CatFx50 - page 168

Hi Nina,

where I can take "TRIGGER HISTOGRAM" as have you?

Anyone able to direct me to Nina's strategy ?

Nina or any kind souls,

I'm new in your thread and can you direct me to the page where you have explained your strategy? I understand that throughout the 100+ pages, there are bound to have some modifications to your strategy.

Awaiting your enlightenment.

Thanks again for sharing this profitable strategy.

Pip Hunter:
Nina or any kind souls,

I'm new in your thread and can you direct me to the page where you have explained your strategy? I understand that throughout the 100+ pages, there are bound to have some modifications to your strategy.

Nina,

The same request here too.

Could you summarize this thead and the strategy in a document or a post?

Thanks in advanced!

You can start here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

But I would suggest reading as much of this thread as possible, the education alone is worth the time.

Pip Hunter:
Nina or any kind souls,

hi nina you told someone to change calculated bars on step stoc from 500 to 2000 by doing that you have changed how indicator will gather data the 500 bars is right for 30 minute chart because its calculated over about 10 days 2000 bars would be 40 days thats too much in my opinion for 30 minute time frame

harold4x:
hi nina you told someone to change calculated bars on step stoc from 500 to 2000 by doing that you have changed how indicator will gather data the 500 bars is right for 30 minute chart because its calculated over about 10 days 2000 bars would be 40 days thats too much in my opinion for 30 minute time frame

Hi, Harold!

Look, StepMA_Stoch 500 is more agressive than StepMA_Stoch 2000.

STMStch 500 will give you earlier signals sometimes and sometimes it will give you wrong signals.

STMStch 2000 is more conservative. But if anyone can find in a lab which is the best, I switch quickly to the one the lab says.

Nina

nina what your not understanding is 500 is for last 10 days and 2000 is for last 40 days its not conservitive at all why use 40 days of data for day trading

harold4x:
nina what your not understanding is 500 is for last 10 days and 2000 is for last 40 days its not conservitive at all why use 40 days of data for day trading

Hi!

I do understand. I'd use 100 hundred years of data if the signal is better.

But, as said Harold, if 500 is "objectively" better, I don't mind to switch.

Nina

Question to "other" Level II Signals

nina:
Hi!

CatFX50 gives two king of signals:

Standard or Level 1, when we have a cross validated by StepMA_Stoch. If they cross at the same time, the better.

Level 2, when price and StepMA_Stoch match again after price has opened at least one bar above/below EMA50 and against StepMA_Stoch. Level 2 signals can be riskier.

Look at screenshot.

Nina

Hi Nina,

thanks for your explanation.

This kind of level 2 signals was clear for me. I am sorry, my attached screenshot was too small, so that you had less chance to follow my question (because of you cannot see what line the ema50 was).

My interest was to clarify a kind of "re-entry" situation. My example (now a bigger chart attached), where in USDCHF the price was under EMA50 for a longer time because of an earlier signal (left blue line and arrows).

Then StepMA_Stoch was getting long in a consolidation phase.

Afterwards the StepMA_Stoch was getting short again (right blue line and arrows) while price was still under EMA and never crosses in that phase.

Is that a "level 2" signal which you will trade?

(A kind of reentry after consolidation)

best wishes

mibl

Files:
hc_003.jpg  124 kb

mibl:
Hi Nina,

thanks for your explanation.

This kind of level 2 signals was clear for me. I am sorry, my attached screenshot was too small, so that you had less chance to follow my question (because of you cannot see what line the ema50 was).

My interest was to clarify a kind of "re-entry" situation. My example (now a bigger chart attached), where in USDCHF the price was under EMA50 for a longer time because of an earlier signal (left blue line and arrows).

Then StepMA_Stoch was getting long in a consolidation phase.

Afterwards the StepMA_Stoch was getting short again (right blue line and arrows) while price was still under EMA and never crosses in that phase.

Is that a "level 2" signal which you will trade?

(A kind of reentry after consolidation)

best wishes

mibl

Hi, Mibl!

Yes, it is another kind of Level 2 signal. If you want, we can call it Level 3. But I want to stress that these signals are riskier.

Nina

Reason: