ASCTrend system - page 106

Possible to update to ASC Trend EA

Yes, I too am having good results but I have to man the computer all the time.

Is there an ASC Trend ea that simply does this?

- Enter market only at the ASC signal on 5M Chart or 1M Chart (configurable) & Candle Close.

- Wait through the price fluctuations and resist exiting out early, let the trend work itself out.

- No stops or take profits are set.

- Exit when a 5 EMA & 10 EMA cross on the 1M chart.

OR

- Exit market on the next ASC signal on 5M Chart anytime IF the ASC signal appears during the candle.

- Wait for the next ASC signal on 5M Chart & Candle Close and start over.

- Additionally, only enter the market in the direction of a 200 SMA. So if under the SMA (200) then enter only buy orders, if over then enter only sell orders.

Thanks!

That sounds like everything the EA should be doing. Once newdigital loads it up and starts using it, we may get an upgrade. As it is, I can't get the latest version to trade automatically even with the proper indicators.

verbtheory:
Yes, I too am having good results but I have to man the computer all the time.

Is there an ASC Trend ea that simply does this?

- Enter market only at the ASC signal on 5M Chart or 1M Chart (configurable) & Candle Close.

- Wait through the price fluctuations and resist exiting out early, let the trend work itself out.

- No stops or take profits are set.

- Exit when a 5 EMA & 10 EMA cross on the 1M chart.

OR

- Exit market on the next ASC signal on 5M Chart anytime IF the ASC signal appears during the candle.

- Wait for the next ASC signal on 5M Chart & Candle Close and start over.

- Additionally, only enter the market in the direction of a 200 SMA. So if under the SMA (200) then enter only buy orders, if over then enter only sell orders.

Thanks!

Looks like newdigital isnt interested anymore... =(

I am inerested. I was converted some indicators and EAs to use with 5 digits broker, and than was busy with RAS service. I will come back to this thread.

newdigital:
I am inerested. I was converted some indicators and EAs to use with 5 digits broker, and than was busy with RAS service. I will come back to this thread.

Great! Thanks ND, I use this scalping method and it seems to work manually. I use the swiss army ea to capture the 1-2 pips that I want when scalping like this. I also use the keltner channel for visualization of where price is in relation to the trend.

I think the key is to exit quickly and take like 1-2 pips then wait for new ASC signal appearance and enter if RSI is correct.

So here's the logic:

--------------------------------

Long Entry:

ASC Signal

RSI = >50 and <70

Take Profit = 2

SMA (200) = price below SMA

Short Entry:

ASC Signal

RSI = 70

Take Profit = 2

SMA (200) = price above SMA

I'll keep an eye out here... thanks!

idea: 1 easy way to improve EA

1 easy way to improve EA

have the EA scale the position in within a tight range.

statistically, more often than not, u can get a better fill than the close values sometime shortly after teh close of the initial signal bar.

maybe enter initial postion % on signal ( close)scale in remainder X % of lots with Y # of bars and Z pip range.

an idea...

statistics on drawdown after signal for losing vs winning trades would be helpful

need indicators ?

greetings all

I saw the EA 1.7 Version window browser "input" area have 7 indicators - RSI / STOCH , ASCTREND etc.

Must we attached those 7 indicators or it is already inbuilt ?

just attached one indicator price channel will do ?

what currency pairs is best ? eur/usd ?

what time frame is best ? 15 min ?

many thanks

No need to attach indicator to the chart. Just keep it in indicator's folder.

no trade

EA 1.7 VER:

I used default settings.

attached price channels indicator to chart. also use default settings.

I used eur/usd 15 min TF

no trade opened for 2 days

happyfx:
EA 1.7 VER:

I used default settings.

attached price channels indicator to chart. also use default settings.

I used eur/usd 15 min TF

no trade opened for 2 days

Please use the attached settings on 15 min tf.the default settings are all way out of bounds. Hope this help.Regards

Files:
asc7.set  2 kb
Reason: