CatFx50 - page 170

?gbp/usd sell 10.45 GMT I have no confirm [MA and INVERIND ] bu MACD H and RSI show sell too on 30 min. According to CATFX50 not, GBP/USD is a sell when the next bar opens below the 50ExpMA

Sold GBP/USD at 1.7546 11.10am GMT

Sold EUR/USD at 1.2033 11.10 GMT

This was using paper trading only and based on my current level of understanding of the CAtFX50 system.

I used RSI, MACD and SlowStochastic[exp] as confirmators. Interesting to see how it plays out.

20 Stop loss

30 limit order

Go Cat Go!

Actually I see two signals:

eurusd short @1,2043 - 11:30 cet - chart1

gpbusd short @1,7555 - 11:30 cet - chart2 - pivot is near!

Files:
hc_005.jpg  49 kb
hc_006.jpg  51 kb

eurchf

I see a long signal in usdchf @1,2970, 12:00 cet

Files:
hc_008.jpg  56 kb

Hi Mibi / Nina,

I would have done the same as Mibi, but I wanted to follow the system to the letter before refining and thought you should wait until bar has actually closed below or above the 50EMA and a new one opens above/below before instigating a trade...

I can see the signals on Mibis charts are very clear to sell 10 pips earlier basically.

Do the signals on Mibis charts confirm the downmove before the bar closes, and so it's "ok" to try the trade according to the system.

mibl:
I see a long signal in usdchf @1,2970, 12:00 cet

Hello mibl,

I would pay attention not to too quickly take a trade bus right after the EMA50 there is the high channel which risks the not last one, it is a large resistance.

And besides, we find ourselves on the invers on eurusd and gbpusd with in more the pivot has to pass, very hard to believe that there too the price will pass easily (in my opinion not)

Mibi what areyou using for the fibo support/resistance bands if that what they are?

Could someone tell where you can read or find out more about the "pivot"

Thanks

See attached file...

Arrow is missing on GBP/USD chart. Does anybody have CatFx that don't miss signals?

Files:
gbp_usd.jpg  75 kb

BrunoFX:
Hello mibl,

I would pay attention not to too quickly take a trade bus right after the EMA50 there is the high channel which risks the not last one, it is a large resistance.

And besides, we find ourselves on the invers on eurusd and gbpusd with in more the pivot has to pass, very hard to believe that there too the price will pass easily (in my opinion not)

Hi BrunoFX,

thanks for your advice and interest

usdchf

I didn't trade the usdchf. For me this is an indicator for thrength of the usd. Trading this and the others will duplicate the risk for my trades. So I trade either eurusd / usdgbp or usdchf.

gbpusd and eurusd

I went short in gbpusd and eurusd at the levels I wrote. Meanwhile I had the chance to set the initial stop to entry for both.

The additional risk parameters for these trades:

1. On entry in gbpusd it was clear for me, that the pivot level could have been a barrier which must be broken.

2. Furthermore the time around lunch there is normally less movement.

--> If the pivot had been a barrier I would have closed that trade on entry (or if the down move would have been smaller with a loss at the ema crossing)

mibl

Of agreement for that, I have to indeed close my first trades on the reference mark that I had you then after the crossing of those I took with new trades. Even if I take that 10 pip again, that will be to me well too