I cannot convert M1 data into Daily chart

Hello everyone,

I am using 610 build of Mt4 and I am trying to convert M1 into M5, M15 and so on up to Daily. I am using period converter script but it is simply not working. Is there any change in the way we crate higher timeframes from M1 imported data?

I`d like to add that while I am doing converting process I am offline and I am not logged in order not to download data from the broker.

Hristo

kimito2:

Hello everyone,

I am using 610 build of Mt4 and I am trying to convert M1 into M5, M15 and so on up to Daily. I am using period converter script but it is simply not working. Is there any change in the way we crate higher timeframes from M1 imported data?

Please explain step by step what you did . . .

. . . I just tried it with some M1 data, it seems to work OK for me, but only when Online, not when offline.

RaptorUK:

. . . I just tried it with some M1 data, it seems to work OK for me, but only when Online, not when offline.

Give me a little time, if I can find what is going wrong and work around it quickly I will and post updated code here.

Just a small note - it works for me whatever connection status I have (or better say I did not spot any defect).

Ovo:
Just a small note - it works for me whatever connection status I have (or better say I did not spot any defect).
It appears to work for me but it doesn't convert all my M1 bars when disconnected.

RaptorUK:
Give me a little time, if I can find what is going wrong and work around it quickly I will and post updated code here.

Wow, never modified a Script before such that it crashes the terminal . . . didn't realise Print() was so dangerous

Edit: My fault, I copied OnDeinit(const int reason) and made it OnInit(const int reason) this crashed MT4 when run, no errors when compiled.

RaptorUK:

1. I open MT4 and I don`t login so I am offline.

2. I import M1 data.

3. I attach the period converter script on M1 chart and fill in "5" in order to get M5 chart.

kimito2:

1. I open MT4 and I don`t login so I am offline.

2. I import M1 data.

3. I attach the period converter script on M1 chart and fill in "5" in order to get M5 chart.

OK, what you have Tools > Options > Charts Max bars in History set to ?

RaptorUK:

OK, what you have Tools > Options > Charts Max bars in History set to ?

The highest possible number. I should say that I have done this many, many times before.

kimito2:

The highest possible number. I should say that I have done this many, many times before.
OK, I'm just trying to help . . .

Did you restart MT4 after importing your data ?

My Terminal is now working correctly with Period Converter even when offline . . . I hadn't changed Max bars in history or Max bars in chart from the default values.

RaptorUK:
OK, I'm just trying to help . . .

Did you restart MT4 after importing your data ?

My Terminal is now working correctly with Period Converter even when offline . . . I hadn't changed Max bars in history or Max bars in chart from the default values.

Yes, I restarted MT4 few times but without success. Also I am unable to make any backtest when I am offline. When I am online everything is perfect.
Reason: