am looking for an EA which will work like Trendstrength EMA, but won't close the position when the EMA crosses back in the opposite direction.

Perhaps someone knows of another EA which is based on an EMA cross which will work in this manner.

Files:

Ema Cross Programming question.

Hi, I wrote an EA based on some EMA custom indicators to detect turning points.

Now I need to place the order on the cross (like an EMA cross)

I wrote:

if (EMA1<EMA2) { Buy(); }

if (EMA1>EMA2) { Sell(); }

But when you atach the EA to the chat it send the first order from the start and maybe the cross was 200 pips before.

What is the best method today to detect the cross and send the order ONLY after the cross ?

Thanks for any help.

Hi project1972,

I moved your post to this ema crossing thread. There are many ema crossing EAs on this thread created by me, and by Codersguru, and some other people.

And you may see this post also: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175534

As to your question so it is not simple EMA1<EMA2. Cross is the following: ema1/ema2 before cross and ema1/ema2 after cross. Because if we decide to estimate the cross on the close bar so we have 2 bars: before crossing and after crossing. And because this EA is acting on the4 cross bar so you may have some ... as you said "200 pips before". Not 200 really. You will have 200 if you are trading on W1 or MN timeframe. More timeframe - more this "200". Bar for H1 timeframe is 1 hour. 2 bar for H1 timeframe is 2 hours. 2 bars for D1 timeframe is 2 days. So everything may be happened within 2 days And 200 pips, and 100 pips long and then 150 pips short.

That is why people are trying to create trading systems.

Many people are doing like this:

if (Buy1_1 = Buy2_3) Order = SIGNAL_BUY;

if (Sell1_1 > Sell1_3 && Sell2_1 <= Sell2_3) Order = SIGNAL_SELL;[/CODE]

[CODE]double Buy1_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, SignalEMA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 1);

double Buy1_3 = iMA(NULL, 0, MainEMA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 1);

double Buy2_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, SignalEMA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

double Buy2_3 = iMA(NULL, 0, MainEMA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

double Sell1_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, SignalEMA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 1);

double Sell1_3 = iMA(NULL, 0, MainEMA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 1);

double Sell2_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, SignalEMA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

double Sell2_3 = iMA(NULL, 0, MainEMA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

Thanks NewDigital for the clarification, I fully understand now.

You are a valuable resource to us.

idea for an EA - EMA 25 and EMA 50 with RSI

Hi people, i have an idea for an EA, if someone think this is profitable can you program the EA and post it here please?

Timeframe: 4H

Pairs: GBP/JPY, NZD/USD, NZD/JPY other very volatily pairs

Strategy:

Put an EMA (25) with green color;

Put an EMA (50) with blue color;

Put an RSI (14)

Trigger buy:

- If candle open or close above EMA 50 and RSI are above 50 and pointing up.

- Stop-loss 10 pips below previous candle low.

Trigger sell:

- If candle open or close below EMA 50 and RSI are below 50 and pointing down.

- Stop-loss 10 pips above previous candle high.

That's the strategy guys, if someone can program it, i'm doing it manually and it has been good for now.

This idea i thought was new, but someone already posted that it exists at:

EMA 25-50 Trading System (Detailed)

Can someone program it for me please?

Kindest Regards

hello

some one did this ea,befor.i saw it ,yep it has agood profite 4% loss on 4years testing,95/96% net profite ,not on this forum,make asearch somewh ere on the net

Reason: