CatFx50 - page 161

what i have done to add filters to my trading is add 100 and 200 emas so when i get a cat50 signal i want to see where the price is compared to the ema on 4hr and daily charts to see if there is enough room to go. emas are nothing more than moving trendlines i also see where they are in conjunction to fib pivots levels this way i know where support and resistance are very important in trading .i also while playing around discovered that bunny signals that happen at same area of cat50 signals become a super signal so my trading style is the cat chasing the bunny see chart also take a look at far right of chart forgot tomark but another cat chasing the bunny signal

Files:
cat50_bunny.gif  38 kb

mibl:
So had luck waiting until the US-news in addition with the EZB-News * I was not disciplined and hesitated --> and saved money. Hope now that the level 2 signal (EURUSD long at 1,1941/43) will work

came back on EURUSD

meanwhile R1 (60) reached --> realized 17 pips, 1. portion

R2 (80) were reached --> realized another 37 pips, 2. portion

rest will walk with trailing stop (25 pips).

same signals on the other side on USDCHF * but didn't trade them because of double risk.

mibl:
Hi passass, hi Nina,

look at this trades and you'll see that it is another thing to trade CatFX in realtime than to look an hour later at the chart and say afterwards - yes this was a good chance and it could have been xyz pips.

Unfortunately it is not so easy it looks like - because of the main thing: Traders often do not have discipline - that's because you must decide in realtime - now! - just at this seconds!.... And so sometimes you decide the wrong way.

I took this risky damned cable long too (risky because StepMA_Stoch was long, Histo not yet, IND Inverse shortly before long - but EURUSD was long too) and .....

No discipline because of

a) this risky entry you and

b) you could see that the setup quickly changed to short afterwards.

But the real short signal was IMO at the closing of the 9:30 cet candle at 1,7483 (your time above is cet+1) and I think this itself was a level 2 signal too.

... and I took this EURUSD long. This was a additional confirmation for me to enter the Cable long.

Nina: What is discipline in this case? Nevertheless I agree with you - discipline is a very necessary point fo a profitable trading strategy. But it is a tightrope walk between discipline and discretionary decissions.

And see it that way: If you want to find reasons that you need not to trade, you will find them: The 80/20 points mentioned by marbo, outstanding pivots, supports, trendlines, fibos, ...., other indicators .....

So losses will occur when you trade - even with catFX - you need additional money management issues when you want to survive them.

--> Be careful traders (beginners and professionals) - trading CatFX in reality is not so easy as it looks like! You need a kind of stomach feeling (translated german figure of speech

Regards mibl

(enough allocution, ready for the next trading signal...)

Hi, Mibl!

look at this trades and you'll see that it is another thing to trade CatFX in realtime than to look an hour later at the chart and say afterwards - yes this was a good chance and it could have been xyz pips.

Unfortunately it is not so easy it looks like - because of the main thing: Traders often do not have discipline - that's because you must decide in realtime - now! - just at this seconds!.... And so sometimes you decide the wrong way.

Right.

I took this risky damned cable long too (risky because StepMA_Stoch was long, Histo not yet, IND Inverse shortly before long - but EURUSD was long too) and .....

This was a bad trade not validated by CatFX50. There was no signal.

The only right signals till 12:00cet were the ones I posted. And EURUSD in any case hit stop of 34 pips.

and I took this EURUSD long. This was a additional confirmation for me to enter the Cable long.

Wrong

Nina: What is discipline in this case? Nevertheless I agree with you - discipline is a very necessary point fo a profitable trading strategy. But it is a tightrope walk between discipline and discretionary decissions.

We are humans, friend, therefore we hesitate, we doubt, we sweat and so on. Our greed and fear moves the market: greed and fear. Avoid discretionary decisions. You say: as eurusd is long, I buy cable: WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we have signals, we have signals. If we look at charts, we look at charts, otherwise we bet.

I said something about correlation between pairs above.

So losses will occur when you trade - even with catFX - you need additional money management issues when you want to survive them.

Right.

--> Be careful traders (beginners and professionals) - trading CatFX in reality is not so easy as it looks like! You need a kind of stomach feeling (translated german figure of speech

The same kind of stomach feeling that you need when trading whatsoever system. You pull the trigger, mate.

Nina

discipline, yes, discipline

dennyb:
discipline, yes, discipline

Hi!

FOCUS, PATIENCE AND DISCIPLINE!!!

Btw, to trade three pairs at a time is not an easy thing.

And PLEASE, PLEASE: never say "as eurusd is a sell, cable is a sell and usdchf is a buy". NEVER.

Eurusd is a sell if you have a signal of whatsoever system you use.

Gbpusd is a sell if you have a signal of whatsoever system you use.

ISDCHF is a buy if you have a signal of whatsoever system you use.

Nina

HAROLD4x,

What's that indicator that you use in your latest graph?

It's a double blue and double red line...it seems it's a kind of trend confirmation indicator.

Do you have the link for download, buddy?

Thanks a million, Marcelo Melo.

(Duplicate Posting)

Can somebody tell me what to use best, StepMa or MaxBars?

Thanks

Hi,

the difference is not significant,MaxBax is histogram version of StepMa.

Hello

I read some past posts by different members.

I was reading a Tunnel trading method.

I am just pasting some of his words.

" Please take the time to read and evaluate this information carefully. Turn the TV off, kick the kids out of the room, and give this the serious attention it deserves "

A forex trading agent at www.wewillrock.com told me once

"Patience is the Key to success and forex traders are like Spiders. Waiting, waiting and waiting for their prey to come near at their terms "

I think its good to wait for the right time to make a move in the market.

best wishes,

Dave

Reason: