Will ea work if your broker do not allow this

Hello traders

I would like to ask some of you here if anybody has the same problem as I do.

I currently do all my trades manually. When trades in profit I want to take profit half of the Lot and leave the other half for Trailing Stop. but my Broker won't let me do that. So I have to close the full Lot.

for instance: buy 1 standard lot = 100,000 eur/usd when in profit I want to take half of that Lot = 50,000. leave the other half running. I couldn't do that manually so I have to close the whole Lot. I want to make an EA that take profit half of the Lot and leave the other half for trailing stop. Is it possible to do that even I can't do it maually.

Thanks for your ideas guys

Unlikely

I have never seen the situation that you describe with closing part of the order. You should be looking for another broker.

But I know that usually what can't be done manually like expiry times also can't be done in an EA.

You should try a small experiment. You don't have to write an EA. Write a small script that tries to close part of the order - in demo of course.

CodeMeister:
I have never seen the situation that you describe with closing part of the order. You should be looking for another broker.

But I know that usually what can't be done manually like expiry times also can't be done in an EA.

You should try a small experiment. You don't have to write an EA. Write a small script that tries to close part of the order - in demo of course.

Thanks for your opinion

Hi freewayfx,

I am not sure that I understand ... but if you open trade by lot size 0.2 (for example) and decide to close part of the trade by 0.1 so you can do it: one part of the trade will be closed (0.1) and the other part of the trade will still open (0.1). It is Partial Orders. You can try it in Metatrader manually. It is usually used with EA/systems traded by many pairs on H1 or more highier timeframes using indicators coded inside this EA as MTF by the settings (you attach EA to H1 chart and trading by indicators on H4 and D1).

But I am sorry - I am not sure that I understand you question.

newdigital:
Hi freewayfx,

I am not sure that I understand ... but if you open trade by lot size 0.2 (for example) and decide to close part of the trade by 0.1 so you can do it: one part of the trade will be closed (0.1) and the other part of the trade will still open (0.1). It is Partial Orders. You can try it in Metatrader manually. It is usually used with EA/systems traded by many pairs on H1 or more highier timeframes using indicators coded inside this EA as MTF by the settings (you attach EA to H1 chart and trading by indicators on H4 and D1).

But I am sorry - I am not sure that I understand you question.

Thanks newdigital

yes you understand correctly. I open 1 lot when i am in profit I want to close.50 manually on mt4 it won't allow me to do that.

That's why I ask if EA would be able to do that

freewayfx:
Thanks newdigital

yes you understand correctly. I open 1 lot when i am in profit I want to close.50 manually on mt4 it won't allow me to do that.

That's why I ask if EA would be able to do that

The restriction is not MT4; must be your broker. It is unlikely an EA would allow it. I do it all the time.

hi

i advise you very simple method : open 2 orders so close 1 order trailingstop another order ok?

Try a EA that performs this action by pressing a button.

Download the attachment and find contact information.

if you need a demo for a 5 digit broker ask for it.

EA is the best there is for the management of orders on Forex.

The advanced version is a global trading solution that provides a complete toolbox.

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/13997-veryeasy-the-ea-that-provides-easy-to-use-metatrader-4

ijargal:
i advise you very simple method : open 2 orders so close 1 order trailingstop another order ok?

Thanks for your good idea. I thought of it. But I do a lot of trades ,very hard for me to manage all trades that way. because of this ther are cuople trades had been screwed

up by of the EA i used. take a look at my trades. I might have to change broker

Files:
statement.htm  37 kb
Reason: