Moving Average - page 92

Yes, You can with Standard MT4 Moving Average

dentiok:
Someone knows if there a MA which can be applied to "second" indicators data? Thanks in advance.

Dentiok,

If you have two indicators in the same window instead of telling the MA to take the average of the "First Indicator" you can select "Previous Indicator". In the attached screen shot I choose no color for the CCI because instead I want to see a smoothed MA of the CCI. Now if I want a signal line for my smoothed CCI I add a MA and choose "previous indicator" instead of first indicator thereby causing the MA to take an average of the existing moving average (which is the 2nd indicator) for my signal line. BTW, in my strategy I don't use this signal line; I just check to see if the smoothed CCI is above or below zero in harmony with my moving averages in the main window. I added the signal line to show that taking the ma of the 2nd indicator can be done. I hope this answers you sufficiently.

Good luck,

gcgman

Files:

Not exactly

mladen:
dentiok There is no such indicator (metatrader 4 or 5 does not matter, you can not choose the "second" indicator's data)

mladen,

You are correct that you cannot choose the "second indicator" but, one can in fact take a moving average of the 2nd indicator if there are only two indicators in an existing window by merely selecting "previous indicator" instead of selecting "first indicator"

kind regards,

gcgman

Ask Mr. mladen to update MA_in_Color.mq4

Dear Mr. mladen

Please do me a favor to update MA_in_Color.mq4, I added tow indicators to display as attached, so

please add MACrossEarlyAlert's display into MA_in_Color

1, add horizontal line for current EMA value, display current value on right at same time

2, can choose horizontal line style, color and ture or false for display or not

Thank you very much in advance.

BRs

Thomas c

Files:

Update horizontal line price display for AllAverages_v2.5.mq4

thomas_c:
Dear Mr. mladen

Please do me a favor to update MA_in_Color.mq4, I added tow indicators to display as attached, so

please add MACrossEarlyAlert's display into MA_in_Color

1, add horizontal line for current EMA value, display current value on right at same time

Thank you very much in advance.

BRs

Thomas c

Dear Mr. mladen

I found out AllAverages_v2.5.mq4. It's better than MA in Color.mq4. So request is same as before. Please do me a favor to update AllAverages_v2.5.mq4 on request. Thank you very much in advance.

1, add horizontal line for current sAllAverages_v2.5.mq4's value, display current value on right at same time

3, if possible, add nrp change color for original AllAverages_v2.5.mq4 - now it's ok

4, it would be best to update MTF version finally - now it's ok

Best regards,

Thomas C

Files:

gcgman:
Dentiok,

If you have two indicators in the same window instead of telling the MA to take the average of the "First Indicator" you can select "Previous Indicator". In the attached screen shot I choose no color for the CCI because instead I want to see a smoothed MA of the CCI. Now if I want a signal line for my smoothed CCI I add a MA and choose "previous indicator" instead of first indicator thereby causing the MA to take an average of the existing moving average (which is the 2nd indicator) for my signal line. BTW, in my strategy I don't use this signal line; I just check to see if the smoothed CCI is above or below zero in harmony with my moving averages in the main window. I added the signal line to show that taking the ma of the 2nd indicator can be done. I hope this answers you sufficiently.

Good luck,

gcgman

Hi gcgman! Can you say what parameters of MA are you using on the main chart? Thank you.

pavelac:
Hi gcgman! Can you say what parameters of MA are you using on the main chart? Thank you.

Hi pavelac,

I have used various averages at this web site and even within this thread. It has been an evolving thing...always looking for better consistency. In the screen shot to which you refer I am using my current favorite combination. The pink is the 13 LWMA of the Close and the blue is the 13 LWMA of the Open. I don't know that there is any "best combination" but, this is what works for my psychological needs. The other lines are the TMA True set to 56 MA with bands set at 2.5 times the 100 ATR.

Good luck,

gcg

Files:

SqW_ma indicator

Files:
sqw_ma.gif  21 kb
sqw_ma.mq4  2 kb

gcgman:
Hi pavelac,

I have used various averages at this web site and even within this thread. It has been an evolving thing...always looking for better consistency. In the screen shot to which you refer I am using my current favorite combination. The pink is the 13 LWMA of the Close and the blue is the 13 LWMA of the Open. I don't know that there is any "best combination" but, this is what works for my psychological needs. The other lines are the TMA True set to 56 MA with bands set at 2.5 times the 100 ATR.

Good luck,

gcg

please share Ind and template

thanks In Advance

T3 clean

i think T3 clean is one of the best moving averages around

is there one with bands?

Files:
t3_clean.mq4  6 kb

I know that it is not the "clean" version, but did you check the version from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173058 ?

ZANKY:
i think T3 clean is one of the best moving averages around is there one with bands?
Reason: