CatFx50 - page 344

peter
peter  

done done done

all 340 odd pages. I hate to see yall bickering you are both so generous of your time and knowledge. Having read the entire thread i believe i have a good foundation and understanding so i will try and ease the burden placed upon you by trying to field as many of what i consider silly questions as possible.

"where are the indicators"

"why wont stepma-hist load properly for me"

"what is a level 4 signal?" ok ok i too am still not one hundred percent on that one. although i think it is a break of previous low with good strength in market. and histo bars retracing in the appropriate direction. would you look at volume in those instances? by the way.

thank you all again nina, mibl, harold, kalenzo, shadowz, moneyline, mookfx etc etc.

peter
peter  

straddling

from interbank fx userguide for placing pending orders

"Attention: Order may not expire earlier than in 10 minutes!"

????

sounds like they are setting you up for a whipsaw at news time could be why they allow straddling. any input?

moneyline
moneyline  

Hi Everybody,

Hi,

Level 4 signals need strength. Without strength we are dead. When do we have level 4 signals? After a consolidation period. If the consolidation period is broken by data, welcome that data. We only need strength.

The best of level 4 signals today was cable. It was before data. And if you want, I could have written 14:00cet on USDCHF cause the breakout was at 1.2372.

You avoid news time, but if you see pairs rocketing what do you do?

Nina:

I've been doing my best to qualify/quantify your use of the word "strength."

Is it a technical term with known parameters, as in the trend strength line of the ADX indicator? Or is it something more subjective?

Thanks!

moneyline

mibl
mibl  

Hi,

it seems I missed some pips and a very hot discussion harold/nina yesterday on the European Labor Day.

mibl

mr_smart
mr_smart  

hi nina

big, big respect for you and your never ending patience - you're the best

best regards

mr_smart

Dave1
Dave1  

Mates, please, Don't turn this thread into a bickering match or take sides etc. Constructive criticism is fine. This has been and still is a fantastic learning and money making thread, lets keep it that way.

50 LWMA earlier signal

Dear Nina,

I was making a mistake yesterday trying to match a similar picture for the eurusd and gbpusd because of the signal price levels harold and you were dealing with.

By the time I realized I was dealing with two different currency pairs I've tryied to match the two charts with LW MA (50), creating a channel for high and low prices (in blue) and leaving the standard 50 EMA (magenta), I've found an earlier signal for the LWMA.

For your consideration I upload the charts for today's morning. I propose an EA to test the past results,

Kind regards,

Files:
gbp2.gif 19 kb
gbp3.gif 19 kb
sae2k
sae2k  

anybody long enter on EUR ?

sae2k:
anybody long enter on EUR ?

GBPUSD was an earlier signal to go long on EURUSD, that`s cable reacted first than euro and you could took advantage from that.

peter
peter  

long on euro

entered long on euro and short on franc

hit t/p on franc before i even noticed. scaled out half of order on euro +21 pips hit stop loss on other half +17 pips. i am out of trade already.

usdchf short at 1.2397 tp at 1.2383

eurousd long at 1.2607 close half at 1.2628 close half at 1.2624

does one buy back in?

anyone else having problems with interbank fx feed? cable and yen not working at all.