CatFx50 - page 368

morning all looks like you had 3 signals on pound this morning level 4 for about 50 level 1 for -34 loss and level 2 thats still going with a max profit of 37

Thx Mibl

Thx Mibl for your help and the settings

The EA was one I got off this site, havent really had the time to look at it and cant remember the post but here it is:

QUOTE=mibl]Hi kirsty,

legal short on cable was as level 1 at 12:00cet @1.8640

For the basic configuration take ema50, ema200, HistStepMAStoch with bars set to 2.000 and set filter lelevels on +/-0.04 and aNina with bars set to 9.000 (here you must load more than 9.000 bars in the chart that it works correctly)

BTW what is that for an EA you loaded on that chart?

mibl

Thx npj6400 !

Thx npj6400 !

For simplifiying the rules

npj6400:
Hi Kirsty_FX - looks like a level 1 short on cable - first open below ema50

indicators :

Depends on what you want to do and your trading background - looks like you have components of various systems - thats ok if you understand there background and logic and how they all work - however can only suggest that if you choose to trade Catfx50 - keep it simple as possible- see first posts for help -

Basic

EMA50

EMA120

nina step stoch

hist_stepma_stoch_kv1_ex_02_with filterlevels

Stick to majors and level 1 & 2's signals before moving on

Trade time: 08:00cet to 18:00cet only

Higher risk if entry > 20 pips so suggest reduce contracts or position size

Suggested options:

I paramonworktime ( Trade time: 08:00cet to 18:00cet)

Inverseind with EMA50

other stochs anina etc

EMA 200

Fib levels

Regards

mibl:
Hi kirsty,

legal short on cable was as level 1 at 12:00cet @1.8640

For the basic configuration take ema50, ema200, HistStepMAStoch with bars set to 2.000 and set filter lelevels on +/-0.04 and aNina with bars set to 9.000 (here you must load more than 9.000 bars in the chart that it works correctly)

BTW what is that for an EA you loaded on that chart?

mibl

Hi mibl,

I set bars to 2000 for HistStepMAStoch and it's okay on a demo account but no bars showing for my live account. I had to reduce the number of bars from 2000 from 500 on my live account before I can see any bars at all. Do you happen to know why?

Thanks,

chinplant:
Hi mibl,

I set bars to 2000 for HistStepMAStoch and it's okay on a demo account but no bars showing for my live account. I had to reduce the number of bars from 2000 from 500 on my live account before I can see any bars at all. Do you happen to know why?

Thanks,

I've no live account on an MT4. I trade at fxcm. But you must go back in history on the chart for each provider and timeframe to load more bars. This should be working on live accounts too.

mibl

chinplant:
Hi mibl,

Thanks,

Scroll back the chart till enough history is loaded into the live account history folder of your Mt4.

You can see your bars history on your CatFX chart.

Look at your histogram indicator and there on "Max bars to count: [.....]".

The value there has be at least 2000.

catfx50 works good for all pairs?

dellan:

Please look at post #1.

Recommended pairs to trade are: EURUSD, USDCHF and GBPUSD.

dellan:

To answer your question, you have to test it by yourself.

If a pair works very well for one trader, does not mean, that it automatically works good for the other or all traders.

But I guess, CatFX should work with all major pairs (EURUSD, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USD/JPY).

You need strong trend behaviour. Sideway markets with low volatility kill CatFX.

Trade Question

harold4x:
morning all looks like you had 3 signals on pound this morning level 4 for about 50 level 1 for -34 loss and level 2 thats still going with a max profit of 37

Hi Harold,

I see the level 4 breakout trade on the GBP but I don't see a level 1 trade for -34 or the level 2 trade.

I have attached my chart. The light blue line is the 50 EMA. The first circle is the level 4 trade. The second circle is a level 1 trade where bar crosses 50 EMA and second bar forms below 50 EMA. That would have closed around 8610 when it hit the 120 EMA. That would have been about a +26 pip trade. I don't see a level 1 trade for a loss or a level 2 trade. If you would, could you point them out on my chart?

Thanks,

Dave

Files:
Reason: