Equity EA Anyone?

Hi,

I am looking for an Equity EA. Similar to the e-Trailing EA where you can attach it to a chart to manage existing positions, I would like to find an equity ea that I can attach to a chart or charts to monitor the account equity and close the positions when the desired equity is reached.

This would be particularily beneficial for hedging type trades without TP or SL

where the equity is rapidly changing.

There are EA's which have this feature (GridMacd, MakeGrid, Divergence Trader) built in. But whilst my coding skills are basic but improving, it is beyond me to create a stand alone equity ea.

Has anyone seen this type of EA or is anyone willing to give it a go?

Many thanks

Waltini

I had a go myself

Please help,

I have had a go myself, borrowing bits and pieces from other EA's.

Yes it closes orders but with some errors and its not waiting until the profit is correct.

One look at the coding will show I am not a coder, anyone like to help?

regards

waltini

Files:
equity_ea.mq4  2 kb

Igorad developed this EA now. I did not try yet.

Attach this EA to the any chart and it was idea that EA should manage all the trates:

StopManageAcc = false; // Stop of Manage Account switchIf StopManageAcc=true so EA will not manage the account (and trades).

Magic = 0; // Magic Number ( 0 - for All positions)

As i understand we may manage all the EAs, or some of them according to magic number.

UsePips = true;

We may use pips or dollars calculation.

ProfitTarget = 100; // Profit target in pips or USD

MaxLoss = 100; // Maximum total loss in pips or USD

It is understandable.

If this EA is working good so it is great.

newdigital:

Attach this EA to the any chart and it was idea that EA should manage all the trates:

StopManageAcc = false; // Stop of Manage Account switchIf StopManageAcc=true so EA will not manage the account (and trades).

As i understand we may manage all the EAs, or some of them according to magic number.

UsePips = true;

It is understandable.

I tried this EA and it is not closing the orders. May be I should try more ...

Did anybody test it?

EA was updated. Should work better now.

newdigital:

UsePips = true;

It is understandable.

The next update of this EA.

Some bug was fixed. Besides, StopManageAcc is working now as the following:

- if StopManageAcc = false so EA will manage all trades.

- if StopManageAcc = true so EA will close all the trades and will stop working.

And I thought the first one was good!

Hi Newdigital,

I have used the original version twice and it has worked fine. Many thanks to yourself and Igorad.

I will change to updated version as I had not tested all the options in the first version.

waltini

getting the expert to work??

hi all i tried the first version but it didnt work for me,

will try the second one!! thanks, also im looking for a hedge trader like bill barnsleys one but there must be a free one out there somewhere???

have been looking for months!! but no luck, so thought i would join the elite section to see what you guys could do for

j

johnboy:
hi all i tried the first version but it didnt work for me,

will try the second one!! thanks, also im looking for a hedge trader like bill barnsleys one but there must be a free one out there somewhere???

have been looking for months!! but no luck, so thought i would join the elite section to see what you guys could do for

j

Try last version https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174881

About hedging so i don't know. There is GridMACD EA here in contest thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

And as i know many EAs are placing buy stop and sell stop orders in the beginning of the trading day (TPE, SBS and so on). Try to look at the EAs threads, in portfolio thread and in files' thread in this section.

Sorry i don't know about bill barnsleys EA anything.

a great idea for this EA???

hi

is it possible with this ea to get it to close only one hedge and leave another open???

example close two positions as they go into profit and leave open another mirror hedge of the same currency until it goes into profit

hedge 1

long eur/usd(all postions opened at the same time)

long usd/chf

hedge 2(in the same account)

short eur/usd

short usd/chf

like a double hedge that means you can profit both ways when either currency goes out of correlation???

what yous think, im i nuts???

johnboy:
hi

is it possible with this ea to get it to close only one hedge and leave another open???

example close two positions as they go into profit and leave open another mirror hedge of the same currency until it goes into profit

hedge 1

long eur/usd(all postions opened at the same time)

long usd/chf

hedge 2(in the same account)

short eur/usd

short usd/chf

like a double hedge that means you can profit both ways when either currency goes out of correlation???

what yous think, im i nuts???

No.

GridMACD EA is openning many sell stop and buy stop orders on the same currency and one day sell stop orders (for example) are executed. But as you understand the price is going everywhere so buy stop orders are executed as well (later may be and not all of them).

And when trend is established so negative orders are closed and positive ones are going to be more profitable and close in profit. After seveal days or one week this process will be repeated.

If trend is not established so you have nothing: too many opened orders in different directions and no one is closed. If the trend is established so some orders are closing.

If EA is doing some "mistake" so you will have more than -1,000 pips loss. It is not often. Just sometimes. One time per 3 months for example. If EA is not doing any "mistake" so you will have more than +1,000 in profit. This EA works more good on USDCHF H1 timeframe.

Of course, with this hedging strategy you should lose all your deposit. All. Irrespective of the size. Problem is when. Means you will lose all. Exactly. But nobody knows when it will be: may be tomorrow, may be next year. Nobody knows. But before that "tomorrow"/"next year" day you may have a profit. Sometimes good profit.

As to your idea so hedge is hedge. It may be profitable for some time.

But according to my opinion people who are using hedge are having very big deposit size and they are ready to lose this deposit anytime. Why they are using hedge? because of profit. You are losing deposit one time only but you may have very good profit several times before you lose all deposit.

May be i am wrong. I think there are some good EAs based on hedging. But I did not meet any. may be they exist.

Reason: